United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
When Pereira ran through in the first half you had James and Lingard just standing at the edge of the box staring at him - literally no clue what runs to make; and where was our centre forward? Pereira had no options but to keep running and take the shot.

What run would Sterling or Son have been making? At the very least they’d have been pulling defenders away. This is why we don’t create.
Fact.

The lack of movement into and in the final third is appalling. Just need to watch them from throw-ins, they all hide behind their markers, they don't want the ball. It's where I feel for Pogba a bit, he's constantly on or trying to get on the ball, telling people where to go and where he wants it, and 9 times out of 10 he gets it, looks up and absolutely everybody ahead of him is stood still or hiding. We all want Pogba to be dominating, but he can't do it on his own. If he only has the option to dribble or pass it back/square, he's a bit £#%&!ed.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

[quote=utd99;5251025]When Pereira ran through in the first half you had James and Lingard just standing at the edge of the box staring at him - literally no clue what runs to make; and where was our centre forward? Pereira had no options but to keep running and take the shot.

What run would Sterling or Son have been making? At the very least they’d have been pulling defenders away. This is why we don’t create.[/QUOTE

Sums it up there was a good chance in the second half too when James got clear and tried to pick Rashford out in the middle but he was at least five yards behind where he should have been

His miss in the first half though

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
When Pereira ran through in the first half you had James and Lingard just standing at the edge of the box staring at him - literally no clue what runs to make; and where was our centre forward? Pereira had no options but to keep running and take the shot.

What run would Sterling or Son have been making? At the very least they’d have been pulling defenders away. This is why we don’t create.
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=370

Jesus, you’re all over the shop.

Make your mind up.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Make your mind up.
So even though Lingard and James were set up shop and not making a run, Pereira couldn’t have at least tried to play a one-two and carry on his run into the box to get behind the defence who were all set up between our forwards and the goal? The shot may still have been the best choice, but in this scenario he had no other choice.

It’s all about options mate, and the point was that James, Lingard and Rashford provided none and Periera didn’t help himself by having no composure and keeping his head down. Pretty much the opposite of what De Bruyne would have done.

You really should stop trying to score cheap points; It’s making you appear clueless.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's not shit. he's just not a striker. Sticking him out wide and then expecting him to beat half a dozen players is not fair on the boy, he needs help. We don't support our attacking players at all.

We were losing the game 3-1 and never committed more than 2 players into brighton's box. City were 5-1 up today and were throwing 5 players into Huddersfield's box. They're spoilt for options.

Our players run away from the ball and hide in plain sight. The only players today who showed for the ball consistently were pogba and Fred.
This is my first post on this thread, from August 2018. I see no reason to change my mind.

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
So even though Lingard and James were set up shop and not making a run, Pereira couldn’t have at least tried to play a one-two and carry on his run into the box to get behind the defence who were all set up between our forwards and the goal? The shot may still have been the best choice, but in this scenario he had no other choice.

It’s all about options mate, and the point was that James, Lingard and Rashford provided none and Periera didn’t help himself by having no composure and keeping his head down. Pretty much the opposite of what De Bruyne would have done.

You really should stop trying to score cheap points; It’s making you appear clueless.

I’d say that posting two completely different opinions on the same subject in two separate threads makes you look a lot more clueless tbh pal.

Was kind of an open goal for me, I had to take it.

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:02 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Make your mind up.
Wow

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Clownbones

Having a terrible time, no doubt.

He's clearly low on confidence and maybe injured, but £#%&! me he doesn't help himself sometimes.

That break in the second half where Pogba played him in on the right, he had James and (lingard?) Busting a gut to get up with play, both an option. Rashford, head down, speculative shot scuffed wide.

That's just poor decision making. He had time.

When strikers are struggling for goals, the message is often "keep doing the right things and itll come".

A lot of the time, Rashford isnt doing the right things.

I haven't given up on the lad and I'm hopeful he will get through this phase and show his worth, but I think it's reasonable to suggest there are doubts as to whether he's good enough.

I'm glad we're willing to try and see if he is and it's still very early in the season, but I think some need to brace themselves and entertain the possibilty that he isnt good enough.

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

He's clearly low on confidence and maybe injured, but £#%&! me he doesn't help himself sometimes.
But enough about utd99.....

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

That break in the second half where Pogba played him in on the right, he had James and (lingard?) Busting a gut to get up with play, both an option. Rashford, head down, speculative shot scuffed wide.

That's just poor decision making. He had time.

When strikers are struggling for goals, the message is often "keep doing the right things and itll come".

A lot of the time, Rashford isnt doing the right things.

I haven't given up on the lad and I'm hopeful he will get through this phase and show his worth, but I think it's reasonable to suggest there are doubts as to whether he's good enough.

I'm glad we're willing to try and see if he is and it's still very early in the season, but I think some need to brace themselves and entertain the possibilty that he isnt good enough.
Didn't even get a shot off. Was the same as at West Ham in the same position, didn't trust his pace, no belief in his left foot, conscious of the on rushing defender, get ball caught between his feet and barely even connected with it into Sokratis ankles. Sad to see the lack of confidence. Looked like a condemned man walking back after picking himself up from that and made very little effort to be in and around the goal whenever we attacked from that point. When you want your striker in the middle offering himself as an option for crosses and through balls, he was hiding in deeper areas or on the wing. Confidence completely shot.

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:57 PM
utd99

Quote:

I’d say that posting two completely different opinions on the same subject in two separate threads makes you look a lot more clueless tbh pal.
Ok, just so that I understand, your point is that it's simply impossible that none of our forwards were doing the right thing at that moment? That by criticizing the lack of movement from James and Lingard means that somehow Pereira is absolved from all responsibility to be composed and have his head up? That even with a static team mate you have no other option but head down shot away? Have you ever seen a one-two to get behind a defence?

Do you really not know what you're looking at or is this just a wind up?

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Definitely something wrong with him (Rashy) at the moment. Could be something off the pitch but he's going to have to gain more resilient confidence. Also still don't think his positioning is right; not enough playing the width of the box and occupying the CBs.

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Definitely something wrong with him (Rashy) at the moment. Could be something off the pitch but he's going to have to gain more resilient confidence. Also still don't think his positioning is right; not enough playing the width of the box and occupying the CBs.
Or he is just not good enough to be our #1 striker...

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Definitely something wrong with him (Rashy) at the moment. Could be something off the pitch
That's what I have said mate. Somethings got in his head. Walks around like he's Ronaldo circa 2008. Like he's made it to the top and is now just trying to express himself through his work.

Guess what mate. He's not made it.

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Or he is just not good enough to be our #1 striker...
Separate issue. There's definitely something up with him at the moment. Could be many reasons but his head's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That's what I have said mate. Somethings got in his head. Walks around like he's Ronaldo circa 2008. Like he's made it to the top and is now just trying to express himself through his work.

Guess what mate. He's not made it.
He doesn't look lax though. As Dunk suggested he looked beaten at times. Focus and confidence disappearing.

People treat footballers at commodities. They have lives away from the pitch. I don't know what's up with him but in every aspect it just looks wrong. He's not helped playing in a dreadful team and being allowed to be positionally so reckless, but every time he gets the ball at the moment you expect an air shot or for him to fall over. Painful watching him over the last 2-3 weeks.

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Separate issue. There's definitely something up with him at the moment. Could be many reasons but his head's gone.

He doesn't look lax though. As Dunk suggested he looked beaten at times. Focus and confidence disappearing.

People treat footballers at commodities. They have lives away from the pitch. I don't know what's up with him but in every aspect it just looks wrong. He's not helped playing in a dreadful team and being allowed to be positionally so reckless, but every time he gets the ball at the moment you expect and air shot or for him to fall over. Painful watching him over the last 2-3 weeks.
So what do we do, drop him? Give Greenwood a run in the team? We certainly don't have many options atm.

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:31 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

People treat footballers at commodities. They have lives away from the pitch. I don't know what's up with him but in every aspect it just looks wrong. He's not helped playing in a dreadful team and being allowed to be positionally so reckless, but every time he gets the ball at the moment you expect and air shot or for him to fall over. Painful watching him over the last 2-3 weeks.

Weeks

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:32 PM
jem

the answer to the original question is no. not under the new rules. soz.
Closed Thread