United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
thought you wouldn't be around today?
On a mobile. Difficult to put effort in on a mobile. Guess cream managed it though. Keep up the top modding

Sparky***

Don’t worry I’m sure ole’s in there now telling them all how we used to be good

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
If we can see it why can’t Ole?

He' more likely to bring on another forward and leave Pogba deep. I just don’t understand the thinking in playing him so deep, especially at home against Crystal Palace?
There’s no point playing Pogba higher if no one can get the ball to him

Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Plenty of time to turn it round but incredibly soft goal to concede. Have to work much harder to open Palace up given they are so deep. Pedestrian build up play
I think the build up is a little more assured than it has been in recent years, we are less reluctant to just launch it, which is a good thing, but when we do need to commit to actually doing something, the execution is poor.

The full backs don't offer enough delivery (not having a go at AWB. He's young and has time to develop), neither does Lingard and James needs space ahead of him to be effective.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:04 PM
utd99

We know Lindelof is shit in the air though. We’ve known that since the second game of his first pre-season; no way Smalling would have lost that duel. But these are our choices atm; presence vs quality on the ball, and we seem to have to pick our poison with every player in the squad.

One thing I know though, is that if you’re so poor in the final third that you can’t create with 76% possession you’re going to drop a lot of points over the course of a season. That’s why City and Liverpool are 30/40 points better than us. By the time Palace had that chance it would have been 3 or 4-0 already.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
In fairness that was caused by Shaw
He came back on with a hamstring injury so I think Maguire was overcompensating covering his side
Possibly. Also early days as a partnership etc.

armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
On a mobile. Difficult to put effort in on a mobile. Guess cream managed it though. Keep up the top modding
cry me a podcast

woody78

Quote:
lingard. what a nothing player. his only possible use is as part of a counter attack. against a team sitting deep he's rage inducing.
I think James is going to be similar. Very quick but lacks quality. He should be used as a sub.

It's criminal we haven't bought any creative players.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Contracts dont mean anything. It should be dictated by performance.

If we dont sell, itll be because we're fannies, rather than a contract thing.
It’s because no other club would be stupid enough to give Luke £#%&!ing Shaw 150k a week... doesn’t matter if we want to sell him, no club in their right mind would pay the money for him.

We’re seeing the same type of thing with Rojo, Darmian, Sanchez etc

We give average players bumper contracts and are stuck with them.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Clownbones

If we can score early, I think we will go on to win, but it's a big if.

Whip Hubley

Quote:
cry me a podcast
Ha ha.

Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It’s because no other club would be stupid enough to give Luke £#%&!ing Shaw 150k a week... doesn’t matter if we want to sell him, no club in their right mind would pay the money for him.

We’re seeing the same type of thing with Rojo, Darmian, Sanchez etc

We give average players bumper contracts and are stuck with them.
There's always china.

They have Chinese food.

He'll like that.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
If we can score early, I think we will go on to win, but it's a big if.
You £#%&!ing dreamer

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Ethers

Ole got the hairdryer out at halftime apparently

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ole got the hairdryer out at halftime apparently
Thought James was looking good.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:08 PM
MartialLaw

Lingard. Bin. Now.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:08 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Ha ha.

subscription cancelled!

see ya.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:09 PM
AK14

Much better

Up the £#%&!ing tempo.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Sparky***

Ah yes

The brainless fouls

Our speciality

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Our best finisher is on the bench dont you know
can he take free kicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I think James is going to be similar. Very quick but lacks quality. He should be used as a sub.

It's criminal we haven't bought any creative players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Thought James was looking good.
james isn't really using his pace the way we are playing. he should have £#%&!ing buried his chance, though. and the one he just missed could have been better. no really fair to playing him from the start, though. pereira would be a better option - scores, takes free kicks, isn't a dumbass.... the way we are playing, it would make more sense.