United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Buck

We'd have been better off playing with 10 men than bringing Young on.

Get Pogba on the ball higher up the field and we'll win this.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d take a 1-1 now.

Trouble is I can’t see us scoring and actually see them getting at least another goal.

We look terrible.
Yet again, same as against Wolves, the keeper has had nothing to do.

And we're at home against Palace ffs. Yet again we can't engineer a decent opportunity, mainly due to our painful lack of any kind of top class players but also due the fact our forwards are all playing their own game, there's no link up or cohesion.

It's gonna be a long £#%&!ing season this. Again.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Predictable shite.

We have no idea how to play against teams.
Fixed for you pal.

Love ole but the more I watch us the more I think he’s way out of his depth..

My Name is Heath

Apologies - I went to the loo about 15 minutes in and missed most of the half.

Is Shaw off ffs?

11minutes extra time??

Unread 24-08-2019, 03:57 PM
BouncyCheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
alright maybe a bit longer. No need to be pedantic, you know what i'm saying.
I believe that you're saying the current team is absolutely £#%&!ing horrendous.

I concur.

Unread 24-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Ashley Young.
Is no worse than Luke Shaw.

Seriously.

Shaw is quick (for an hour) and energetic (for an hour) but he gets caught out of position at the back and cant deliver on the overlap.

He's shit at both ends of the pitch and entirely unreliable.

We were all buzzing about a settled back five a few weeks ago, but we knew deep down that there were still question marks about Shaw.

He'll be sold in the summer and rightly so.

Unread 24-08-2019, 03:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Is no worse than Luke Shaw.

Seriously.

Shaw is quick (for an hour) and energetic (for an hour) but he gets caught out of position at the back and cant deliver on the overlap.

He's shit at both ends of the pitch and entirely unreliable.

We were all buzzing about a settled back five a few weeks ago, but we knew deep down that there were still question marks about Shaw.

He'll be sold in the summer and rightly so.
He’s not long ago signed a long term contract worth 150k a week pal, can’t see many clubs lining up to take him off our hands tbh.

Jose was right about him...

Unread 24-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Started well but the injuries disrupted us and then the goal completely knocked our confidence
Very brittle team

Weak goal to concede

The big issue is we don’t have any creativity outside of Pogba
The Scottish Player has really had a poor start to the season. Just isn’t offering himself enough for passes and isn’t being forward thinking enough with his passes

As I said before the match it just isn’t the game for Lingard or James
Runners with little to no quality on the ball
We desperately need a couple of players to help Rashford and Martial in attack
All true.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:00 PM
armchair

infuriating.

atticusgrinch

There's no focal point to the attack.

You've got Shaw/Young on the left offering £#%&! all and James and Lingard on the right offering £#%&! all.

When he's fit i'd like to see Dalot either on the right or from left back. He might take on a player and cross the ball with reasonable accuracy.

dunk

That was awful from Maguire for the goal.. got to be covering and ready for the second ball not marking nobody 30 yards from the ball while the second forward strolls through, tbh.

Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
15:00 Saturday 24th August

TEAM NEWS
Manchester United's Diogo Dalot has been ruled out until after the international break next month due to injury. Who cares!

He joins fellow defenders and long-term absentees Eric Bailly and Timothy Fosu-Mensah on the sidelines.
--------------------------

Crystal Palace remain without injured central defenders Mamadou Sakho and James Tomkins.

As a result, summer signing Gary Cahill could make his debut for Roy Hodgson's side.

Palace haven't beaten the Reds in something like 20 games. A premier league record. Pathetic!

Will we go with Perreira? I have no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
infuriating.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Lodestar

Plenty of time to turn it round but incredibly soft goal to concede. Have to work much harder to open Palace up given they are so deep. Pedestrian build up play

Clownbones

Quote:
He’s not long ago signed a long term contract worth 150k a week pal, can’t see many clubs lining up to take him off our hands tbh.

Jose was right about him...
Contracts dont mean anything. It should be dictated by performance.

If we dont sell, itll be because we're fannies, rather than a contract thing.

armchair

lingard. what a nothing player. his only possible use is as part of a counter attack. against a team sitting deep he's rage inducing.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:02 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That was awful from Maguire for the goal.. got to be covering and ready for the second ball not marking nobody 30 yards from the ball while the second forward strolls through, tbh.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
We'd have been better off playing with 10 men than bringing Young on.

Get Pogba on the ball higher up the field and we'll win this.
If we can see it why can’t Ole?

He' more likely to bring on another forward and leave Pogba deep. I just don’t understand the thinking in playing him so deep, especially at home against Crystal Palace?

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In fairness that was caused by Shaw
He came back on with a hamstring injury so I think Maguire was overcompensating covering his side

armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
thought you wouldn't be around today?

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:03 PM
believe

Quote:
If we can see it why can’t Ole?

He' more likely to bring on another forward and leave Pogba deep. I just don’t understand the thinking in playing him so deep, especially at home against Crystal Palace?
Because we’ve got nothing to lose by having an opinion.