United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-03-2022, 11:40 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I honestly don't think there was a lack of desire more a lack of ability. Players just not good enough at that level against a well organised disciplined team.
maybe true against a top team, but atleti weren't that. they scored after a foul on elanga. the ref could easily have given us a penalty, certainly should have given us a free kick on the edge of the box when bruno was taken down and was generally shit, favouring atleti blatantly. we could have scored when elanga hit oblak's face, if sancho had kept his volley down or if varane had headed into the 5/6th of the goal that oblak wasn't standing in. fine margins. atleti weren't much of a threat (despite the offiside goal) and were devious, rather than well-organised. maybe the subs warming up were organised in putting off our throws and corners.

we are shit, but we were the better team for most of that game. not so much in the first game. it's still shit to go out to a team of basic schemers.

mcfred's first half performance was really quite a pleasant surprise. maguire is such a £#%&!ing dunderheaded donkey, though.

Unread 16-03-2022, 11:54 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
uncoachable at the side of the rest of the %@#$&!s in the team? probably sees his arse on a regular basis because shit@#%&!s like The Scottish Player cant play a forward pass into space and its always two yards behind him?

turd

edit: and if you think Fernandes is the problem, you need to just give up.
Bruno in a nutshell.

Unread 16-03-2022, 11:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Manchester United

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:22 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
ref was a mess. Aside from the Llorente one - where he called for the physio, who didn't come on, meaning the player just stood up and got on with it - he was also constantly slowing down play by calling back quick free kicks and taking an age to communicate with players.

Still, didn't cost us the game. Our players managed that by themselves.
Their goal took the piss though. Even if Elanga wasn't fouled, Fred definitely was.

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:30 PM
Hitch22

the last 30mins or so was painful to watch

no point slagging off players (Maguire, Bruno Fernandes and Ronaldo were garbage) the club is rotten to the core and until we get owners we will never be a successful title/trophy winning club again

the only chance we have is if we somehow manage to hire a SAF-like manager who's able to single handedly drag us over the line in spite of terribly we are run and the overall lack of structure at the club

and it will only get worse if City, Liverpool and co continue doing what they're doing

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:33 PM
dunk

Tough to score in 11 minutes and 19 seconds of actual football tbf. They were time wasting from the 6th minute.

Hook, line and £#%&!ing sinker, done up like kippers. That referee should never appear in the CL again.

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Selhurst Samurai

I’d forgotten how angry Champions League refs make me. They punish the tiniest honest infraction meanwhile let shithouse tactics go for 90 mins until it boils over.

I blame our team for the defeat. But I do blame the ref for allowing Madrid to do everything in their power to kill the game as a football contest.

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
I’d forgotten how angry Champions League refs make me. They punish the tiniest honest infraction meanwhile let s**thouse tactics go for 90 mins until it boils over.

I blame our team for the defeat. But I do blame the ref for allowing Madrid to do everything in their power to kill the game as a football contest.

Madrid did what they do - frustrate the opposition. We should be well drilled on that and realising the ref won't give us anything. As it was, we were far too poor to be looking at other any factor.

Unread 16-03-2022, 01:22 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/utddistrict/stat...140749825?s=21

Tough to score in 11 minutes and 19 seconds of actual football tbf. They were time wasting from the 6th minute.

Hook, line and £#%&!ing sinker, done up like kippers. That referee should never appear in the CL again.
We could have had 1169 minutes. Still wouldn't have scored. Aside from Varane header 2nd and Dalot speculative 1st half, did he make a save?

Unread 16-03-2022, 01:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
We could have had 1169 minutes. Still wouldn't have scored. Aside from Varane header 2nd and Dalot speculative 1st half, did he make a save?
you're not counting his face, then?

Unread 16-03-2022, 01:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Bruno had a good effort late first half, but I agree. Not the point though is it. That was £#%&!ing criminal.

Do we ever get a ‘homer’ ref at OT in the CL btw? Seems to me refs go the opposite direction against us, a bit Scholes/Neville, give us £#%&! all and help the away side wherever possible as if to prove impartiality

Unread 16-03-2022, 02:16 PM
Sparky***

You can't hate atleti madrid for being what they are. They saw a weak clueless ref and took maximum advantage.

The match was there for us to win and there's no skirting around the fact that we're just not good enough. A squad with some great players on their last legs and a load of pretty average players all assembled at eye watering cost. The champions league is the acid test if you want to consider yourself a top team and we've consistently failed season after season.

I don't think anybody is under any illusions any more as to just where we are. This delusional narrative that Ole 'left us great shape' and had 'done a great job' falls apart more by the day.

By the time final whistle went last night there were 11 players on the pitch who were signed by 4 different managers. 6 of those players won't be here next season.

What a mess.

Unread 16-03-2022, 02:36 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
You can't hate atleti madrid for being what they are. They saw a weak clueless ref and took maximum advantage.

The match was there for us to win and there's no skirting around the fact that we're just not good enough. A squad with some great players on their last legs and a load of pretty average players all assembled at eye watering cost. The champions league is the acid test if you want to consider yourself a top team and we've consistently failed season after season.

I don't think anybody is under any illusions any more as to just where we are. This delusional narrative that Ole 'left us great shape' and had 'done a great job' falls apart more by the day.

By the time final whistle went last night there were 11 players on the pitch who were signed by 4 different managers. 6 of those players won't be here next season.

What a mess.
Probably more alarming is they’ve had a whole window and not one of the players in the whole 22 has been signed by the current manager

Unread 16-03-2022, 02:49 PM
dunk

Quote:

What a mess.
Can and will. Soz.

Anti-football £#%&!ing @#%&!s. Probably could’ve beaten us 3 or 4 if they’d tried, anything is better than that 45 minutes of abject shite and frustration they subjected the football World to.

Unread 16-03-2022, 02:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Manchester United
@utdfaithful

Unread 16-03-2022, 04:25 PM
marlo

Unread 16-03-2022, 04:44 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Read the thread first you tiresome #@&%!