United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Holy shit
Think I preferred the days of ‘at the end of the day at this level if you don’t take your chances you get punished’

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:55 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So in other words when you go gung ho you empty out the midfield and counter attacks become devastating. Cheers mate.

Actually it was a pretty interesting read. Bigs up Fred, Mct and big Tone.
Didn’t clock the martial bit. Bielsa knows

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Coracao

His team play naive; albeit entertaining football.

A few more hammerings ahead for them this season.

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:59 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Didn’t clock the martial bit. Bielsa knows
Also, at the risk of ridicule for donning my Christmas anorak, I’ve long thought throw-ins are treated like the red headed step child of football. It’s a pass, just like any other, yet it gets treated like a joke.

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:02 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Also, at the risk of ridicule for donning my Christmas anorak, I’ve long thought throw-ins are treated like the red headed step child of football. It’s a pass, just like any other, yet it gets treated like a joke.
It’s not a pass like any other though?

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:02 PM
shenwen

I don’t know who is feeding him his stats

Quote:
We created 11 chances at goal, scoring two. Man Utd created eight chances at goal and scored six.
Incorrect

Except for the goals scored of course

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:03 PM
jem

I feel better about bielsa bub having read that.

Quote:
I hope the explanation was enough to finish this contact.
will definitely be using that one.

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:07 PM
Buck

Quote:
Zidane could only dream of the passes Rory Delap pulled off

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
This is something the vermin identified when they appointed that throw in coach.

PL's average for retained possession under pressure was 48%. He increased the vermin's to 68%.

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:24 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s not a pass like any other though?
It’s a pass that starts from behind the head and is delivered exclusively with the hands but otherwise not that much difference.

I do though agree that throw ins are massively ignored. Usual it’s just a haul up the pitch and giving up possession.

Anyway, back on topic, can I take it then that Leeds won the throw ins?

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It’s a pass that starts from behind the head and is delivered exclusively with the hands but otherwise not that much difference.

I do though agree that throw ins are massively ignored. Usual it’s just a haul up the pitch and giving up possession.

Anyway, back on topic, can I take it then that Leeds won the throw ins?
It’s also delivered from a part of the pitch you can’t play any other pass from, you can’t be offside from it, and unlike any other pass the opposition generally has time to reset their shape before it. Other than that though....

Definitely ignored mind and provides some unique opportunities. I remember laughing at the dippers appointing a throw in coach tbh but who’s laughing now

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s also delivered from a part of the pitch you can’t play any other pass from, you can’t be offside from it, and unlike any other pass the opposition generally has time to reset their shape before it. Other than that though....

Definitely ignored mind and provides some unique opportunities. I remember laughing at the dippers appointing a throw in coach tbh but who’s laughing now
It’s the movement of the ball from one of your players to another. Just because it’s mechanically different and has different characteristics the aim is exactly the same. A keeper throwing it out is mechanically different as well, are you disputing that’s a pass as well?

I get that your base motivation is to be as contrary as possible, but maybe be a little more selective?

Unread 24-12-2020, 02:10 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This is something the vermin identified when they appointed that throw in coach.

PL's average for retained possession under pressure was 48%. He increased the vermin's to 68%.
Surprised they haven't had a DVD out, "100 Great Anfield Throw-ins".

You know why it's 100....

Unread 24-12-2020, 04:08 PM
puressence

Games 5 days ago still going on about it. He’s £#%&!ing ruined bielsa 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 24-12-2020, 07:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I don’t know who is feeding him his stats

Incorrect

Except for the goals scored of course
I suspect its a highly flexible definition of "chances" in both cases.

Unread 24-12-2020, 08:39 PM
Vida_15

quite a long rant/explanation of their analysis of the game

all the stats don't mean shit if you lost 6-2 and should have lost by a hell of a lot more

Unread 24-12-2020, 08:50 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Still not quite got over the analysis and reaction to this game.

I feel as though I'm relatively knowledgable about the sport, but this game certainly made me realise how little I actually know.

I would have thought that a side conceding 6 goals against a bitter rival during a heavy defeat would come under some type of criticism, yet the opposite has happened. The praise has been universal!

Praise for their energy levels, the constant focus on attack, the pressing up until the final minute. I've been left utterly confused. What about the fact they conceded 6 (six!) goals in a derby game against a bitter, bitter rival in an embarrassing defeat? Utterly mental coverage, and my hate for Gary Neville increases once again. BielsaBall is a load of balls from what I saw.

Unread 24-12-2020, 09:39 PM
armchair

This is quite entertaining as not everyone is the room is a Leeds United supporter. In fact, I think there is only one.It's kind of odd. The two guys in blue are laughing at leeds and their leeds supporting pal.

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:02 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This is quite entertaining as not everyone is the room is a Leeds United supporter. In fact, I think there is only one.It's kind of odd. The two guys in blue are laughing at leeds and their leed supporting pal.

https://youtu.be/rRjtCcZ5KJw
Not one mask the @#%&!s 🤣🤣

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:04 PM
armchair

I wonder does he supply the booze and sweets and that's why they come on. The laughing guys in blue show barely any interest apart from laughing at leeds and winding him up.