United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
El Calafate

Default We will not win the Champs League

with ferie in charge. not on last nights performance anyway.

is it me or does fergie talk up the opposition too much? utd looked very nervous. if we are finding it hard to beat Lyon we've got no chance.

nft.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

£#%&!ing great stuff, well £#%&!ing done.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:15 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
£#%&!ing great stuff, well £#%&!ing done.
the truth hurts. nft.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
the truth hurts. nft.
Yeah, so me calling you a £#%&!ing boring #@&%! must be particularly painful.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:18 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Yeah, so me calling you a £#%&!ing boring #@&%! must be particularly painful.
that's funny coming from a welshman.

nft.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Redhod99

We continue to play this cautious, almost negative style in europe despite it being our downfall for several years. I can't understand it.

Our strengths are our strong defence and our attacking threat and options. We play 442 in the league and have conceded the least goals and scored the 2nd most. Why he can't trust the team to play this way in europe i'll never know. What happens instead is we have players like Anderson and Rooney who are of exceptional ability, being asked to do jobs they dont know and their level suffers as a result.

We spend too much time worrying about the other team.

Let the other teams worry about us and if it doesn't work at least we can say we had a go

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
that's funny coming from a welsh man.

nft.
Is it really. that's the best you can do as well. Sad boring £#%&!wit.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
We continue to play this cautious, almost negative style in europe despite it being our downfall for several years. I can't understand it.

Our strengths are our strong defence and our attacking threat and options. We play 442 in the league and have conceded the least goals and scored the 2nd most. Why he can't trust the team to play this way in europe i'll never know. What happens instead is we have players like Anderson and Rooney who are of exceptional ability, being asked to do jobs they dont know and their level suffers as a result.

Let the other teams worry about us and if it doesn't work at least we can say we had a go
absolutely spot on, but it will be lost on here.

nft.

El Calafate

Quote:
Is it really. that's the best you can do as well. Sad boring £#%&!wit.
nft.

elhombre

Quote:

to be fair the standard of some of the teams in the premiership is gash, that said, your point is still valid... and well put.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Yup, as i said earlier hope we get an English team next, maybe we'll play like we do in the PL.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:32 AM
wiganste

Quote:

Top scorers aren't we?

But I find it hard to disagree with your post.

However, Lyon are a good team and we beat them by not playing well. I suppose you have to take the plus points from that?

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Top scorers aren't we?

However, Lyon are a good team and we beat them by not playing well. I suppose you have to take the plus points from that?
You probbly do, course we'd get beaten like a red headed step child playing like that against a good team.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Stickman

Short memories.

We were equally shit, cautious, pedestrian, relying on individual magic v lille last season.

2 games later we looked like we could win it.

Ill wait till we're through to the semis before passing judgement on whether we can or cannot win it

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Top scorers aren't we?

No Arsenal are just I think.

You could see the difference straight away last night when Tevez came on, we kept the ball, they backed off and their defence had problems. Prior to that it was easy for them.

If, as in the past, our defence was dodgy, I could understand us protecting them, but now, I just dont think its necessary. 442 last night and it would have blown them away, instead we are left with a nervous last 20 where they are still in the tie and as we saw, despite their lack of threat thoughout the game it only takes one chance and we're in the shit.

For me, the only way you can win trophies is playing to your strengths and we are clearly not doing that in europe.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Short memories.

We were equally shit, cautious, pedestrian, relying on individual magic v lille last season.

2 games later we looked like we could win it.

Ill wait till we're through to the semis before passing judgement on whether we can or cannot win it
Yeah, then we went to Milan with a lead, played a cautious team and were out of it within 20 mins. My point exactly.

The season before we went out after trying to be clever going for 0-0 draws away in the group stages.

The year before that we created 2 chances against Milan at OT because we were too scared they might get an away goal, which they did anyway.

And the year before that we got it back to 2-2 against Porto and went defensive, they score in the last minute and go through

No short memory, its the same every year.

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Yeah, then we went to Milan with a lead, played a cautious team and were out of it within 20 mins. My point exactly.

The season before we went out after trying to be clever going for 0-0 draws away in the group stages.

The year before that we created 2 chances against Milan at OT because we were too scared they might get an away goal, which they did anyway.

And the year before that we got it back to 2-2 against Porto and went defensive, they score in the last minute and go through

No short memory, its the same every year.
Exactly right I'm afraid.

If United get Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea it will be alright.
Otherwise Fergie will have his usual European Cup brain spasm where he suddenly orders the team to stop attacking.

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:25 AM
wiganste

Quote:
No Arsenal are just I think.

You could see the difference straight away last night when Tevez came on, we kept the ball, they backed off and their defence had problems. Prior to that it was easy for them.

If, as in the past, our defence was dodgy, I could understand us protecting them, but now, I just dont think its necessary. 442 last night and it would have blown them away, instead we are left with a nervous last 20 where they are still in the tie and as we saw, despite their lack of threat thoughout the game it only takes one chance and we're in the shit.

For me, the only way you can win trophies is playing to your strengths and we are clearly not doing that in europe.
Arsenal 28 19 8 1 57 21 65
Man Utd 28 20 4 4 58 15 64

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:36 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
You probbly do, course we'd get beaten like a red headed step child playing like that against a good team.
like who?

the mighty barcelona who were struggles against celtic?
the might milan who didnt even look like socring against arsenal?
the great fernabache or sevilla?

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
like who?

the mighty barcelona who were struggles against celtic?
the might milan who didnt even look like socring against arsenal?
the great fernabache or sevilla?
Probbly not Milan, I think they are out. I think Barca and infact Arse and Liverpool would beat us playing like that. we played much better against arse twice and the dippers away in my opinion.
Closed Thread