United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:11 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Default Re: We can make it 5 in a row

They'll be bang up for it and we'll be bang up for it. Form goes out of the window for this one. If both play as they're capable of it'll be a very tight game. To be honest I think it has draw written all over it, but if Gerrard and Torres are out it goes without saying that it's advantage us. I'm just praying for a Wazza brace and lickle Mikey grabbing one from the bench.
Let's just have a go at the @#%&!s!

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I hope Utd remember the OT game from last season and look to put that right. Not just that but all the nonsense from Scousers in the media about them being last seasons Moral Champions

Vidic especially should be itching for this game, had 2 shockers against them last year.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:29 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I hope Utd remember the OT game from last season and look to put that right. Not just that but all the nonsense from Scousers in the media about them being last seasons Moral Champions

Vidic especially should be itching for this game, had 2 shockers against them last year.
IMO all that Fergie needs to do is play the full game from OT last year on Saturday morning and if that dosn't get them fired up for it then nothing will. Everyone of those starters from that game owes us a big performance.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:32 PM
hopkins

4-6-0 ahoy

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Turin

I think we're seeing the Rafa endgame being played out.

It's over 20 years since they lost even four games in a row. The £#%&!ers look totally stunned, like a boxer out on his feet.

Benitez is looking more and more clueless. Could be a bloody Sunday coming up for the Raffer. As long as they don't replace him with someone decent.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin

It's over 20 years since they lost even four games in a row. The £#%&!ers look totally stunned, like a boxer out on his feet.

Benitez is looking more and more clueless. Could be a bloody Sunday coming up for the Raffer. As long as they don't replace him with someone decent.
It's been 22 years since they lost 4 on the bounce. Souness, Evans, Houllier>Benitez.

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:08 PM
wonky no

we need to buck up a bit to. they havn't been worth worrying about all season but all that goes out of the window on sunday. we were hanging on against bolton on satdee although we should have had 4.

what is our longest run of straight wins against liverpool?

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:09 PM
wonky no

Quote:

sven

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Turin

Sven About the best they could afford.

Form goes out the window for Liverpool games but we are due another win against them, we never lose three times in a row to any team.

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:22 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Form goes out the window for Liverpool games but we are due another win against them, we never lose three times in a row to any team.
Except the time we lost 5 in a row to them?

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up Re: We can make it 5 in a row

I will curl one out on a tramp if we beat them Sunday. After 10 pints of Guinness too. So it will be more of a sharp spray.

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Turin

£#%&!ing hell, how did I forget the Danny Murphy era?

Five times?

Stickman

Quote:
Sven About the best they could afford.

West Ham 06-07 1-0 0-1
West Ham 07-08 2-1

red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I will curl one out on a Champ if we beat them Sunday. After 10 pints of Guinness too. So it will be more of a sharp spray.

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
That too.

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Turin

Okay, okay...my memory is £#%&!ed.

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:31 PM
magic_cantona

Gerrard will score, they'll win, it'll be 'ON!' etc

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Gerrard will score, they'll win, it'll be 'ON!' etc
Old News? Are you still here?

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but we've hardly been impressive in the last couple of games. we will need better finishing, for sure.

it would be nice if mascherano got sent off in the first 30 minutes. as he deserves in every game he plays.
Spot on. In regards to both points. The games against Werder Bremen, Sunderland and Bolton we showed suicidal lapses in defensive concentration at times. Far, far too casual. We looked as if we were just cruising along waiting for a bad result to wake us the £#%&! up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
if we lose to this shower of shit, we don't deserve to win the title. we should hammer these @#%&!s.
The games at Anfield are always tight, intense affairs. When was the last time we "hammered" them at anfield? 3-1 in 1998? We won't hammer them, they won't allow it. They have so much to prove to their fans now it will be like facing 20 men on sunday, they'll be everywhere. Add to that our obligatory sending off and I think we'll be in for a very nervy afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
They'll be bang up for it and we'll be bang up for it. Form goes out of the window for this one. If both play as they're capable of it'll be a very tight game. To be honest I think it has draw written all over it, but if Gerrard and Torres are out it goes without saying that it's advantage us. I'm just praying for a Wazza brace and lickle Mikey grabbing one from the bench.
Agreed. If I was a betting man I'd put my money on a draw or a narrow, scabby liverpool victory. There's too many factors that point to a scouse win.

Unread 21-10-2009, 09:30 AM
wiganste

If we beat them on Sunday, Benitez will be out of a job imo.

Good or bad thing? The man is £#%&!ing clueless yet the scousers think the sun shines out of his arse. If they do sack him, they may get a top manager in and if the Arabs buy the club, it's not worth thinking about.

Looking at the way Liverpool have played this season, Sunday ought to be a nailed on away win. I think we've been pretty good away from home (Burnley being the exception) and we're due a performance there.

If only football was that simple eh?
Closed Thread