United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: would you like to see rangers and celtic join the english leagues?
yeah, let them in, will improve the league 7 8.54%
nah, tell em to £#%&! off 72 87.80%
stop bothering me with difficult questions 3 3.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Default Re: would you like to see rangers and celtic join the english league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I'd like to see them in tbh. Rather come over to watch Utd v the old firm than some of the non-atmospheres there are these days. And don't really understand why the Welsh sides play whilst the old "stay in their own country" is thrown at the old firm.

Just mho view of course.
I'd £#%&! off Cardiff and Swansea if it was up to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
imagine them £#%&!ing @#%&!s swarming all over the city twice a year
They are already swarming over the place when there's no game on.

Unread 10-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I'd settle for letting them into the FA Cup. But then the whole SPL should be entered.

Unread 10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
IAnd don't really understand why the Welsh sides play whilst the old "stay in their own country" is thrown at the old firm.
Obvious, isn't it? Scotland has a top flight of fully professional teams, and Wales doesn't.

Unread 10-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
but would they - they'd get the same 3k away allocation as any other side. Most games would be played on a Saturday and they would probably come in on buses and away again same as the others.

The recent euro games have meant a bigger allocation and they have come down and made a day of it (fair play). When they are doing it every other week it's not going to happen.
WUM. You mean by trashing the town and £#%&!ing up Manchester United's ability to have a parade post-Moscow?

If there's only 3,000 of the #@&%!s then the atmosphere will be shite/just as bad as usual for a home game so I think we'll stick with Wigan and Hull tbh honest.

Unread 10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
dinger

He's only thinking of his peepil.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:07 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
WUM. You mean by trashing the town and £#%&!ing up Manchester United's ability to have a parade post-Moscow?

If there's only 3,000 of the #@&%!s then the atmosphere will be shite/just as bad as usual for a home game so I think we'll stick with Wigan and Hull tbh honest.
Not wumming - just personally would rather go to a game against the Old Firm than as you say Hull or Wigan. As I said on another thread recently No Fun and I had a drink in the Tollgate before the Celtic game last year - we were possibly the only Utd supporters in there - that wouldn't happen in a league game. There has been no trouble at any of the recent Utd v Old Firm games.

But why was it Rangers fans fault that there was no parade ? The riot was down to them - yes. But the non-parade - that was GMPs decision/fault - no one elses. They just used the previous weeks events as a convenient excuse.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Not wumming - just personally would rather go to a game against the Old Firm than as you say Hull or Wigan. As I said on another thread recently No Fun and I had a drink in the Tollgate before the Celtic game last year - we were possibly the only Utd supporters in there - that wouldn't happen in a league game. There has been no trouble at any of the recent Utd v Old Firm games.

But why was it Rangers fans fault that there was no parade ? The riot was down to them - yes. But the non-parade - that was GMPs decision/fault - no one elses. They just used the previous weeks events as a convenient excuse.
I'd rather watch Madrid and Barcelona play United twice a season but it won't happen, because like Scotland, Spain is a foreign country under UEFA.

Wrong - plenty of aggravation at the bus stops and in town after Celtic at home.

It was a good excuse maybe but the invasion and behaviour was a scumfest and gave them adequate reason to do what they did. So it was Ranger's fault.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Spiffy

Scottish people £#%&!ing hate the English, they can get £#%&!ed if they think they're having any of our football money. @#%&!s.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:16 PM
mindscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Scottish people £#%&!ing hate the English.
Total shit

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:19 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I'd rather watch Madrid and Barcelona play United twice a season but it won't happen, because like Scotland, Spain is a foreign country under UEFA.

Wrong - plenty of aggravation at the bus stops and in town after Celtic at home.

It was a good excuse maybe but the invasion and behaviour was a scumfest and gave them adequate reason to do what they did. So it was Ranger's fault.
So is Wales a foreign country under UEFA.

It didn't give them a reason - it gave them a cop-out (puntastic). No way is a riot the week before a REASON to not allow a celebration parade from the city's main football team.

We'll agree to differ but at the end of the day if the money men decide they want it - it will happen. That's where football is these days.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindscratch
Total shit
Agree. Abhor and despise hit the spot much better.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
So is Wales a foreign country under UEFA.

It didn't give them a reason - it gave them a cop-out (puntastic). No way is a riot the week before a REASON to not allow a celebration parade from the city's main football team.

We'll agree to differ but at the end of the day if the money men decide they want it - it will happen. That's where football is these days.
No, I refer you to my earlier remark where I'd chuck those £#%&!ers out as well. But at least we do play cricket with them.

The riot was the reason - so we'll all have to live with it. Rangers can £#%&! off which is the sentiment of most Mancunians including the ones who don't follow football.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Sloane

Quote:

tollgate is practically empty before most midweek games especially cl group games

plus i was there and couple of others so you werent

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:28 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
tollgate is practically empty before most midweek games especially cl group games

plus i was there and couple of others so you werent
I know - that's my point - it wouldn't be empty for Premiership - they wouldn't get near the place.

You should have said hello hello.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Pop

I'd rather stick pins in my ears than endure 90 minutes of Celtic V Liverpool

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:51 PM
redman

Would hate to see either of them in the PL, they are utter scum.

Unread 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
n48

What of Aberdeen?

Their game vs Rangers is one of the biggest up there in jocknee land. They've won leagues and stuff in Europe. Why shouldnt they be invited down?

Unread 11-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
What of Aberdeen?

Their game vs Rangers is one of the biggest up there in jocknee land. They've won leagues and stuff in Europe. Why shouldnt they be invited down?
Because no team other than Rangers or Celtic has won the Scottish league for nearly 30 years?

Unread 11-10-2009, 10:53 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Because no team other than Rangers or Celtic has won the Scottish league for nearly 30 years?
Aberdeen have won a European trophy Rangers haven't. Winning the football equivalent of tallest dwarf competition every year is no big thing, pun intended.

Unread 11-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Whalefish

Would I like to see Rangers or Celtic in the English league?

No I £#%&!ing wouldn't.
Closed Thread