United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Bolton - The Official Thread

Doing it a day early this week as i'm off to Bremen tomorrow. I'll go with summat like :-

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Valencia
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Berbatov
Rooney

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:07 AM
wiganste

Default Re: Team v Bolton - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Doing it a day early this week as i'm off to Bremen tomorrow. I'll go with summat like :-

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Valencia
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Berbatov
Rooney
I doubt Valencia will play after playing in Chile last night. Stick Nani in there and that looks about right. O'Shea for Brown?

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Lok

Is Rooney fit? If not, is Owen fit?!?

VDS

De Laet
Vidic
Evans
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Anderson
Giggs

Berbatov
Rooney/Owen/Welbeck (whoever is fit)

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I doubt Valencia will play after playing in Chile last night. Stick Nani in there and that looks about right. O'Shea for Brown?
O' Shea will play, i just prefer Brown. Nani for Valencia would be fine by me, particularly after his goal last night.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Is Rooney fit? If not, is Owen fit?!?

VDS

De Laet
Vidic
Evans
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Anderson
Giggs

Berbatov
Rooney/Owen/Welbeck (whoever is fit)
Not sure i'd make 2 changes to the defence?

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:13 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Aye.

And are both twins fit?If so, either of them at RB to add some attacking impotus.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:14 AM
thankseric

So many factors these days - who played midweek, how far they travelled, who's fit, who'll be rested with 2 big games to come, who looks good in training...

I have no bloody clue.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Aye.

And are both twins fit?If so, either of them at RB to add some attacking impotus.
Dunno about that against Bolton. You know they'd just stick Davies on them all day.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankseric
So many factors these days - who played midweek, how far they travelled, who's fit, who'll be rested with 2 big games to come, who looks good in training...

I have no bloody clue.
Are you Mike Phelan?

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:18 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Dunno about that against Bolton. You know they'd just stick Davies on them all day.
s'pose so.

We should be going at these £#%&!ers at home though.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Lok

Quote:
Not sure i'd make 2 changes to the defence?
Rio has just played 2 games in 5 days, the chances of him starting are slim.

I want to see more of De Laet. If he can't start against Bolton at home, he's never going to get a game.

Bolton will play with one man up front so defence wont be the problem. Midfield will be key and hopefully Scholes will find the clever pass to unlock them.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Rio has just played 2 games in 5 days, the chances of him starting are slim.

I want to see more of De Laet. If he can't start against Bolton at home, he's never going to get a game.

Bolton will play with one man up front so defence wont be the problem. Midfield will be key and hopefully Scholes will find the clever pass to unlock them.
I would go with De Laet ahead of a Da Silva in this game, think he'd handle the physical side a bit better.

Is Evans fit?

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
s'pose so.

We should be going at these £#%&!ers at home though.
Oh i agree, just wouldn't necassarily select a team that helps their few strengths

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Apparantly Obertan may get a game. Well according to a typically quoteless story on tribalfootball.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:51 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankseric

I have no bloody clue.
I personally would rest Giggsy until Liverpool, he's that vital for us.

Give Wazza Saturday and Wednesday off, with his mrs having the baby and not wanting to rush him back. Knowing our £#%&!ing look she'll have it next weekend

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Baron

VDS
O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Fletcher
Giggs

Berbatov
Owen

Suppose we have to take into account the CL game mid-week... in £#%&!ing Russia - and then the Dippers next weekend.

Get right at these @#%&!s & take Giggs & Scholes off after an hour hopefully.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I personally would rest Giggsy until Liverpool, he's that vital for us.

Give Wazza Saturday and Wednesday off, with his mrs having the baby and not wanting to rush him back. Knowing our £#%&!ing look she'll have it next weekend
Too important to win this one too £#%&! about too much, particularly after dropping points against Brum. Can rest a coupla players in midweek but what point is there in saving players for the dippers if we drop points this week? If players are injured obviously they should not play but giggsy can play this wekend and next quite happily.

Unread 15-10-2009, 09:59 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Too important to win this one too £#%&! about too much, particularly after dropping points against Brum. Can rest a coupla players in midweek but what point is there in saving players for the dippers if we drop points this week? If players are injured obviously they should not play but giggsy can play this wekend and next quite happily.
If Rooney injured there is no point in risking him, simple as and tbh we can beat Bolton at home without him.

Giggs i can understand but atm he's that important to us, letting him have two weeks off and allow him to come back might be the turning point for us to win the game.

I'd play:

VDS
O'Shea
Vidic
Evans
Evra
Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Parky
Berba
Owen

Unread 15-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Baron

Quote:
Mid-week, given the travel etc we can probably go without a couple or at least rest them. The Vermin are in a slightly more precarious position in the CL so will have to go hard in their game. I'd certainly play Giggs this weekend after otherwise he's being asked to just play in a high intensity game without getting his form back straight away. Not the biggest challenge he's faced but like any player, being in form you want to play.

Reports on the BBC site are saying that No Forehead @#%&!s groin injury might be worse than expected as well. Fingers crossed.

Unread 15-10-2009, 10:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
If Rooney injured there is no point in risking him, simple as and tbh we can beat Bolton at home without him.

Giggs i can understand but atm he's that important to us, letting him have two weeks off and allow him to come back might be the turning point for us to win the game.

I'd play:

VDS
O'Shea
Vidic
Evans
Evra
Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Parky
Berba
Owen
We said similar things before Brum and dropped 2 points. i agree if he is injured he shouldn't play. I'd give Giggs a game though, then rest him for russia.
Closed Thread