United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
El Calafate

Talking Saha on mend after scare

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....nd_after_scare

LOUIS Saha has been able to train again with United's first team after a knee scare on Saturday forced him out of the FA Cup quarter final with Portsmouth.

The French striker, who has been beset with knee troubles for a number of seasons, was due to be in the Reds starting XI against Pompey according to manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

However, the 29-year-old felt his knee on Saturday morning and Fergie elected to put him on the bench instead.

Then in the pre-match warm up Saha felt a problem again and it was decided not to risk him.

But he has since trained with the squad on Sunday and Monday to reduce fears that more imminent knee surgery was needed to clear up the problem.

nft.

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Ooh, wonder when he'll next "feel his knee". dunno exactly but it'll keep him out of all the games next week.

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....nd_after_scare

LOUIS Saha has been able to train again with United's first team after a knee scare on Saturday forced him out of the FA Cup quarter final with Portsmouth.

The French striker, who has been beset with knee troubles for a number of seasons, was due to be in the Reds starting XI against Pompey according to manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

However, the 29-year-old felt his knee on Saturday morning and Fergie elected to put him on the bench instead.

Then in the pre-match warm up Saha felt a problem again and it was decided not to risk him.

But he has since trained with the squad on Sunday and Monday to reduce fears that more imminent knee surgery was needed to clear up the problem.

nft.
When will the toilet door fall on him?!

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Amish Mash

It did look like rain on Saturday to be fair

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Crumps

Think he's got to the point now where he shits himself with every ache and pain. Must be shit knowing no matter how fit you get yourself that you are never more than a couple of weeks away from your next injury. Suppose the misdiagnosis last year doesn't help either. I'd get and independant medical team if I was him just to be on the safe side.

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Think he's got to the point now where he shits himself with every ache and pain. Must be shit knowing no matter how fit you get yourself that you are never more than a couple of weeks away from your next injury. Suppose the misdiagnosis last year doesn't help either. I'd get and independant medical team if I was him just to be on the safe side.
can't believe you are still defending him crumps.

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
can't believe you are still defending him crumps.
Because I don't take pleasure in slagging off our own players. I find him frustrating as I really rate him as a player and that's about it.

I don't think Fletcher is good enough for United but don't feel the need to constantly harp on about it as to do so would make me look like a complete #@&%!.

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
marlo stansfield

saha is embarassing.

has he stringed together 2 matches in a row this season

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
saha is embarassing.

has he stringed together 2 matches in a row this season
So is your little chi chi man boy toy up at Sunderland.

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
So is you little chi chi man boy toy up at Sunderland.

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Because I don't take pleasure in slagging off our own players. I find him frustrating as I really rate him as a player and that's about it.

I don't think Fletcher is good enough for United but don't feel the need to constantly harp on about it as to do so would make me look like a complete #@&%!.
it's completely different to fletcher, crumps, and it's not about taking pleasure in slagging our own off. i certainly don't.

saha has consistently let us down when we have needed him. the fact that he is such a good player when fit (ha!) only makes it worse, imo.

you've got to have a mental toughness to play for united, and saha has proven consistently that he hasn't got it. conversely, fletcher has shown he has it by his recent form.

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
it's completely different to fletcher, crumps, and it's not about taking pleasure in slagging our own off. i certainly don't.

saha has consistently let us down when we have needed him. the fact that he is such a good player when fit (ha!) only makes it worse, imo.

you've got to have a mental toughness to play for united, and saha has proven consistently that he hasn't got it. conversely, fletcher has shown he has it by his recent form.
Fletcher has performed well (United standard) in 10-15 games at the most in his career at United (120+ games?) and consistantly bottled out challenges whilst running round at half pace. I find that less acceptable than somone is injured.

If a player is injured he's injured and that's it it may be frustrating and I think in Louis' case it's time he moved on probaby back to france where he can do a Bellion whilst he sees out his career.

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
So is your little chi chi man boy toy up at Sunderland.
scored 2 league games despite having a bad season with injuries.

at least he is honest about his season.

Quote:
Kieran Richardson feels that his form has dipped of late as a result of an injury-ravaged season.

The Sunderland winger has shown the Black Cats faithful glimpses of what he is capable of this season, but has unfortunately spent more time on the treatment table than he has in Roy Keane's first team.

It has been a frustrating first season on Wearside for the man who arrived from Manchester United in the summer and he admits that he has found it difficult to adapt to the rigours of top-flight football as a result of the continuous interruptions.

Match fitness

"I've only played nine games all season - it's been stop start," he told the Sunderland Echo.

"That's not good because you need to be at your fittest and sharpest in this league. I'm still looking for my match fitness and the quicker it comes the better.

"I definitely need more games, but the only way forward for me and all of the lads is to get our heads down and work very hard towards our next game."

Tight position

A 1-0 defeat at home to Everton on Sunday has left Sunderland precariously perched just two points above the relegation zone with nine games remaining, a situation which Richardson recognises as being far from ideal.

"Everton were hard to break down," he said.

"The effort was definitely there from us, but Everton are up there challenging for Europe because they are organised and are a tough side.

"We weren't outclassed in the game and neither keeper had a lot to do, but the bottom line is we've lost and we're still in a tight position."

Beatable

Chelsea are the next visitors to the Stadium of Light on Saturday, and Richardson hopes that the Blues will still be suffering a hangover from their shock 1-0 defeat to Barnsley in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

"Barnsley got in Chelsea's faces and scored a great goal," he said.

"Every team in the Premier League is beatable and that's the fantastic thing about this league."

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Crumps

Quote:
scored 2 league games despite having a bad season with injuries.

at least he is honest about his season.
So motuhy midgets with delusions of grandure can have a season affected by injury but not a United player?

Who's been dishonest about their season?

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
So motuhy midgets with delusions of grandure can have a season affected by injury but not a United player?

Who's been dishonest about their season?
where did you get the mouthy from???

he just likes to speak his mind. he feels bad about his season.

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Crumps

Quote:
where did you get the mouthy from???

he just likes to speak his mind. he feels bad about his season.
The fact that he is.

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
The fact that he is.
its an assumption.

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Crumps

Quote:
its an assumption.
Is it £#%&!.

Unread 11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Rorschach

Default If I may observe...

Quote:

To be considered one of 'our own players' then shurely the malingering @#%&! needs to have played at some point within living memory?

Saturday's 'no show' was beyond parody.
Closed Thread