United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2020, 04:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
how does that work if someone is injured?

Unread 04-06-2020, 04:55 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Can't see the clubs buying that. The injured player will end up staying on until the next point.
If theyve used three sub stoppages that's it. Cant make another sub. If they havent, they can sub him.

Cant see any of it going down well with smaller clubs. Sheff Utd are surrounded by us, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. All of them can bring on five £30m players and win a game. Sheffield United will have somebody called Craig on their bench.

Unread 05-06-2020, 08:42 AM
red red robbo

Five subs is a ridiculous change to bring in part way through a season. It means you can change half the outfield team over the course of the second half. It gives a massive advantage to teams with strong squads.

Unread 05-06-2020, 08:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Five subs is a ridiculous change to bring in part way through a season. It means you can change half the outfield team over the course of the second half. It gives a massive advantage to teams with strong squads.
Never thought about it that way but you're dead right.

Unread 05-06-2020, 08:58 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Great point.

Unread 05-06-2020, 09:58 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Never thought about it that way but you're dead right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Great point.
It was in the post above his you thick £#%&!s

Unread 05-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
superb point, well made.

Unread 05-06-2020, 10:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
Basically changed the make-up of the competition. 9 Subs, can use 5.

That could have had a huge effect had it been in place during the first half of the season. How many teams ran out of legs against the dippers early doors, for instance, allowing them to steal a win.

Ludicrous changing something so important at this stage just so the scouse @#%&!s can win the league.

Unread 05-06-2020, 11:06 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Yeah, I was just agreeing with you to be honest but I'll take whatever I can get

Unread 05-06-2020, 11:18 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Great point. yhgr.

Unread 05-06-2020, 11:22 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Your post was a load of waffle. Robbo's post was articulately written and succint. Potential a POTY contender.

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:24 PM
Mr_Ed

Football

Man this is going to be a good few weeks:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ches-announced
Wed June 17: Aston Villa vs Sheff Utd - 6pm, Sky Sports

Wed June 17: Man City vs Arsenal - 8.15pm, Sky Sports

Fri June 19: Norwich vs Southampton - 6pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Fri June 19: Tottenham vs Man Utd - 8.15pm , Sky Sports

Sat June 20: West Ham vs Wolves - 5.30pm, Sky Sports

Sun June 21: Newcastle vs Sheff Utd - 2pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Sun June 21: Aston Villa vs. Chelsea - 4.15pm, Sky Sports

Sun June 21: Everton vs Liverpool - 7pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Mon June 22: Man City vs Burnley - 8pm, Sky Sports

Tue June 23: Leicester vsBrighton - 6pm, Sky Sports

Tue June 23: Tottenham vs West Ham - 8.15pm, Sky Sports

Wed June 24: Man Utd vs Sheff Utd - 6pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Wed June 24: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace - 8.15pm, Sky Sports

Thu June 25: Southampton vs Arsenal - 6pm, Sky Sports

Thu June 25: Burnley vs Watford - 6pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Sun June 28: Watford vs Southampton - 4.30pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Tue June 30: Brighton vs Man Utd, 8.15pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Wed July 1: Everton vs Leicester - 6pm, Sky Sports

Wed July 1: Bournemouth vs Newcastle - 6pm, Sky Sports, Sky Pick

Wed July 1: West Ham vs Chelsea, 8.15pm, Sky Sports

Thu July 2: Sheff Utd vs Tottenham - 6pm, Sky Sports

Thu July 2: Man City vs Liverpool - 8.15pm, Sky Sports

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Was just chatting about this to someone but.... am I the only one who isn't excited for it coming back like this

Those german games have been depressing as £#%&! - obviously no atmosphere and played at even more of a testimonial pace than that league usually manages.

I just couldn't give a £#%&!. Maybe that'll change when we kick off, but I've just got £#%&! all enthusiasm for the horror show at the moment. The pure desperation every time they've come out with a statement about getting it going again has left a pretty unpleasant taste in the mouth.

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Was just chatting about this to someone but.... am I the only one who isn't excited for it coming back like this

Those german games have been depressing as £#%&! - obviously no atmosphere and played at even more of a testimonial pace than that league usually managers.

I just couldn't give a £#%&!. Maybe that'll change when we kick off, but I've just got £#%&! all enthusiasm for the horror show at the moment. The pure desperation every time they've come out with a statement about getting it going again has left a pretty unpleasant taste in the mouth.
Same

Think quite a few people will feel the same tbh.

Like you say that could change when it all starts..

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:41 PM
andyroo

Finding it hard to summon up a £#%&! or two to give

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:46 PM
Fat Al

I have ZERO interest in this.

The last vestiges of what football used to mean to me have been finally leeched dry by the money sucking @#%&!s who now run our game.

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Ethers

I honestly couldn’t give a £#%&!, even about our games

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Patty_b

I'm looking forward to seeing us play football, but I also know that it will just be a letdown after watching the first game because it won't look or feel right.

In terms of the 'competition' and all that stuff, I couldn't give a flying £#%&! to be honest.

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:52 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'm looking forward to seeing us play football, but I also know that it will just be a letdown after watching the first game because it won't look or feel right.

In terms of the 'competition' and all that stuff, I couldn't give a flying £#%&! to be honest.
And it's live!

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Mr_Ed

The mind, like a parachute, works better whilst it is open.
Closed Thread