United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2020, 02:18 PM
dunk

Default Crystal Palace Preamble...

Ole...

Quote:
“I'll give Luke as much time as possible - him and Mason, their ankles are swollen and a bit blown up,” the boss explains. “I'll give them as much recovery time as possible to give them a chance. Brandon should be fine, he has a gash over the eye but if he can see out of it then... we've not trained obviously this morning yet but we'll hopefully have two, maybe all three of them.”

Discussing the challenge on Greenwood and how it could have been worse, Ole continues: “In the heat of the moment he'll play on and adrenaline gets you going, and then you get a little bit of reaction after. I said after the game that my ankles were a bit weak after many years of football. But obviously Mason carried on and I think it should have been looked upon by the referee definitely.”
Romeu is a @#%&!. Can he not be retrospectively banned either?

Unread 15-07-2020, 02:22 PM
Jethro

The only positive aspect to 'Lingz' is that he'd have gone after that %@#$&! headed @#%&! nqat.

Unread 15-07-2020, 02:23 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The only positive aspect to 'Lingz' is that he'd have gone after that %@#$&! headed @#%&! nqat.
Always up for a ruck tbf to the lad.

Unread 15-07-2020, 03:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Romeu is a @#%&!. Can he not be retrospectively banned either?
I thought var had effectively made the review panel redundant. not so, apparently:

Quote:
If video evidence clearly shows that a player has committed a dismissal offence that was not seen at
the time it occurred by the match officials, or reviewed in time by VAR, The FA may take retrospective
disciplinary action.

Retrospective action was originally introduced to address ‘off-the-ball’ incidents of violent conduct or
serious foul play that were committed out of the match officials’ eye line and to put the player in the
same position as if the incident had been seen at the time.

It has since evolved to include acts of violent conduct that happen secondary to a challenge for
the ball where the match officials were concentrating on the challenge for the ball, or if the match
officials’ view of the incident meant that they did not have the opportunity to make a decision on the
specific act of misconduct.

Whilst increased use of VAR may reduce the number of incidents where retrospective disciplinary
action is possible or required because incidents ‘not seen’ by the match officials can be reviewed at
the time, The FA may still initiate proceedings if it believes there may be a case to answer.
however, there is £#%&! all chance of it and it won't give us back three points anyway.

Unread 15-07-2020, 03:34 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I knew Ole was behind Martial putting shifts in.

Mou: 'You want 9 back? Iron my newspaper'.

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:45 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

I bet Romeu would have been terrified...

Like being chased by a 12 year old.

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:52 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

I bet Romeu would have been terrified...

Like being chased by a 12 year old.

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:55 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 15-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Switching Off

Who cares if hes banned? Wont help us. Should've gone on the night. You knew as soon as Neville did his "awooohhh" sound it was a bad one.

Unread 15-07-2020, 07:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Who cares if hes banned? Wont help us. Should've gone on the night. You knew as soon as Neville did his "awooohhh" sound it was a bad one.
We won't get another var decision for a while now. The hysteria after the villa pen has had the desired effect

Unread 15-07-2020, 07:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Unread 15-07-2020, 07:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I just want it acknowledged as a mistake and him to suffer

Unread 15-07-2020, 08:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We won't get another var decision for a while now. The hysteria after the villa pen has had the desired effect
"Thousands of text messages" FFS - hope Villa get relegated just for that piece of total arsery from their manager.

Unread 16-07-2020, 12:27 PM
armchair

Unread 16-07-2020, 12:30 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Unread 16-07-2020, 02:38 PM
est.1878

Really, really, need someone with the best win ratio to take the match thread

Unread 16-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Positive, modest and dignified as ever.

Unread 16-07-2020, 03:06 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Sparky did Spurs then its been Armers all the way.

A chance for redemption or too risky? Tough one.

Unread 16-07-2020, 03:38 PM
razzle

No BT Sport Match Day pass for this one?

Unread 16-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Sparky did Spurs then its been Armers all the way.

A chance for redemption or too risky? Tough one.
I think it's unlikely that the individual starting the match day thread on a relatively intimate football forum will have any meaningful impact on the result of the game.
Closed Thread