Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2019, 03:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
looks like Spurs at the front for Ndombélé

https://www.theguardian.com/football...pen-talks-lyon
Forget your Ndombélé 's, Bruno Fernandes or Adrien Rabiot's we got big Sean Longstaff coming in

Unread 14-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
As I tell my wife on the reg, longstaff incoming.
And as my wife tells me on the reg; get that thing away from me.

Unread 14-06-2019, 04:01 PM
ScarFace

Just because we're signing young uk mongs, doesn't mean we're not getting starters. We're clearly buying these gimps before they sign for Palace n charge us 3x the amount.

Unread 14-06-2019, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
No he never
Yeah you're right, he never gave Fletcher any games at all and we never called him "Fergie's lovechild" in response.

Unread 14-06-2019, 06:45 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah you're right, he never gave Fletcher any games at all and we never called him "Fergie's lovechild" in response.
He never built the midfield around him though did he you £#%&!ing wrong un

Unread 14-06-2019, 06:51 PM
red in cumbria

Save for a literal handful of players, "building around" is a meaningless concept.

Fletcher was a major part of SAF's plans for several seasons. And we *would* have won in Rome had he been available, nqat.

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:00 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Buy them all

Except Dier; £#%&! that.

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:09 PM
AK14

Reckon we’re waiting for De Ligt to make his mind up before pushing through the Maguire deal

Longstaff seems a goer all of a sudden? Long term Matic replacement?

Wan Bissaka will be done soon I expect

Really wanted us to sign a striker and hopefully if Lukaku goes we'll go out and get one.

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:11 PM
MartialLaw

Longstaff just looked an average Pl plodder, not to mention the @#%&! has just snapped his ACL.

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Longstaff just looked an average Pl plodder, not to mention the @#%&! has just snapped his ACL.
No he hasn’t.

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Reckon we’re waiting for De Ligt to make his mind up before pushing through the Maguire deal

Longstaff seems a goer all of a sudden? Long term Matic replacement?

Wan Bissaka will be done soon I expect

Really wanted us to sign a striker and hopefully if Lukaku goes we'll go out and get one.
AWB deffo looks on, still hopeful on de Ligt, we're desperate for another couple of forward options if we manage to get shut of Lukaku, Sanchez and Mata leaves, and the midfield is a state. No idea what Longstaff is like, but if he's done his ACL £#%&! that. Need 3 imo, and that's without selling Poggers

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
AWB deffo looks on, still hopeful on de Ligt, we're desperate for another couple of forward options if we manage to get shut of Lukaku, Sanchez and Mata leaves, and the midfield is a state. No idea what Longstaff is like, but if he's done his ACL £#%&! that. Need 3 imo, and that's without selling Poggers
Longstaff did have a ligament injury but it wasn’t an ACL as far as I’m aware?

Not sure what strikers are out there that we could get for reasonable fees tbh? I saw that we’re linked with Ben Yedder from Seville and Haller of Frankfurt who look completely different types of players?

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Longstaff did have a ligament injury but it wasn’t an ACL as far as I’m aware?

Not sure what strikers are out there that we could get for reasonable fees tbh? I saw that we’re linked with Ben Yedder from Seville and Haller of Frankfurt who look completely different types of players?
Honestly it's difficult to read anything into any of these links, they all look tenuous/agent-y at best.

Hope they've got a few surprises up their sleeves

Not holding my breath like..

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Honestly it's difficult to read anything into any of these links, they all look tenuous/agent-y at best.

Hope they've got a few surprises up their sleeves

Not holding my breath like..
Yep, agree.

Think we’ll only get a couple of more in tbh

Here’s Longstaff YouTube video (yeah I know...)

Looks good imo

Very Carrickesque?

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yep, agree.

Think we’ll only get a couple of more in tbh

Here’s Longstaff YouTube video (yeah I know...)

https://youtu.be/vtWsGVN4joY

Looks good imo

Very Carrickesque?
Deffo looks like he can play a bit and is a big lad; exactly the sort of signing we should be making, but as one of 3 or 4 in that midfield. Realistically we're heading into the season with a wheezing Matic and The Scottish Player and absolutely no idea on the rest, and we were light anyway. It's appalling

We should be dropping £500m this summer to give us a base to build from over the next 2-3 years. Every penny they don't spend will cost them double and triple moving forward imo.

I'd be having Havertz, Fernandes, Ndombele, this lad and probably Partey from Atletico were it up to me. Then I'd start on the forwards..

Unread 14-06-2019, 10:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Deffo looks like he can play a bit and is a big lad; exactly the sort of signing we should be making, but as one of 3 or 4 in that midfield. Realistically we're heading into the season with a wheezing Matic and The Scottish Player and absolutely no idea on the rest, and we were light anyway. It's appalling

We should be dropping £500m this summer to give us a base to build from over the next 2-3 years. Every penny they don't spend will cost them double and triple moving forward imo.

I'd be having Havertz, Fernandes, Ndombele, this lad and probably Partey from Athletico were it up to me. Then I'd start on the forwards..
Agree mate, as you say it’s only going to cost them more in the long run. But they won’t see it like that and all that matters to the owners is we finish in the CL places OR qualifying through the Europa again.

We’re not challenging next season, I’ve got my head around that already tbh. Just hope we play good football with a clear plan of how we want to play and go from there.

As long as we look like we’re progressing we need to stick with Ole for a while and let him try and build a squad in his vision, If that means young British players then so be it. We all know deep down it’s not a quick fix, just hope the owners give him the time he needs.

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Curtis

Can honestly say I’ve never even noticed him before despite watching Newcastle at OT. From that vid he looks much better than most of the doom cannons have been making out. Agree with the Carrick similarities. So much do that I wouldn’t bet against him having noticed him in the first place. At the price seems well worth a punt.

Also, totally agree with you both.

Unread 15-06-2019, 11:30 AM
djsst

He's only played 8 games for Newcastle then was injured in March for the rest of the season.....£25 million

Unread 15-06-2019, 01:08 PM
elhombre

So we’re showing zero ambition in the transfer market?

Totally shocked
Closed Thread