United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 25-03-2023, 07:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Correct. That #@&%! on Sky Sports has more flip flops than the shop on Fistral Beach.

We're the biggest news in town and they have £#%&! all to report so make $#*! up.
Just cheap articles that they can push out to appease their editors.

'Glazer Demands Not Met'.

Safe in the knowledge that they won't be proven wrong imminently as the process is likely to take weeks, if not months. Then they call fall back to the story that following negotiations, a compromise over the fee was met. All whilst having zero idea about what is really going on

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:14 AM
Ethers

Kill me now

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:38 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well, at least if they stay it won't be Qatar. Phew

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:41 AM
erictheking7

If the Glazers are still there at the start of next season, GMP are going to be getting plenty of OT at OT.

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:44 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
So he’s happy to keep on losing £ 3 million a week

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
If the Glazers are still there at the start of next season, GMP are going to be getting plenty of OT at OT.

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Well, at least if they stay it won't be Qatar. Phew
ABQ's

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:59 AM
Jethro

Greedy £#%&!ing bastards. I genuinely wish the worst upon them.

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:04 PM
Halloween

They will sell, this is all tactics to drive up price. Pretty sure you can’t list and then go nah, market manipulation which is illegal otherwise.

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:07 PM
est.1878

Avram has been quiet lately. Would love a huge family infight between all the gimps.

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:16 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
So he’s happy to keep on losing £ 3 million a week
He’ll just start taking his Divi’s again, he’s losing £#%&! all

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
They will sell, this is all tactics to drive up price. Pretty sure you can’t list and then go nah, market manipulation which is illegal otherwise.
Hope so obviously.

But I’m a little worried people are giving them too much credit for being ‘millionaire businessmen’ etc etc.

Their old man (@#%&!) was the brains behind the operation wasn’t he? These counts had the golden goose handed to them and have pretty much £#%&!ed that up, along with their shopping mall empire or so I read on here a little while ago.

They seem thick as shit to me, so wouldn’t be surprised to see them stay even if there’s truth in the club losing them millions.

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Testing the water to see how much they could get in the future? Is that even a thing?

Drag all these high profile business people through weeks of meetings and talks, waste their time, just to get an idea?

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:49 PM
dunk

Imagine you and your siblings were offered the thick end of a billion each to walk away from something and one of them was like ‘nah’

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Takeover tweets have everyone on strings

Unread 26-03-2023, 12:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Takeover tweets have everyone on strings
I’ve given up on it tbh. It’ll come out in the wash*.

*not sportswash

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Imagine you and your siblings were offered the thick end of a billion each to walk away from something and one of them was like ‘nah’
I used to do something similar in Monopoly. Can’t lose if you never let anyone else win.

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Testing the water to see how much they could get in the future? Is that even a thing?

Drag all these high profile business people through weeks of meetings and talks, waste their time, just to get an idea?
It’s nonsense

This whole process is costing them millions
They’re not doing that to see what they might get

What they could get now has no bearing on what they could get 5 years from now
In fact if they £#%&! around powerful people bidding 5 billion for something not worth anywhere near that then they might not have any bidders of that level when they actually want to sell in the future

They’re not going to go through all this and then say nah I don’t fancy several billion

Unread 26-03-2023, 01:21 PM
Ethers

Why are you saying they?

The report is just Avram is thinking that way. It doesn’t mean they all went into the process with the same intentions. In fact, it means precisely the opposite.

Unread 26-03-2023, 01:35 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
He’ll just start taking his Divi’s again, he’s losing £#%&! all
If the the business isn’t operating in a solvent manner there’s only so much they can take out before creditors step with actions and they risk loosing the lot as well as reputation? Would spark creditors on their Malls getting edgy too.

They’ve rung it dry under this model. They’ve no option now other than to take a hatchet to the business and lose ETH and go mid table.