Ole IN - let's get on with the rebuild. 92 81.42%
Ole OUT - I've wet my shorts and want Big Sam. 21 18.58%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Can you define rebuild then? Is it only when we stop the clock and a whole team plus the club 'culture' is replaced? Surely any and all rebuilds are done over time and will likely include some players staying whilst others are replaced (evolved if you like)...
A rebuild is when there’s long standing fundamental issues with the squad that need addressing. Fergie didn’t have those fundamental issues other than with the first team he built. He may have said he built 3 teams in 10 years, but the latter two were evolutions from the previous which had more than solid foundations, not complete rebuilds addressing fundamental issues. If a manager needs to do a complete rebuild more than once, he’s failed at his job by letting fundamental issues develop on his watch.

Unread 08-10-2019, 04:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
A rebuild is when there’s long standing fundamental issues that need addressing. Fergie didn’t have those fundamental issues other than with the first team he built. He may have said he built 3 teams in 10 years, but the latter two were evolutions from the previous which had more than solid foundations, not complete rebuilds addressing fundamental issues. If a manager needs to do a complete rebuild more than once, he’s failed at his job by letting fundamental issues develop on his watch.
I may get a big whoosh here but are you Throb?

Unread 08-10-2019, 04:19 PM
waynes ear's

some proper cranks voting out.

Unread 08-10-2019, 04:34 PM
AK14

Don’t think I’ve ever known a club to completely gut a squad and not get replacements in to do a rebuild tbh. Teams usually replace players over time so you’re not left short in quality/bodies.

The way we’ve done it is there any wonder we find ourselves struggling to score let alone win games, while relying on kids and sub substandard players.

It’s looking more and more like this ‘rebuild’ was a glazer cost cutting exercise tbh. Even if this was a real attempt at a rebuild then relying on Woodward and an inexperienced manager at this level was always going to potentially be a failure.

My money is on the board have screwed Ole over though and left him with a job that even SaF would struggle with and are now shifting the bed.

Unread 08-10-2019, 04:40 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I may get a big whoosh here but are you Throb?

It's gonna be.

Unread 08-10-2019, 05:56 PM
red in cumbria

Started posting when Throb was still here IIRC, so that alone is reason to be sceptical.

Unread 08-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Whiteside onside

Fergie would get the current bunch of shitehouses up the league no problem.

Unread 08-10-2019, 06:37 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Don’t think I’ve ever known a club to completely gut a squad and not get replacements in to do a rebuild tbh. Teams usually replace players over time so you’re not left short in quality/bodies.

The way we’ve done it is there any wonder we find ourselves struggling to score let alone win games, while relying on kids and sub substandard players.

It’s looking more and more like this ‘rebuild’ was a glazer cost cutting exercise tbh. Even if this was a real attempt at a rebuild then relying on Woodward and an inexperienced manager at this level was always going to potentially be a failure.

My money is on the board have screwed Ole over though and left him with a job that even SaF would struggle with and are now shifting the bed.
Most people on here was happy with the state of the squad when the season started because most people bizarrely thought Martial was going to make some kind of impression. Same people were happy with what Ole was trying to do in terms of get rid of the “shit” and give the youngsters more opportunities. The same people are now blaming the board.

Unread 08-10-2019, 06:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Most people on here was happy with the state of the squad when the season started because most people bizarrely thought Martial was going to make some kind of impression. Same people were happy with what Ole was trying to do in terms of get rid of the “shit” and give the youngsters more opportunities. The same people are now blaming the board.
Yep...

That would be me tbf.

Although I’ve been blaming the board for a while now, so..

Unread 08-10-2019, 06:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Yep...

That would be me tbf.

Although I’ve been blaming the board for a while now, so..
I’ve been blaming the board for 14 years, I just don’t conveniently forget them when I’m try to be an amazing United fan. My point wasn’t aimed at you btw, it was a generalization of the extremities on here/in our general support.

Unread 08-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Would love to see these footy journo lads in front of a public enquiry.

Unread 08-10-2019, 07:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 08-10-2019, 07:14 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

If we lose against Liverpool and Norwich he has to go. We could be in the relegation zone ffs. That's not a rebuild - that's a cluster £#%&!.

Unread 08-10-2019, 07:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
If we’d parted company with Van Gaal properly instead of the way we did maybe he’d have been up for a short term gig until the summer...

Unread 08-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
If we’d parted company with Van Gaal properly instead of the way we did maybe he’d have been up for a short term gig until the summer...
Don’t pal. Just don’t

Unread 08-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Well they must have been sniffing aerosol cans then. Whoever looked at our summer business and expected anything other than us being utterly impotent going forward was living in £#%&!ing la la land

Unread 08-10-2019, 08:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Think he'd still take it tbh

Unread 08-10-2019, 08:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Well they must have been sniffing aerosol cans then. Whoever looked at our summer business and expected anything other than us being utterly impotent going forward was living in £#%&!ing la la land
Had to have been stronger than aerosol cans for people to regularly give it "that's the defence sorted"

No idea what people expect a new manager to be able to produce with two inconsistent, youngish strikers, no midfield behind them and Young on fb duty. If Woodward had managed to do his job properly and shipped out more players which in theory would have meant some replacements then we might be in a position where we had something approaching a competent squad.

Unread 08-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Strange shit like that happens all the time in big business.

And this is big business...

Unread 08-10-2019, 08:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Don’t pal. Just don’t

Quote:
I’d honestly welcome him back with open arms (for 6 months) while the club sort out the structure above him (£#%&! woody off) and let the new DoF find the next manager

Or just get Mou back in, I’m good with both tbh.
Closed Thread