United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-07-2023, 07:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Done dealio. Imminento.

Lovely stuff.
Still not actually done..... still time for us to go back with a lower offer.

Unread 13-07-2023, 07:44 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Still not actually done..... still time for us to go back with a lower offer.
We’ll get there mate.

The podgy wombat faced £#%&!er has gone

Unread 13-07-2023, 07:58 PM
silv

is he any good?

Unread 13-07-2023, 08:17 PM
Denis Irwell

Bit of a flapper at crosses it otherwise, good all round

Unread 13-07-2023, 10:27 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 13-07-2023, 10:31 PM
windy waffles

Weren't we linked with him a few years ago before ETH and before he £#%&!ed off to Inter?

Unread 13-07-2023, 10:42 PM
magic_cantona

Done 👀

Obviously hit translate.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:26 AM
armchair

This does nothing to alleviate the concerns.

https://youtu.be/c4iv4Lyczwc

Top ten saves. Loads of them are him making a meal out of shots straight at him, easy saves, or tackles. He does save a penalty though.

Dave's top ten from this season would be so much better.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:35 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Top ten saves. Loads of them are him making a meal out of shots straight at him, easy saves, or tackles. He does save a penalty though.

Watched a few highlight videos and noticed he seemed to have a habit of not getting the ball out of the danger area when he makes a save. I think that's the biggest worry.

Not arsed about possible £#%&! ups when he plays out from the back. It happens, as long as it's on rare occasions then the advantages will outweigh the odd mistake.

Can't be spilling the balls out 12 yards infront of him each time he makes a save though, that would be disastrous.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:50 AM
atticusgrinch

They said it couldn't be done. They said you couldn't have an African in goal as they couldn't maintain concentration.

They said a brother could never be Man United number 1.

They were wrong.

Welcome Dre. Welcome.

Unread 14-07-2023, 09:56 AM
jem

Quote:

not just top saves, but if you look at all the goals he's let in, you will just think "de gea would have saved that" with every shot.

obvs, watching dave's departure highlight reels (mostly front-ended, tbf), it's just a series of out-of-this-world saves that onana will never reproduce, but a lot of the goals he's let him have been a bit pathetic.

I'm not writing clownana off, but I am concerned. distribution is a nice-to-have. stopping shots is essential. stopping shots he has no right to save is important for a united keeper.

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:00 AM
Bunker Buster

You can't judge onana off of some ABU highlight reels....

I've watched both keepers play 100 ganes and this is a very good signing, with a bit of added spice

He's exactly what we need right now as a keeper ..

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
stopping shots is essential. stopping shots he has no right to save is important for a united keeper.
Van Der Sar (have I written it right? ok phew) wasn’t spectacular in that respect but still a much much better keeper than De Gea was.

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:01 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You can't judge onana off of some ABU highlight reels....

I've watched both keepers play 100 ganes and this is a very good signing, with a bit of added spice

He's exactly what we need right now as a keeper ..
It's his best saves from the official ajax youtube.

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:03 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not just top saves, but if you look at all the goals he's let in, you will just think "de gea would have saved that" with every shot.

Go and look at all goals De Gea has let in over the last couple of years, and plenty of them you’ll also think “De Gea would have saved that”. But he didn’t.

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:03 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Bit of a flapper at crosses it otherwise, good all round

https://twitter.com/JustAFootyFan_/s...33939207254016
At least he might come out to at least have a go at dealing with a cross.

Stuck De Line Gea wouldn't move off it.

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

obvs, watching dave's departure highlight reels (mostly front-ended, tbf), it's just a series of out-of-this-world saves that onana will never reproduce, but a lot of the goals he's let him have been a bit pathetic.

I'm not writing clownana off, but I am concerned. distribution is a nice-to-have. stopping shots is essential. stopping shots he has no right to save is important for a united keeper.
Only if you’re a £#%&!ing halfwit.

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It's his best saves from the official ajax youtube.
Not watched tbf, been getting a little angry with e-reds writing him off early ...

Will have a watch...

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:19 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Looks like we've got a racist here!

Unread 14-07-2023, 10:25 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Go and look at all goals De Gea has let in over the last couple of years, and plenty of them you’ll also think “De Gea would have saved that”. But he didn’t.
Yep. Maybe 5 years ago he would have done, but his head/ability has completely £#%&!ing gone this past couple of years. It's astounding how many £#%&! ups he has done, thank £#%&! EtH has seen the light. I think it will make such a big difference to the side having a competent keeper at the back who isn't rooted to his line and can actually pick a pass. Liverpool from Karius to Alison type difference.