United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:51 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
If this is a result of Ole being out of his depth, then why did an experienced manager like Jose look out of his depth too?

And LVG?

It's not an experience issue. There's a total lack of direction from top to bottom.

I'd fancy a less experienced, nay, a worse manager in a better set up, than the best manager in the world in this one.

Pep is great manager (Sorry Saffers) but he had his city world prepped for him for years.

Stick him in our set up with Woodward making transfer calls for him and imposing player signings based on marketability and he'd struggle too.
Mourinho never looked out of his depth, for some reason only he knows (I suspect it involves pogba) he went into self destruct mode during his last 6 months.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:52 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
made 2 good saves one from Smalling and one from Sterling - #@&%! up for Sane goal but he's getting shots coming in that should be blocked.
True but he's had that for the last five years and carried us through seasons with his saves. Looks like the footballing gods have decided to reverse it and every other shot beats him. Probably just bad form and he'll be bang at it again when Madrid buy him.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
made 2 good saves one from Smalling and one from Sterling - #@&%! up for Sane goal but he's getting shots coming in that should be blocked.
He was at fault for both goals tonight was at fault for two maybe three on Sunday was at fault at Arsenal was at fault at Wolves ......but yeah he's worth 300 k a week

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Where has his commitment to youth and attacking football gone?

Why is Young playing every game and captaining the team?

With our set up today the advantage was always City's as we invited them onto us.

If he's saying it's not a case of replacing half the team then he has to show some tactical nous, which, outside of a first half away against Spurs, he hasn't done.

Fergie brought in Quieroz to make us more sophisticated, Ole has brought in Mike Phelan. That is Moyes level decision making.

His substitutions have also been consistently bizarre.

Great job to get us contesting for top 4 with a team that is not his, but there are some red flags with his decision making which need to be rectified in the summer - come the start of next season if we are still seeing Young, Smalling, Lukaku, Matic, Lingard starting games for us then we have appointed another dud.
I think he knows we're shit.

The remit was initially to get the feel good factor back. We had nothing to play for. Nothing to lose. He could ride the wave of the confidence boost... now, the players are run into the ground, the confidence has gone and we're scrambling for results as we chase something tangible in top four.

He's not without errors and poor selections, ofcourse, But at this stage we really don't know who he likes and we haven't got a team anywhere near his image.

The fitness factor has been well documented and I don't think you can underestimate just how £#%&!ed this team is physically and in terms of long term confidence.

He hasn't had more than a week a time to work with them. It's been a whirlwind since he got here as we've played in three competitions.

In short, it's just far too early to judge him.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yep. Something is rotten in the state of Man United.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:55 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.

He’s aged like 10 years in the last 6 weeks too...

I thought that too. Moyes developed that haunted look where he'd rather be anywhere else. Managing United is an incredibly lonely job if you aren't winning...

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Mourinho never looked out of his depth, for some reason only he knows (I suspect it involves pogba) he went into self destruct mode during his last 6 months.
Depends how you determine out of one's depth. I'd say failing on all fronts to the point where you're sacked is being pretty out of your depth.

Jose was meant to be the dead cert. The opposite of the inexperienced type like Ole. And he couldn't do it either.

redhegemony

Quote:
I think it's possible he could still leave in the summer as originally planned.

Anybody thinking with their head and not the heart can see he's £#%&!ing miles out of his depth tactically.
I'd say the opposite he's surprised me at the ability to set the team up in different ways.

Look at the mess we were in when he took over - those 3 ECL home ties

atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
He was at fault for both goals tonight was at fault for two maybe three on Sunday was at fault at Arsenal was at fault at Wolves ......but yeah he's worth 300 k a week
It was a great save from Smalling though. But he can't keep them all out.

Sooner or later Smalling will squeeze one in again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
I thought that too. Moyes developed that haunted look where he'd rather be anywhere else. Managing United is an incredibly lonely job if you aren't winning...
That's just his face isn't it?

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Depends how you determine out of one's depth. I'd say failing on all fronts to the point where you're sacked is being pretty out of your depth.
Mourinho blamed everyone but himself. It was never his fault. Ole at least is fronting up and owning the situation...and vows to change it. Far more easier to root for Ole than the virus.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Disagree.

His man management skills were so outdated and he was way out of his depth when it came to that part of the job. Was a massive reason why he failed here.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:00 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Not saying he's worth that no footballer is but he's been amazing and is having a bit of a dip.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:00 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
I'd say the opposite he's surprised me at the ability to set the team up in different ways.

Playing young at centre back twice in a week?

Bailly at right back vs psg?

Lindelof at right back against anybody?

We were a mess when he come in, we're in a much bigger one now.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:01 PM
dunk

Quote:

Exactly. He’s not got much wrong tactically, the issue has been the players ability to carry out his instructions. The high press and stretching of the pitch that was evident in his early games, giving space to Pogba and creating gaps for the forwards to attack has been missing since Liverpool, because the players are £#%&!ed and can’t do it. The players know it and confidence goes, they don’t want to do anything quickly or risky because they can’t recover and it spirals from there.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Being told which players he could have by a bald accountant can't have helped.

Especially when the accountant then went public to undermine him.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:03 PM
armchair

the only thing i'm worried about is if we qualify for the europa.

A season out of the cl would mean we'd have to sign up and coming players instead of wasting money on big names.

We should heavily raid norway.

dunk

Quote:

All of those were reactions to what the midfield and forwards couldn’t do or injuries. The midfield can’t cover the ground and runners so he has to pick more defenders and so on and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
the only thing i'm worried about is if we qualify for the europa.

A season out of the cl would mean we'd have to sign up and coming players instead of wasting money on big names.

We should heavily raid norway.
We’ve already qualified for the Europa.

redhegemony

Quote:

You've got a short memory - Plan A under Mourinho was launch it at Lukaku -Plan B under Mourinho was launch it at Fellani.

He's played Young as we're not blessed with much else aside from a young lad who's learning how to defend.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:05 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
You've got a short memory - Plan A under Mourinho was launch it at Lukaku -Plan B under Mourinho was launch it at Fellani.

He's played Young as we're not blessed with much else aside from a young lad who's learning how to defend.
We spent most of tonight launching it to nobody.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:07 PM
naes_sean

I can see why your username is sparky. Moaning, negative @#%&!
Closed Thread