United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:42 PM
windy waffles

Thumbs down Sky Sports News

Just turned on Sky Sports News for the first time in months and they have something called Transfer Centre with a load of Goldbridge types talking about signings?

The £#%&! is this shit? Have they ran out of money to pay professionals?

Dear me.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Just turned on Sky Sports News for the first time in months and they have something called Transfer Centre with a load of Goldbridge types talking about signings?

The £#%&! is this shit? Have they ran out of money to pay professionals?

Dear me.

Has the fat goth stolen your login ?

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:44 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
secretly? no

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Chorlton74

nothing to worry about. they have a netball channel as well now.

forza iptv.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Haven't watched ssn since the 2000s but this shite has been popping up on my YouTube feed so gave a quick look while squeezing out a log (as I am now)

It's a sweet gig for these lads. Paid to read out shite they find on Twitter. But I'm amazed it has an audience.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:46 PM
windy waffles

All spend the time looking at their laptops.

Can see Brent on there within 6 months, nqat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Woah, too far.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:47 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Haven't watched ssn since the 2000s but this shite has been popping up on my YouTube feed so gave a quick look while squeezing out a log (as I am now)

It's a sweet gig for these lads. Paid to read out shite they find on Twitter. But I'm amazed it has an audience.
I don't think it does. Most people just bang SSN on in the background surely. Obviously during the season it's handy for scores, assuming anyone watching it now would be checking for transfer updates and the like. Don't think I've ever met anyone who would sit down and get really into SSN.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Ethers

Not watched it for years. Surprised it’s still going tbh.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Woah, too far.
They're checking how much SkyBet manipulate the odds on transfers after all the shit they talk.

Probably how they pay the @#%&!s.

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Brucie

Quote:

Woah, too far.
He has been on there. A few times

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:19 PM
MartialLaw

With them severely overpaying for football the rest of the operation has gone to shit, not that it was up to much anyway.

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
I don't think it does. Most people just bang SSN on in the background surely. Obviously during the season it's handy for scores, assuming anyone watching it now would be checking for transfer updates and the like. Don't think I've ever met anyone who would sit down and get really into SSN.
I did do that once, it was the day after the Moscow final. I was nursing one of my top five career hangovers and couldn't get off my couch, the endless loop of vox popped crestfallen #@&%!ernees at Heathrow saying nothing but "gutted" was medicinal.

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Buck

How draining it must get having to pretend to give a shit about Stoke's hunt for a new forward. I've always thought working in football media must kill a fair chunk of your passion for the sport.

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Cream

I saw a clip on youtube and the presenter's opening gambit was to question why they were still on air.

Fair play

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:58 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

That's MR Goldbridge, to you.

Unread 12-07-2019, 03:28 PM
TheFatGoth

Sky will be dead with 10 years yhihf

Unread 12-07-2019, 03:34 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
With them severely overpaying for football the rest of the operation has gone to shit, not that it was up to much anyway.
Yep binning off Spanish football so they can show us games like Cardiff vs Burnley was a stroke of genius.

Unread 12-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Switching Off

Absolutely awful channel. Has been for years. For cretins.

Unread 12-07-2019, 04:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

YouTube rules the young world. Kids are more familiar with YouTube fans these days than pundits. I'm alright with it tbh, especially as this culture results in the big media corporations struggling to come to terms with their competition being strange blokes in their cars/living rooms. The average person is using social media to take a slice of the pie. Even if they're dopes, I like it.

Unread 12-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Redrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
How draining it must get having to pretend to give a shit about Stoke's hunt for a new forward. I've always thought working in football media must kill a fair chunk of your passion for the sport.
You underestimate some peoples passion for just talking.

Talking.

Talking.
Closed Thread