United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 62 53.91%
Sack 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 21-04-2024, 08:34 PM
croady26

Would have been interesting to see if the sack votes gained a few more had we lost

Unread 21-04-2024, 08:36 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
No longer think we should sack him, I'm more amenable to perhaps firing him out of a canon into the Irwell

Unread 21-04-2024, 08:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Would have been interesting to see if the sack votes gained a few more had we lost
We didn't and the 54%'rs march on to the cup final....

Least the Coventry fans on here won't have to change their flags for the final...

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:11 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
We didn't and the 54%'rs march on to the cup final....

Least the Coventry fans on here won't have to change their flags for the final...
Feel so much guilt about being in final,mind you City will soon knock that of us again

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Feel so much guilt about being in final
Hope it eases in the following days pal...

()

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:51 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Feel so much guilt about being in final,mind you City will soon knock that of us again
£#%&!ing guilt ?? Grow up you quilt

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:53 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Hope it eases in the following days pal...

()
thoughts with Croady at this difficult time

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:57 PM
Neo

Marlo when Ten Hag successfully takes United into yet another Wembley cup final:

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:27 AM
marlo

if eth was managing Madrid, Bayern , Barcelona etc
Would he still be in the job tomorrow morning?

We have sunk to a new low. A team 6th in the championship looked like the only team trying to win the fa cup semi final at Wembley.
In the 2nd half of the game they had more possession, and double the amount of shots as us. We managed 1 on target.

This is like a social experiment, how far can he take it….

He is now even synonymous with failure.
Do any of you actually envision him in a title race in a few seasons time at United, closing out a must win game, etc?
He can’t even get us to a competent level despite the same problems occurring….
Or are we missing Martinez against Coventry now?

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:35 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
if eth was managing Madrid, Bayern , Barcelona etc
Would he still be in the job tomorrow morning?

We have sunk to a new low. A team 6th in the championship looked like the only team trying to win the fa cup semi final at Wembley.
In the 2nd half of the game they had more possession, and double the amount of shots as us. We managed 1 on target.

This is like a social experiment, how far can he take it….

He is now even synonymous with failure.
Do any of you actually envision him in a title race in a few seasons time at United, closing out a must win game, etc?
He can’t even get us to a competent level despite the same problems occurring….
Or are we missing Martinez against Coventry now?
Nope would be long gone if he managed any of them because their fanbase was very demanding

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:39 AM
Dacter

He’s a manager who appear to have no ability to control, or respond to, what’s happening on the pitch.

Injuries or not, that’s not good enough.

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:09 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
£#%&!ing guilt ?? Grow up you quilt
So you felt no embarrassment at being literally a toenail away from losing an FA Cup Semi when 3-0

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:14 AM
elhombre

3 nil up against Coventry city

And we end up winning on penalties

Words fail me

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:25 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post

Words fail me
This.

The Comical Ali’s defending him on here….he could literally run on the pitch, murder Onana and score in our net and the Lord Haw Haws will done defending him saying he needs more time.

I don’t care what structural support was missing - he’s damaged goods now. The coneheaded fraud needs binning alongside the rest of the frauds.

That was absolutely shite yesterday.

Great we can still beat City but as a performance …. sheesh….

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
This.

The Comical Ali’s defending him on here….he could literally run on the pitch, murder Onana and score in our net and the Lord Haw Haws will done defending him saying he needs more time.

I don’t care what structural support was missing - he’s damaged goods now. The coneheaded fraud needs binning alongside the rest of the frauds.

That was absolutely shite yesterday.

Great we can still beat City but as a performance …. sheesh….
I’d give him another year.

Unread 22-04-2024, 07:14 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
I’d give him another year.

Yeah, probably not the best example

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:07 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post

Words fail me
The weirdest thing was that it got to 70 minutes and Coventry had barely had a shot. They were no threat whatsoever, weren't putting us under pressure and we looked comforftable and in control. Absolutely cruising. Then they score one out of nowhere and we collectively £#%&!ing shit our pants.

Manager or no manager, why are the players so mentally fragile out on the pitch? Did the 7-0 break their confidence? That's three games recently we've conceded silly late penalties. The reaction to Coventry's first goal should have been to keep calm, remember we're 3-1 up against a lower division side and see the game through.

I thought Dalot in the build-up to their equaliser was very telling - he goes charging out of position with no chance of winning the ball, misses, and the winger is then in tons of space to put the cross in. It's as if he panicked at the thought of the ball getting near our box. Which you would if you didn't trust your fellow defenders or the keeper to deal with it. Whether it's injuries, the manager, their own deficiences or a combination of all three, they obviously don't trust each other and that runs right through the team.

Same up front - Rashford looks determined to pretend Hojlund doesn't exist and Hojlund himself looks devoid of confidence. That chance when all he had to do was turn and shoot

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:40 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
The weirdest thing was that it got to 70 minutes and Coventry had barely had a shot. They were no threat whatsoever, weren't putting us under pressure and we looked comforftable and in control. Absolutely cruising. Then they score one out of nowhere and we collectively £#%&!ing shit our pants.

Manager or no manager, why are the players so mentally fragile out on the pitch? Did the 7-0 break their confidence? That's three games recently we've conceded silly late penalties. The reaction to Coventry's first goal should have been to keep calm, remember we're 3-1 up against a lower division side and see the game through.

I thought Dalot in the build-up to their equaliser was very telling - he goes charging out of position with no chance of winning the ball, misses, and the winger is then in tons of space to put the cross in. It's as if he panicked at the thought of the ball getting near our box. Which you would if you didn't trust your fellow defenders or the keeper to deal with it. Whether it's injuries, the manager, their own deficiences or a combination of all three, they obviously don't trust each other and that runs right through the team.

Same up front - Rashford looks determined to pretend Hojlund doesn't exist and Hojlund himself looks devoid of confidence. That chance when all he had to do was turn and shoot
There's absolutely zero organisation in the team. As soon as an opposition throws some caution to the wind we fall completely apart into a shambolic mess. It took Coventry 70 minutes to realise that, but as soon as they did they were all over us.

The players need to take some of the blame. There should be enough experience in the squad to see off any pressure from a 8th place Championship team, but a lot of the blame has to be with the manager. He sets up the team, he's in the position to influence the squad and the way we play. He should be the one that has a plan B, C, D etc etc in his back pocket to at very least help his players manage a game of football. But there doesn't seem to be anything.

I don't want the techno Viking on the sideline throwing shapes for the cameras over the course of 90 minutes every game, but some proactive management other than subbing off your best young players every game would be a welcome relief.

Some sort of cohesive gameplan from kick off would be a plus at this point tbf.

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:22 AM
Taibi

Twenty past nine and he’s still got a job? Jesus.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:12 AM
jem

Quote:
I thought Dalot in the build-up to their equaliser was very telling - he goes charging out of position with no chance of winning the ball, misses, and the winger is then in tons of space to put the cross in.
tactics. all season.

Quote:
Rashford looks determined to pretend Hojlund doesn't exist
selections. all season.