United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Denis Irwell

Nominally.

But really, is Tone a winger or a wide MF? Depend who he's got behind him. Maybe with Rafael he can go forward more but with Smalling you'd think he'd have to supply a bit of extra cover. Loads of different instances where they have to perform dual roles, hence "nominally". But yeah, obviously has to be a starting point.

Btw, I usually just make a list and don't do formations but couldn't be arsed. I just copied and pasted beller's team and changed two.

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:41 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Nominally.

But really, is Tone a winger or a wide MF? Depend who he's got behind him. Maybe with Rafael he can go forward more but with Smalling you'd think he'd have to supply a bit of extra cover. Loads of different instances where they have to perform dual roles, hence "nominally". But yeah, obviously has to be a starting point.
Glad we got there in the end.

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Glad we got there in the end.
was there in the first place

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
dragflick

Quote:
What, the bit where you said Moyes wouldn't discuss the formation before the game?

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:54 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Doubt if Moysie goes out and says "right lads, it's a 442 today" other than in nominal terms. It's only mongs trying to sound knowledgable that take it literally. Players would be detailed individually to such a degree that formations can't really be any other than nominal. Unless you're talking Sam Allardyce or that cretin that used to manage Stoke.

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
The Weeknd

De Gea
Rafael Jones Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Cleverley Januzaj
van Persie Rooney

Hit em on the counter

Unread 06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Bernard1

Dave
Valencia Vidic Evans Evra

Carrick Felliani Cleverley

Rooney Januzai

RVP

Or maybe he will play 'wingers' and took those £#%&!ers in good styley.

Unread 06-11-2013, 02:11 PM
barca99

This place if arsenal win and ozil scores the winner

Unread 06-11-2013, 02:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Nominally.

Btw, I usually just make a list and don't do formations but couldn't be arsed. I just copied and pasted beller's team and changed two.
Quote:
it's the way you tell them

Unread 06-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weeknd
De Gea
Rafael Jones Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Cleverley Januzaj
van Persie Rooney

Hit em on the counter
You need a semblance of pace to do that.

Hit 'em where it hurts more like, it's £#%&!in Arsenal the gaggle of benders:

---------------De Gea------------------

Rafael----Vidic-------Jones-------Evra

--------Carrick----Fellaini-------------

Valencia-----------------------Big Adnan

----------Rooney-----------------------

--------------------van Persie-----------

Kick the £#%&! out of them & for £#%&!s sake Evra, do not get caught out of position repeatedly, a lad by the name of Mesut Ozil will cause havoc in that area.

Unread 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Doubt if Moysie goes out and says "right lads, it's a 442 today" other than in nominal terms. It's only mongs trying to sound knowledgable that take it literally. Players would be detailed individually to such a degree that formations can't really be any other than nominal. Unless you're talking Sam Allardyce or that cretin that used to manage Stoke.
I bet he justs pins up a sheet with a 4-4-2 formation and then looks at the floor.

"the referee made decisions all night.... I thought the referee made decisions and that was the referee's choice." yes..... um.... thank you, david.

I think you can tell that, say, carrick, cleverley and felaini are central midfielders and van persie is a centre forward, whilst young, valencia and januzaj are wingers. then it screams 4-4-2.

it shouldn't. but it does.

Unread 06-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

this team can kill us on the counter, so don't over-commit

we will try and suck their full-backs as high and wide as possible and get their centre backs on the turn.

i'm thinking rooney off the left and januzaj in the hole.

if gibbs won't come then valencia needs to play right up against him on the other side. could be another far stick goal for him.

got a feeling RvP will get a chance to make amends from the spot as well

Unread 06-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Neo

Football

De Gea

Rafael -- Vidic -- Jones -- Evra

Carrick -- Cleverley

Januzaj --- Rooney --- Welbeck

Van Persie

Very tough to decide between Kaggy Waggy and Welbz, but I'd go for Welbz because he will be able to drop in and squeeze this much-vaunted and ridiculously overrated Arsenal midfield.

We're at home, so we need to attack, and I'd like us to use width. Januzaj should be the outlet for us on the right flank, so Carrick will have to be on his game to plug the space in behind Rafael when the right-back advances.

I've got a feeling Moyes will pick Valencia. Wouldn't mind him at right-back, but I'd rather have Jannerz on the right wing. The kid has the ability and form to do real damage against the crybabies in the same vein that Ronnie regularly used to.

Unread 06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
kid napper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
De Gea

Rafael Jones Evans Evra

Carrick Cleverley

Valencia Rooney Januzaj

van Persie.
This.

Unread 06-11-2013, 04:24 PM
saffers

If west brom can win, then so can arsenal.

If we play our best team and are motivated, we'll win.

if we pick the usual £#%&!wits(valencia giggs evans young cleverley welbeck) then we will deserve everything we get.

This is a must win game.

Unread 06-11-2013, 05:06 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Whatever happens , there is no team in the premier league which is terrified of coming to old Trafford anymore.

Unread 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Whatever happens , there is no team in the premier league which is terrified of coming to old Trafford anymore.
no other team.

Unread 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM
foreveradevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio View Post
De Gea

Rafael Jones Evans Evra

Carrick Cleverley

Valencia Rooney Januzaj

van Persie.

Quote:
This.
Vidic is still, by far, United's best center half.

Unread 06-11-2013, 06:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveradevil
Vidic is still, by far, United's best center half.
only because he can't play right back.

Unread 06-11-2013, 07:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
apart from Manchester United.
Closed Thread