United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But who cares as long as those lucrative sponsorship deals carry on rolling in, eh??
One day they won't. And, as Liverpool are finding, get back on top isn't as simple as just wanting to be and talking about being back on top.

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:32 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Nani is out of the side because far more often than not when he has been in it he's been £#%&!. He's had two periods in his entire OT career that he's even looked like holding down a place.

Why reward him with a new contract then? Still a better option than Young.

Anderson even moreso has been £#%&! and even less successful at holding down a place

Why is he here then?

Januzaj obviously wasn't going to be hung out to dry at City or Anfield

Still a better option than Young.

And Kagawa was not a first pick under Fergie (ridiculous as that is) and has not had chance to really get a rhythm under Moyes.

if over the next 5 league games and 3 CL ties Kagawa isn't much more involved, Januzaj hasn't been given a go, Zaha is still untried and the other two wasters (Anderson and Nani) have flopped again then that's when we have got real problems

Unless despite that we win all 5 and top the CL group as well of course.
Not a dig, any of it.

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Nani is out of the side because far more often than not when he has been in it he's been £#%&!. He's had two periods in his entire OT career that he's even looked like holding down a place.

Anderson even moreso has been £#%&! and even less successful at holding down a place

Januzaj obviously wasn't going to be hung out to dry at City or Anfield

And Kagawa was not a first pick under Fergie (ridiculous as that is) and has not had chance to really get a rhythm under Moyes.

if over the next 5 league games and 3 CL ties Kagawa isn't much more involved, Januzaj hasn't been given a go, Zaha is still untried and the other two wasters (Anderson and Nani) have flopped again then that's when we have got real problems

Unless despite that we win all 5 and top the CL group as well of course.
Some sense at last...

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Nani is out of the side because far more often than not when he has been in it he's been £#%&!.
Then why in the name of all £#%&! are Young and Valencia in it?

That doesn't work.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Sparky***

The main thing United lacked yesterday was the required standard of players to go toe to toe with City.

Get used to it because they'll deal out plenty more £#%&!ing wallopings like this in the future unless our owners, chief executive and manager all get together and decide to stop shopping in the bargain aisle and add some proper £#%&!ing players befitting the stature of our club.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Not a dig, any of it.
why would I take it as a dig

I said Januzaj wasn't ever going to be hung out to dry at Anfield or City and you responded by saying he was still a better option than Young. As if that was the point.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Then why in the name of all £#%&! are Young and Valencia in it?

That doesn't work.
because they don't cry on the pitch

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:41 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The main thing United lacked yesterday was the required standard of players to go toe to toe with City.

Get used to it because they'll deal out plenty more £#%&!ing wallopings like this in the future unless our owners, chief executive and manager all get together and decide to stop shopping in the bargain aisle and add some proper £#%&!ing players befitting the stature of our club.
this.

i still remember that time in 2010 when i stated city would shift up the gears and really dish out some slappings...

"nah, it won't happen..." "it's city..." etc. "who are they going to beat with the likes of dzeko? "

they got a foot-hold and spent big time...

and it's happened - city are moving ahead.

football fans are the most illogical and irrational people i've ever come across.... we've been £#%&!ing leathered by this lot home and away... SIX £#%&!ing ONE at home and now this latest result.... yet we'll still look for some solace and say it's all alright... we can't help the spot we're in financially and managerially, but this isn't a freak result, it's happened before and unless something changes, it'll happen again....

it's just how do you compete with city? really?

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I remember you started out with this shit last season as well

Then as it wore on and we left them behind you calmed it down

Then towards the end you stepped it up again even though we were about to win the league with weeks to spare

Let's hope you prove as clueless this time around

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
this.

i still remember that time in 2010 when i stated city would shift up the gears and really dish out some slappings...

"nah, it won't happen..." "it's city..." etc. "who are they going to beat with the likes of dzeko? "

they got a foot-hold and spent big time...

and it's happened - city are moving ahead.

football fans are the most illogical and irrational people i've ever come across.... we've been £#%&!ing leathered by this lot home and away... SIX £#%&!ing ONE at home and now this latest result.... yet we'll still look for some solace and say it's all alright... we can't help the spot we're in financially and managerially, but this isn't a freak result, it's happened before and unless something changes, it'll happen again....

it's just how do you compete with city? really?
it's not alright to concede 3 £#%&!ing goals in the space of 5 minutes either side of half-time

but since Owen's goal the re's been 13 derbies. 1 was a draw and there's been six wins each

it's not what we became used to in the 90s, but they've matched us head to head for a decade.

similar thing with Liverpool, but whereas we beat them regularly and rarely lost when they dominated, they have not been able to do the same while we dominated - we beat them plenty. nothing lasts forever, and history tells us that the overall records against biggest rivals are all pretty close.

i'm banking on you not being able to disprove that btw

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:51 PM
armchair

They had their early season fixture list culminating with us. We had lots of big games. In hindsight I'm sure Moyes wouldn't have been so conservative in his team selections but it's understandable why he did it. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
They had their early season fixture list culminating with us. We had lots of big games. In hindsight I'm sure Moyes wouldn't have been so conservative in his team selections but it's understandable why he did it. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson.
i agree with this way of looking at it

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:54 PM
elhombre

Quote:
it's not alright to concede 3 £#%&!ing goals in the space of 5 minutes either side of half-time

but since Owen's goal the re's been 13 derbies. 1 was a draw and there's been six wins each

it's not what we became used to in the 90s, but they've matched us head to head for a decade.

similar thing with Liverpool, but whereas we beat them regularly and rarely lost when they dominated, they have not been able to do the same while we dominated - we beat them plenty. nothing lasts forever, and history tells us that the overall records against biggest rivals are all pretty close.

i'm banking on you not being able to disprove that btw
at what point has there been such a disparity in terms of finances?

when have united been hamstrung by debt and city able to spend scandalous amounts of money?

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
One day they won't. And, as Liverpool are finding, get back on top isn't as simple as just wanting to be and talking about being back on top.
Yep. We know that, but do they know or care?

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:

when have united been hamstrung by debt and city able to spend scandalous amounts of money?
Look at the shocking prices we paid for some of those wastes of space out there yesterday. That's £#%&!ing scandalous.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:58 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Look at the shocking prices we paid for some of those wastes of space out there yesterday. That's £#%&!ing scandalous.
the point still stands.

united are an F1 car with the brakes sticking.

this situation will continue... City can invest [sic] in who they want and just keep up the arms race to win the league....

it's shit, but it's reality.

Unread 23-09-2013, 10:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
the point still stands.

this situation will continue... City can invest [sic] in who they want and just keep up the arms race to win the league....

We know that but do we really have to wallow in self-pity and deliberately buy shit just because? And pick teams, formations and tactics totally unsuited to playing against them, and still blame them?

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
the point still stands.

Don't worry, Fair Play will sort it all out. Oh......

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

other than at the end of the 60s this is the 1st time the Manchester teams have been competing at the top of the sport isn't it?

discounting 08/09 United have just about got the better of it so far since the arabs came, with 2 titles, a league cup and a CL final versus 1 title and an FA cup

Unread 23-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I remember you started out with this shit last season as well

Then as it wore on and we left them behind you calmed it down

Then towards the end you stepped it up again even though we were about to win the league with weeks to spare

Let's hope you prove as clueless this time around

I'm not going to dignify this with a response. Except for this post in which I'm informing you that i won't respond but after that I won't say anything.
Closed Thread