United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Denis Irwell

They all lost £#%&!in Lovren and it was a loose ball, mate - didn't have anyone's name on it

Unread 22-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
They all lost £#%&!in Lovren and it was a loose ball, mate - didn't have anyone's name on it
Nope think you'll find Evans was marking Lovren and lost him, mate.

Unread 22-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Are you blind? He was our best player vs Soton

That's not saying much but he was and by a distance. He actually uses the ball well as opposed to Rio's famous hoofs up to their CH or into touch. Defended superbly.
You're calling me blind after Evans gifted the goal to Southampton.

Look at the goal once more. Focus on Evans. He is a disaster waiting to happen all the time.

Unread 22-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep

lovren goal ~ manchester united 1 1 southampton ~ epl 19 10 2013 - YouTube

Look at the goal once more. Focus on Evans. He is a disaster waiting to happen all the time.
He's not a disaster at all, just lost his man. Happens to the best at times FFS.

Other than that he played well, brought the ball out of defence well and always looks good on the ball and is a very clever footballer. More he plays with Jones the better IMO

Unread 22-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipsauce
He's not a disaster at all, just lost his man. Happens to the best at times FFS.

Other than that he played well, brought the ball out of defence well and always looks good on the ball and is a very clever footballer. More he plays with Jones the better IMO
IMO Smalling + Jones is the future. Both of them can play together for club and country for 10 years.

Unread 22-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
IMO Smalling + Jones is the future. Both of them can play together for club and country for 10 years.
Im not a fan of Smalling tbf, seems a little light weight and erratic. Time will tell i suppose.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

lovren goal ~ manchester united 1 1 southampton ~ epl 19 10 2013 - YouTube

I'm still not convinced by Evans, but that's ridiculously harsh, Deepers. It's pretty tough to stay with a man when he makes a run like that. He has the advantage of knowing where he's going to run. Evans doesn't.

I do think Evans is a concern, though. Has a lot of the tools, but how much longer do we have to wait for some reliability? He's 26 in a few months. Really needs to step it up and nail down a place now that Vidic and Rio are finally slowing down.
Closed Thread