United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Aman27deep

Football 2nd of September 2013 - make or break for United.

Just one more day to go.

Really need a minimum of three players - one LWer and two CMs. And those need to be players which by straight into the starting XI. Not more squad players such as Cleverley and Young.

Last season this time city added three players to their title winning squad which was seen as negative as the players weren't quality enough - and we're even upping the anti with making no signings at all.

Second richest club of any sports in the world and we still can't get a top midfielder such as Arturo Vidal or Fabregas. It's downright unbelievable and extremely daft.

Our incompetence throughout the entire summer transfer window hasn't given me any hope whatsoever.

The second of September will define our entire season. And I'm not optimistic anymore.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Lok

It's too late.

Nothing going to happen.

The league looks a million miles away. We should focus on the league cup.

Dark days.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Old Mathers

Moyes has now said at least twice that he's happy with what we've got
This is why the Glazers got him

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Aman27deep

Moyes also said "Manchester United are always interested in the best players".

Can anyone imagine if those three signings are Bale, Vidal and Fabregas. There's no stopping us after that. But of course that's not gonna happen.

I just hope the Glazers just sell us. There can't be a worse owner of a sports club.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM
ZiggyStardust

The problem with looking for players to go into the first team is that we don't really know what sort of players Moyes is looking for

Does he want out and out wide players or does he want someone to drift infield from wide areas and be more of a passer than a crosser

If Moyes wants someone to play beside Carrick in a midfield 2 then that player needs to be a more athletic and mobile player to compliment Carrick
If Moyes wants to play 3 in midfield then you can have 2 small creative type players playing either side of him

The problem for me is that Moyes doesn't seem to have a clear idea of what he ultimately wants his Utd team to look and play like

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Moyes also said "Manchester United are always interested in the best players".

Can anyone imagine if those three signings are Bale, Vidal and Fabregas. There's no stopping us after that. But of course that's not gonna happen.

I just hope the Glazers just sell us. There can't be a worse owner of a sports club.
I know there's time pressure involved and although Bale and Fabregas unlikely, are we really going to sign Vidal so soon??

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
I know there's time pressure involved and although Bale and Fabregas unlikely, are we really going to sign Vidal so soon??

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I do love that pun so

Also, cheeky bid Serious.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Hope so, he's a cut above the rest and has loads of style

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
jaffo

Quote:

Aman27deep

Usain Bolt agrees...

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/usai...ve-midfielder/

Quote:

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Hope so, he's a cut above the rest and has loads of style
Not going for a snip though.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:53 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

This thread should be great fun tomorrow. I'm expecting some world class @#%&!ery from United, numerous sightings of Ronaldo at various North West golf clubs, huge amounts of bad rep traded on fred, Deepers will be in tears at various points, half hearted unicorning from the usual suspects and ultimately, two shit clowns from Everton disgracing the shirt.

Can't bloody wait tbh.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
This thread should be great fun tomorrow. I'm expecting some world class @#%&!ery from United, numerous sightings of Ronaldo at various North West golf clubs, huge amounts of bad rep traded on fred, Deepers will be in tears at various points, half hearted unicorning from the usual suspects and ultimately, two shit clowns from Everton disgracing the shirt.

Can't bloody wait tbh.

Watcherdamus telling it like it is again -vvg2c

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Can't bloody wait tbh.
Some great gifs though.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Sparky***

It's going to have to be a pretty amazing day in terms of signings to lift the mood at the moment.

Can't see it myself. Really shit weekend.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Some great gifs though.
It'll be gif paradise nqat

I never bookmark them or anything, I just do it live off the cuff...a quick search & then bang. I put it out there as a reaction to what somebody has posted.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Some great gifs though.
How could I forget the gifs! I think quite a few prominent fredsters will put up gifs they'd otherwise hoped to save till FOTY. It's going to be a big day for all of us.

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It'll be gif paradise nqat

I never bookmark them or anything, I just do it live off the cuff...a quick search & then bang. I put it out there as a reaction to what somebody has posted.
Failing that there's always Harri's staircase gif.

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Zorg

As if United will sign anyone ffs
Closed Thread