Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Google

Default Re: Who

Di Maria
Suarez (Ajax)
Hamsik/Gourcuff

Still got faith that some of our young players will break through and make at the least squad players. We're not far off being a a top side again, but we need players that give you the feeling they can change a game, it feels just like Nani and Rooney are the only ones who can do that atm. Hopefully we'll get another summer like the year we signed Nani and Anderson, get it all sorted as soon as the seasons over as before any teams get time to be involved

Unread 04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
wonky no

wibberwee £30m
joe cole. £0m
gary cahill £18m
bent £8m

Unread 04-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Cole J
Benzema
De Maria

Realistically, we'll probably end up with Cole, David James and Lee Cattermole

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Baron

Mesut Özil to play left side of an attacking 3 if we go that way - I think David Silva, as good as he is, would be like Reyes - a mincer. Other than Torres, no Spanish player has been much cop when purchased for money. Fabregas was progressed as a 15 year old so can't be compared to someone moving for a (large) fee from La Liga.

Salvatore Sirigu - the new Gigi Buffon. Think Akinfeev is good but too much money in Russian football for him to go for an aceptable price, Sirigu is at Palermo in Italy & been called up to the national side recently, 23, good age but not at a big side so a risk. VDS is capable of playing for another season, but with Smalling coming & Vidic seemlingly on his way to pay for other purchases replacing the 'keeper to build the new defence might be a good idea. Foster needs to be £#%&!ed off.

Ideally, we need Hargreaves fit, the centre of the midfield with just Fletcher on form is woefully lacking. If we want to play a three in there, which is what Fergie appears all for with Rooney flourishing more as a central striker someone who can do something none of the others can do (any more in some of the older lads cases over the course of a gruelling season). So... who is the midfielder that can play ahead of 2 box to box types? Someone like Fabregas, Iniesta, Kaka, Scholes of back in the day, Lampard... goals, passes, a run, an assist or 10... £#%&! knows. Joe Cole appears to be the name & on a free, I can't argue with that. His best position for me is behind 2 strikers, but that's a luxury. Can he play in a midfield 3? Mourinho never thought so, if he can't get ahead of Lampard then he can't get in our side in that position. He's worth the wages though imo. Modric? Potentially, I like him. Would cost a fortune though. Hamsik? £#%&! knows if he's any good. There's a kid at Leverkusen, Toni Kroos - actually owned by Bayern - who is £#%&!ing class. Appears Bayern might have big plans for him though as they should.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:57 PM
n48

I think Fletcher will be pushed further forward and given greater licence to make runs into the box and shoot ala Lampard. I can see Cole coming,possibly Milner too. Di Maria would be a dream signing but can't see us affording him - fantastic one on one and a suitable replacement for Ronaldo. If they go down then could also see Cole from the Hammers joining and O'Hara from Pompey if Spurs want rid.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:21 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
To the top of the north stand hopefully. Gormless cockney shithouse can get £#%&!ed.
Confirmed, id rather spend nothing than to sign another injury prone useless clown.

We wont sign anyone anyway as we're broke.

Gorillas £#%&!ing dreaming about 40/50m.

We'll sign Smalling, sell Vidic. Thats it.

And we've successfully weakened our side for the 3rd summer in a row.

If we had money we'd sign 2 midfielders and a striker, we'd then have a world class staring 11 to go with our excellent squad. Theres too many squadplayers/oldies in it right now, which reflects badly on our first 11.

Wastemen like Berbatov would be binned as well.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

I think you are forgetting the small matter of £80m hard cash sitting in the bank.

Ribery, Villa, Silva....

The sky is the limit this summer at OT!

Ching Ching!!!

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Confirmed, id rather spend nothing than to sign another injury prone useless clown.

We'll sign Smalling, sell Vidic. Thats it.

And we've successfully weakened our side for the 3rd summer in a row.

If we had money we'd sign 2 midfielders and a striker, we'd then have a world class staring 11 to go with our excellent squad. Theres too many squadplayers/oldies in it right now, which reflects badly on our first 11.

Wastemen like Berbatov would be binned as well.
Spot on, bar i'd like us to hang on to Vidic, his head seems to be back in the game now and looks more like his old self.

Lets hope United are taken over in the summer so we get some financial stability back

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Sandman

Rodwell.
Jovetic or Benzema.
And a creative midfielder.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:29 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I think you are forgetting the small matter of £80m hard cash sitting in the bank.

Ribery, Villa, Silva....

The sky is the limit this summer at OT!

Ching Ching!!!
We'll keep regressing.

The key summer was 2008, we didnt recognise Hargreaves was gonna play little part for the following 2 years, we failed to sign Tevez permanently when it was supposed to be completed that summer, we £#%&!ed £30m on that cretin called Berbatov, we didn't strengthen elsewhere in midfield. Tevez ended up being pissed off and rightfully left the following summer.

Then Ronaldo leaves as well, we sign a young french winger with okayish potential for £3m after being paid £80m upfront. As well as having that £25m we made a 'look , we tried' offer to Tevez, 2 years after a deal had been agreed. We behaved like classless monkeys. Gill and his men are £#%&!ing clueless.

Valencias a good player, but he was coming regardless of Ronaldo being sold so I dont see him as a replacement.

Another bad summer and we'll be fighting for 4th place, I am not even joking about it.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Redordead

we will spend this summer.

we are not skint and the club is making more money every year, the business men who own the club will not see the product too watered down and will buy players before they sell in a few years for 2-3 billion.

I just wished those in charge had run the business side as well as these @#%&!s and never sold in the first £#%&!ing place. Still when we went PLC we were for sale.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I can't understand why people think we won't invest fairly heavily in the summer. I honestly can't see us going two summers without spending proper hard cash.

I'm convinced the Glazers will pretty much force Ferguson into spending 40-50m, just to stop the fans getting on their back.
Get ready to be disappointed.

Unread 04-04-2010, 02:15 PM
The Watcher

I say we blow the £70 million 'credit facility' on getting those two English lads from Everton, Rodwell & Gosling. If there's anything left, get in a striker that plays on the shoulder and has rapid pace. A proper number 9. Would love to see David Silva at United too.

But in reality, it'll be another summer of lies and bullshit from the club, with only mediocre signings & free transfers while the owners pocket a wedge for selling Vidic.

Unread 04-04-2010, 02:16 PM
RedMenace

There was talk a few months ago from those inside United that they'd be doing something "to shut the fans up" apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if they dip into this overdraft for a few players, they wouldn't really give a shit worst case scenario for them they can just sell up and let someone else worry about paying it off. There seems to be a lot of talk about us being in for Rodwell wouldn't be surprised to see him come in, he fits the profile of our recent signings. Milner or Joe Cole wouldn't be a shock either. A goalkeeper has to be on the agenda as well but it's hard to know who, De Gea seems to be a target but it appears Atletico don't want to sell yet.

Unread 04-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Ethers

Just like the 'marquee signings' that were supposedly on the way last summer I bet

Ribery and Benzema nailed on, but we end up with £#%&!ing Owen.

Unread 04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Sparky***

I don't think some people fully comprehend what kind of financial restraints we are currently operating under.

We aren't going to bring in anywhere near the money we have over the last 2 seasons this year...so we'll have to drum up something in the region of £100m just so we don't go into the red. No ronaldo to sell for £80m to paper over the cracks....so who's going to get sold?

Unread 04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
we will spend this summer.

we are not skint and the club is making more money every year, the business men who own the club will not see the product too watered down and will buy players before they sell in a few years for 2-3 billion.

I just wished those in charge had run the business side as well as these @#%&!s and never sold in the first £#%&!ing place. Still when we went PLC we were for sale.

Unread 04-04-2010, 03:15 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't think some people fully comprehend what kind of financial restraints we are currently operating under.

We aren't going to bring in anywhere near the money we have over the last 2 seasons this year...so we'll have to drum up something in the region of £100m just so we don't go into the red. No ronaldo to sell for £80m to paper over the cracks....so who's going to get sold?
Hopefully Rooney, he did £#%&! all yesterday.

Unread 06-04-2010, 08:36 AM
borsuk

for footballing reasons sell hargreaves, berbatov, de laet, gibson, tosic, possebon, owen and foster.

we need to move on some of the 30 year-olds squad players to make space for younger lads. that means decisions to be made on wes, park and kuszczak.

promote cleverly and maybe corry evans. bring welbeck back and he and macheda can be the 3rd and 4th strikers.

i'd like to see cattermole come in if the fee was reasonable (unlikely) and a creative midfielder: ever banega (probably prohibitively expensive) would be superb but it will probably be joe cole. i'd put a cheeky bid in for diego from juventus. he's quality and hasn't really settled, may be available for a decent price.

a quality left-sided attacker: di maria or jovetic

a direct and powerful no 9. i rate rodallega, though he's raw, and i think he'd be a good option for us, giving us something different and able to play the lone striker role or make a difference off the bench. suarez would be a good option as well and is probably looking for a move to a big club now.

a younger keeper to take over from vds is a year's time. joe hart would be a very good choice but unlikely to be available.

Unread 06-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
for footballing reasons sell hargreaves, berbatov, de laet, gibson, tosic, possebon, owen and foster.

we need to move on some of the 30 year-olds squad players to make space for younger lads. that means decisions to be made on wes, park and kuszczak.

promote cleverly and maybe corry evans. bring welbeck back and he and macheda can be the 3rd and 4th strikers.

i'd like to see cattermole come in if the fee was reasonable (unlikely) and a creative midfielder: ever banega (probably prohibitively expensive) would be superb but it will probably be joe cole. i'd put a cheeky bid in for diego from juventus. he's quality and hasn't really settled, may be available for a decent price.

a quality left-sided attacker: di maria or jovetic

a direct and powerful no 9. i rate rodallega, though he's raw, and i think he'd be a good option for us, giving us something different and able to play the lone striker role or make a difference off the bench. suarez would be a good option as well and is probably looking for a move to a big club now.

a younger keeper to take over from vds is a year's time. joe hart would be a very good choice but unlikely to be available.
Cleverly has just broken his leg, probably not the best time to promote him. Welbeck is back at the club because he has a long term injury. By the time they've recovered, they'll probably need another loan spell to get them back into the swing of things.

I expect the following to leave: Foster, Gibson and a couple of the reserves.

If I was in charge, I'd also push out: Neville, Brown, Carrick & De Laet.

Looking at the squad, it's easy to see where we need to add players.

Goalkeeper: VDS probably only has 1 year left. I'd like to see us sign a top young keeper. One who was told to learn from VDS for a year and then take over from him the following season. Akinfeev is a name that gets thrown around a lot and he does look good. Joe Hart is a good shout but I can't see them selling him to us.

Defence: With Neville, Brown, O'Shea, Smalling, Rafael, Fabio, Evra, Rio, Vidic & Evans, we're well overstocked and there's plenty of quality. Could do with Fabio improving his fitness to give Evra a break at times.

Midfield: I think we're ok on the wings. Park is useful, Nani is stepping up and Valencia is solid if not exciting. Hopefully Obertan can push on and start making his way into the team. The problem lies in central midfield. Too often this season Carrick, Scholes and Anderson haven't performed. When playing a 4-3-3 (4-5-1) the middle 3 are key. If they don't perform well, you don't win. Joe Cole is a possible but I'm not sure he's the answer (especially in a 3). It'll be interesting to see who we move for. Whilst I'm a fan of Cattermole, would he really offer us something that O'Hara wouldn't? He'd also be a tenth of the price. Neither are good enough for us though. I'd love to see us sign Diego but would be shocked if it happened.

Forwards: The problem with the formation we play is that it works fantastically well with Rooney, but shit without him. We're unlikely to sign another world class striker because we wouldn't be able to play them too often. Macheda looks like he can be a handful and he is still young. Between Rooney, Berbatov, Owen & Macheda, we should have enough up front.

So a goalkeeper (Akinfeev?) and a creative midfielder. The team could probably be improved significantly whilst making a profit on transfers.
Closed Thread