United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Default Re: Official: united v Chelsea thread. Teams, links and doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Taking the pic.

someone should email that pic to Barclay tbh.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:04 PM
thatsfuctit

someone send the @#%&! that pic please

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Coracao

Barclay is a mong tbf.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Quote:
Dear Patrick,

Photo evidence for you:

The only way the linesman couldn't have seen that, is if you were sat in the North Stand and the sunlight was reflecting off your head, directly into his eyes, you bald @#%&!.

Steve.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierra Del Fuego

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
redmike

The £#%&!er is Suffering from ABU vision like the rest of the London media bubble.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I can't even see Fletch in that pic
top of the picture, i think, deliberately blocking the lino's view from behind two other united players.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
safingtons

Barclay's bitterness about Fergie is just amusing. Just because Fergie shut him down he goes on a losing battle to try and belittle Ferguson's career. Such a sad case.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:28 PM
BulgarianSpectator

You can moan all you like about bad decisions which lead to an offside goal, the failure to award a penalty. Taking a balance view of the "bad officiating", then it was one missed penalty and one goal that shouldn't have been for each side... poor, but balanced nonetheless.

But it doesn't hide the fact that one team didn't turn up in the first half. I said to my brother after 15 mins it was like the Barca -v- Arse match, with Chelsea passing it around without any pressure on them. In the few occasions United got the ball, Chelsea hunted down every player and forced a mistake. I was surprised Chelsea only scored once in the first half.

The only United game plan seemed to be Scholes playing a long ball to Valencia. For all the talk of Neville being United's weak link, what about their second-string and aged defence? That should have been exploited with quick players, but wasn't until the subs came on and offered a more direct threat.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Barclay's bitterness about Fergie is just amusing. Just because Fergie shut him down he goes on a losing battle to try and belittle Ferguson's career. Such a sad case.
Forgive my ignorance, but what does this refer to??

Unread 05-04-2010, 01:09 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
a couple of gems from that abu @#%&! barclay this morning

yep, it would be only three titles in four years for the useless waster.

let's just have another look at how fletcher was blocking that 'unlucky' assistant's view

it's not even £#%&!ing close. still, why check when you can just, er, lie?
It's such an incredible decision that I'm inclined to think it has to be suss.

TWO players clearly offside and the guy making the pass ALSO in full view.

Unread 05-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Zorg

There are only 3 possible explanations in my mind:

1) The linesman is corrupt

2) The linesman inexplicably thought a United player had played the ball through, meaning Drogba could play on

3) The linesman has no eyes

I think 2) is most likely.

Unread 05-04-2010, 02:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Paddy Barclay is amongst that breed of 'intellectual' () Sports journalists who treat Wenger like the Messiah.

His comments are a £#%&!ing joke - the bit about Fletcher blocking the Linesmans view is surely a joke??? ...but the part about Fergie's legacy being 'tarnished' if he doesn't win the League this season is about as offensive as you can get.
No manager in the History of English football has won 4 League Titles on the spin...this isn't Scotland ffs.

Obviously being the most highly decorated manager in this Country's history obviously isn't good enough for Mr Barclay

If only more managers were like Wenger. Prowling the touchline for 90minutes...in th 4th official's ear throughout the entire £#%&!ing match...accusing opponents of DELIBERATELY trying to injure his players...despite the fact his team have the worst disciplinary record of any top flight side over the past Decade or so.

Unread 05-04-2010, 02:56 PM
borsuk

there's a fair few hacks who aren't particularly abu but who make the same 'end of an era, fergie's finally lost it' prediction at the start of most seasons and would love to be proven right at some point. hence every defeat is a crisis, every success is begrudged and so on. the fact that fergie doesn't even bother to hide his utter contempt for them is just further motivation.

Unread 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
there's a fair few hacks who aren't particularly abu but who make the same 'end of an era, fergie's finally lost it' prediction at the start of most seasons and would love to be proven right at some point. hence every defeat is a crisis, every success is begrudged and so on. the fact that fergie doesn't even bother to hide his utter contempt for them is just further motivation.
This is true, and the thrust behind that article and others like it appears to be that 'eventually it will happen, and we'll be proved right'.

So they spend more than a decade reporting the demise of Fergie's United, and eventually when it happens (because it's kind of inevitable really, what with human beings having that habit of retiring and dying), they'll say 'See! We were right! Fergie was crap, look!'.

It constantly amazes me how poor football journalism is in this country. Ferguson is not just the first manager to win three titles in a row, he's done it TWICE - yet instead they laud Wenger, who's won the square root of £#%&! all in five years.

Most of them are simply stealing a living and I wouldn't carry my chips in their poorly-researched, pathetic arse paper 'articles'.

Unread 05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

on Barclay, perhaps what he's driving at is that a United failure to win one of the two major trophies will undoubtedly be seized upon by the anti-Glazer campaign as a weapon - lack of investment, 'no value' blah blah blah? in other words, the press know full well that they've got plenty to write about in the summer should united finish the season with only the league cup in the bag.

on united's tactics and their "tiredness"? don't see united as particularly fatigued at all. obviously the players have suffered at times through lack of options due to a season that has brought an extraordinary arrangement of injuries. but is there a single person who, if told that Rooney would spend half the season as a lone striker, wouldn't have expected him to suffer injury as a direct result? i doubt it. the lad has been flogged to death, and i for one question the need for it.