United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Weekend Hussler

Default Re: Quite a few United fans are upset with the Green & Gold campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
that's a totally different mob to the ones in Munich these were part of United's firm and have never been in favour of G&G from the start
Probably because Men In Green and Gold doesn't sound like the title for a good sequel

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Probably because Men In Green and Gold doesn't sound like the title for a good sequel

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
that's a totally different mob to the ones in Munich these were part of United's firm and have never been in favour of G&G from the start
Betty's Hotpot and his firm is it?!

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Betty's Hotpot and his firm is it?!
no....far from it

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Sloane

TON has voiced his displeasure a few times and looks like there a few young ones following him, i heard also on the champions sports trip on the plane over the tannoy thing somebody said g+g was banned from the trip.
not sure what there problem is, they keep coming out with the line
'get behind the team'
not sure what their problem is, commerical interests? annoyed they werent at the organisation of the protests?
maybe we should go around kicking peoples heads in, followed by an account of it in paperback, get behind the team that way

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
PaulParkers

We had a bit of agro on the tram back into town after the milan home tie as our mob were in G&G.

Kicked off cos some tit told me to take my scarf off and didn't like my response.

Who are these helmets? And who's T'ON?

Unread 02-04-2010, 12:21 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
We had a bit of agro on the tram back into town after the milan home tie as our mob were in G&G.

Kicked off cos some tit told me to take my scarf off and didn't like my response.

Who are these helmets? And who's T'ON?
Tony O'Neill

Unread 02-04-2010, 12:23 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
did you chin him?
No. I was stood shaking my head at him. I give him a look though.

Unread 02-04-2010, 03:54 AM
bcred

hahaha

Unread 02-04-2010, 05:15 AM
class of 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That was being sung in Munich too

a couple of pissed up #@&%!s on the metro near me and my mate were singing that, we did have a word and they didn't continue with it and resumed singing ''we all hate citeh''.

Unread 02-04-2010, 06:59 AM
borsuk

it beggars belief tbh.

as was said, some folk are just not right.

Unread 02-04-2010, 08:11 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Tony O'Neill
Ha, quite obvious when you think about it

Unread 02-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Stickman

What was the thinking behind g and g?

To raise aware and show displeasure with the owners - obviously you have to go to achieve that

Has it raised awareness? Yes

Have the press cottoned on? Yes

Do the club know what the crack is? You bet your life

I cant understand why anyone would disapprove?

And as a small aside it creates a bit of atmosphere.

Another reason for it being a success is we've been doing it while we're winning, gets the message accross better.

Unread 02-04-2010, 08:58 AM
BarryX

divide and conquer are great tactics to use when fighting any battle, military or otherwise. simple fact of the matter is the only people who would vocally oppose the Green and Gold either have their heads so far up their own arse the only colour they can see is brown, or they are on the Glazer's side.

If I was a Glazer, with access to tens of millions (and all the Utd perks you could ever dream of using in your favour) I know what my tactic would be. divide and indeed conquer.

Unread 02-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

i think you're right

Unread 02-04-2010, 01:21 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
read on the other side TO'N was kicking off about it. sad really.
I had the misfortune of witnessing that particularly pathetic episode. He tried to tear up the the LUHG flag that was being passed overhead at HT. Some other lads got it off him before he damaged it, so he then went over and started offering out a young lad and bird who was barely in her 20s. 'Red Army General' indeed It's quite sad that we have #@&%!s like tufty and betty in our support. But clowns like them have a vested interest in the current regime staying in place.

In stark contrast, the FC Bayern fans were first class. Over the 3 days we were over, loads off them would come up to me and my mates and tell us they supported our anti Glazer stance. Really clued up about the G&G protest. A bunch we were drinking with pre match even linked us afterwards and took us to a Bayern bar, where they were all singing "We want Glazer out" by the end of the night

Unread 02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I had the misfortune of witnessing that particularly pathetic episode. He tried to tear up the the LUHG flag that was being passed overhead at HT. Some other lads got it off him before he damaged it, so he then went over and started offering out a young lad and bird who was barely in her 20s. 'Red Army General' indeed It's quite sad that we have #@&%!s like tufty and betty in our support. But clowns like them have a vested interest in the current regime staying in place.

In stark contrast, the FC Bayern fans were first class. Over the 3 days we were over, loads off them would come up to me and my mates and tell us they supported our anti Glazer stance. Really clued up about the G&G protest. A bunch we were drinking with pre match even linked us afterwards and took us to a Bayern bar, where they were all singing "We want Glazer out" by the end of the night
Top drawer the Bayern fans. Everyone we spoke to was interested in the green & gold and what it stood for. Did you notice the 'Love United Hate Glazer' banner in with their ultras?

Unread 02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
El Chalten

utd fans arguing amongst themselves shocker.

most utd fans are £#%&!in braindead mongs who would struggle to count to ten.

top reds.

nft.

Unread 02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Top drawer the Bayern fans. Everyone we spoke to was interested in the green & gold and what it stood for. Did you notice the 'Love United Hate Glazer' banner in with their ultras?
yeah i saw that.

despite what most of the moronic, ignorant, tabolid-fed idiots in this country would have you believe, german people are generally very welcoming and hospitable.

Unread 02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Quite a few United fans are upset with the Green & Gold campaign

Quote:
Yea, on the second tier, they had a 'Hate Glazer' banner right above their ultra section.

I did my bit by putting plenty of LUHG stickers on Bayern fans we spoke too
Closed Thread