United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Who

Everyones moaning about players not being good enough, or not having sufficient quality in certain areas. So all i want to know is, who do you want in the summer. Has to be realistic. No slating current players, and nothing like 'someone like...' i want specific players that you think we can sign to improve our squad.

I'd take Silva and Villa, and thats it.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:18 AM
thatsfuctit

Milner

actually don't you think Cole under celebrated what was a pretty £#%&!ing cool goal today? - he's in the red next year ydhihf.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Milner

actually don't you think Cole under celebrated what was a pretty £#%&!ing cool goal today? - he's in the red next year ydhihf.
I thought this earlier, but didnt say it on here due to fear of being slated. He didnt really celebrate it at all other than an initial reaction.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:20 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I thought this earlier, but didnt say it on here due to fear of being slated. He didnt really celebrate it at all other than an initial reaction.
nailed on then.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:29 AM
schnitzel

Quote:
nailed on then.
I think we still have a team capable of winning the lot if everyones fit and plays to there capabilities.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Lok

Quote:
I thought the same when watching the highlights. He runs off at first and then calms down very quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came. Wouldn't be a bad move as long as his wages aren't silly.

He's the only realistic signing I can see us making (other than randoms we've never heard of). Maybe we'll splash £10m on a goalkeeper (Akinfeev?).

Most of our transfer activity will be players leaving. Our squad is too big at the moment. We can't possibly give all the players games and keep them in form. I'd start with Foster & Gibson, then see what offers we can get for the rest of the squad players (Brown, Welbeck, De Laet, Owen etc...). You'd also expect Neville to retire.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:48 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I thought the same when watching the highlights. He runs off at first and then calms down very quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came. Wouldn't be a bad move as long as his wages aren't silly.

He's the only realistic signing I can see us making (other than randoms we've never heard of). Maybe we'll splash £10m on a goalkeeper (Akinfeev?).

Most of our transfer activity will be players leaving. Our squad is too big at the moment. We can't possibly give all the players games and keep them in form. I'd start with Foster & Gibson, then see what offers we can get for the rest of the squad players (Brown, Welbeck, De Laet, Owen etc...). You'd also expect Neville to retire.
Thats just silly.......your a very silly boy.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

I can't understand why people think we won't invest fairly heavily in the summer. I honestly can't see us going two summers without spending proper hard cash.

I'm convinced the Glazers will pretty much force Ferguson into spending 40-50m, just to stop the fans getting on their back.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Thats just silly.......your a very silly boy.
Is it? We're covered at right back with Rafael and O'Shea. In the middle we have Rio, Vidic, Evans and Smalling.

Quote:
I can't understand why people think we won't invest fairly heavily in the summer. I honestly can't see us going two summers without spending proper hard cash.

I'm convinced the Glazers will pretty much force Ferguson into spending 40-50m, just to stop the fans getting on their back.
The Glazers don't give a shit what we think. The only reason they didn't put up ticket prices is because we've not sold out for most games this season. When supply exceeds demand the price of a product is lowered. If they put them up again, there would have been noticeable empty seats for games against the likes of Wigan and Wolves. That would be bad for business.

We'd be lucky if we saw a net spend of £10m.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Alan

Quote:
nailed on then.
To the top of the north stand hopefully. Gormless cockney shithouse can get £#%&!ed.

Unread 04-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Sullingtons

I said the same about Cole. He almost stopped himself.

Nailed on United.

Unread 04-04-2010, 07:55 AM
no fun

da maria from benfica

Unread 04-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Pop

Thumbs up

Jimmy Bullard
Damien Duff
Emile Heskey

The treble looms large.

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:41 AM
les vagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
To the top of the north stand hopefully. Gormless cockney shithouse can get £#%&!ed.
10000+ top red points

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Redordead

I think Milner and J Cole would be excellent additions, add a fit hargo and a top striker - Villa having actually watched him this season and we would be a team to reckon with.

I would look to a keeper to add- but an experienced older one.

Not sure who i would ditch - but the old guard should play minimum games next year allowing experience for new guys.

40 - 50 million spent and i imagine some raised through sales also.

Seems realistic to me.

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Ginners

milner
rodwell
shawcross

possibly a left winger

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Tierra Del Fuego

Gonzalo Higuain

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Ethers

Quote:

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Plus if he spends 50 million its only 5 up front - so if they sold in 2 years they will only spend say 10 of it.

I imagine they will insist he spends money.

Unread 04-04-2010, 10:10 AM
King Schlong

De Rossi if Hargreaves is finished.
Closed Thread