United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Will United beat Bayern?
We'll be ok and make the semis 79 75.96%
We're £#%&!ed 25 24.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
wiganste

Default Who thinks we're going through next Wednesday?

Let's be honest here. It's a massive blow having Rooney out and the Germans must be feeling very confident after outplaying us on Tuesday.

I'm very, very worried.

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default Re: Who thinks we're going through next Wednesday?

We'll @#%&! them

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Grimson

I do. I watched Bayern's away leg v Fiorentina and they were an absolute shambles, scared shitless every time the ball was in their half. They conceded 3 and would have been out against any side with just a touch more belief.

thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
must be feeling very confident after outplaying us on Tuesday.

I'm very, very worried.
they have been shown to crumble under pressure themselves - different era, largely different players, and their last minute winner will have been cathartic for them but who knows what could happen, we should still have a very good team out - berbs's record of scoring when starting for us is very good - if we start well and the place is rocking - why not?

Billy Bigbollox

We'll moider da bums. No danger

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:42 PM
thankseric

Still furious about that 2nd goal. Should do it though..need a top game from everyone.

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Let's be honest here. It's a massive blow having Rooney out and the Germans must be feeling very confident after outplaying us on Tuesday.

I'm very, very worried.
If your worried then there is no hope!

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
skcollob

We switched off again,after an early goal, individually and collectively, I think we’ll get it right at OT and smash them even without Rooney.

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
safingtons

It depends heavily on what happens on Saturday for both Bayern and United. Both have got huge matches in the league between 1st and 2nd.

Bayern losing away to Schalke could very well happen, i'm less certain about United winning against Chelsea with our main man out. Not just losing his goals, his sheer presence was a boost.

I've already predicted we'll lose on Saturday so I guess i'll have to go with us going out.

The title wouldn't be over if we lost on Saturday anyway, and it is the main target of the season. I've lost the fascination with the Cl since we won it. I'm sure it'll return once we get number 19.

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

we will go through...bayern's defence is shite

but Saturday is a far more important game for us

hth fact

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
It depends heavily on what happens on Saturday for both Bayern and United. Both have got huge matches in the league between 1st and 2nd.

Bayern losing away to Schalke could very well happen, i'm less certain about United winning against Chelsea with our main man out. Not just losing his goals, his sheer presence was a boost.

I've already predicted we'll lose on Saturday so I guess i'll have to go with us going out.

The title wouldn't be over if we lost on Saturday anyway, and it is the main target of the season. I've lost the fascination with the Cl since we won it. I'm sure it'll return once we get number 19.
You thinking we'll lose, there's a shock. I'm suprised we ever win a game tbh

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

I'm very, very worried
I just keep having visions of them getting a flukey early goal - and hey presto, Dortmund 1997 all over again

As people may have noticed I'm not usually a doom person, but I have bad vibes about this one - still, beating Chelski matters more IMO

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
taff

too much optimism in this thread so i'll level it out.

bayern will score early, we'll pull one back then spend the best part of the game huffing and puffing after an equaliser. there'll be increasingly desperate long balls into the box and berbatov will miss a sitter in the last minute, leading to apoplexy from some on here.

hth

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Dr Gonzo

I'm no expert on calculating Bayesian Probabilities but if we beat Chelski, we'll do Bayern.

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Camel

depends on who scores the first goal.

i'd fancy us at home but it only takes 1 move to make our night a whole lot more difficult.

edit: bayern, obviously. we'll batter chelsea 1-1

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
MIFF

Bayern will have gomez fully fit, plus schwienstieger at centre half and robben back, so their stronger than last week, rooney missing, were weaker. They only need a draw, but i am pessemistic about most games! Chelsea far more importatant, take a draw for that one

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
toseeunited

if wayne wasn't out i'd be a lot more confident than i am now, but i'll save my vote for after the chelsea game, cos if we get a good result on saturday it would give us the confidence to turn tuesday around.

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFF
Bayern will have gomez fully fit, plus schwienstieger at centre half and robben back, so their stronger than last week, rooney missing, were weaker. They only need a draw, but i am pessemistic about most games! Chelsea far more importatant, take a draw for that one

Chelsea - 1-1 (was predicting 2-0 Utd before Tuesday)
Bayern game - 3-1 Utd

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
MIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Chelsea - 1-1 (was predicting 2-0 Utd before Tuesday)
Bayern game - 3-1 Utd
He's back in place of zorro. ?

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Camel

berbie seemed to really enjoy playing against the germans again. could be something in that
Closed Thread