Unread 21-11-2019, 01:24 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I would have him back in a heartbeat
Your hearts like the tin man

Unread 21-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Drexl

I would push him to Carrington every morning in one of those Madeira type wicker baskets if it helped the negotiation process

Unread 21-11-2019, 02:31 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Your hearts like the tin man
always with the digs you lately.

Unread 21-11-2019, 02:42 PM
92ToBury

He’d pay for himself in merchandise and social media hits, so it’s just whether Ole wants him or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Yeah, but what if she's still fit and you're having a bit of a barren spell (asking for a friend)
She was great. After the first two inches, she was really tight. HTH.

Unread 21-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Zorg

social media hits

Unread 21-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He’d pay for himself in merchandise and social media hits, so it’s just whether Ole wants him or not.
You think Ole will have a say in it

Unread 21-11-2019, 03:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Bad fit now for both sides. He's admitted recently he wishes he could just play for Portugal and in Juve's big matches. He could score in any major game but week-to-week his powers are fading. Without penalties it's 4 goals from 15 games this season.

He probably wants a top side where he can pick his matches and make the difference in the CL. Juve a good setting for him really.

Unread 21-11-2019, 03:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Bad fit now for both sides. He's admitted recently he wishes he could just play for Portugal and in Juve's big matches. He could score in any major game but week-to-week his powers are fading. Without penalties it's 4 goals from 15 games this season.

He probably wants a top side where he can pick his matches and make the difference in the CL. Juve a good setting for him really.
Agreed. Would have loved it five years ago, but it’s just too late now.

Unread 21-11-2019, 05:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
You think Ole will have a say in it
He’s already said yes but Woody made him.

Unread 21-11-2019, 06:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Agreed. Would have loved it five years ago, but it’s just too late now.
Maybe even two years ago instead of Lukaku. Give Mou Ronaldo in a CL season and you never know.

But United have the basis of a bright young frontline. It's not the area that needs the major surgery. Our midfield struggles to control games against the worst sides in the league.

Unread 21-11-2019, 06:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Maybe even two years ago instead of Lukaku. Give Mou Ronaldo in a CL season and you never know.

But United have the basis of a bright young frontline. It's not the area that needs the major surgery. Our midfield struggles to control games against the worst sides in the league.
The counter point to this of course is providing the best environment for the young players we’re bringing through to flourish in. A top pro with the status of Ronaldo could be a huge role model in the way that Eric was to the 92’ers. Difference is that he was in his pomp. I look around our squad and don’t have many great role models tbh.

Unread 21-11-2019, 06:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The counter point to this of course is providing the best environment for the young players we’re bringing through to flourish in. A top pro with the status of Ronaldo could be a huge role model in the way that Eric was to the 92’ers. Difference is that he was in his pomp. I look around our squad and don’t have many great role models tbh.
True, although I think Cantona is a very different personality to Ronaldo. Eric is a huge lover of the team ethos. Ronaldo, whatever other misconceptions there may be, is largely only bothered about himself. Yes he's obscenely dedicated. To his own career.

Mou didn't get along with him I suspect largely for such reasons. Mou will indulge a nutcase like Zlat or Eto'o if they are team players.

Unread 21-11-2019, 06:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
apparently all agreed for next season if we make the cl.
So.......its not actually happening then?
Closed Thread