United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2019, 10:43 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He and The Scottish Player are too rash on the ball as a pair. Both do lots of dirty work but the play isn't great. Can't see a real future with both of them. The opposition last night was awful but against the average defensive Premier League side we need more quality in the pass.
Don't think you're paying them their righful dues from last night , Tottenham are a decent side and it was because Tommers and Fred outplayed them they look shit. Both looked hungrier and this was reflected in them winning many of their individual battles and controlling midfield for long periods

It get's tiresome when fans can't give their own players credit and always ascribe it to the other team being shit or it was only Watford etc .

I'm not specifically aiming this at you but some of our fans seem incapable of enjoying a good performance and seem far happier pouncing on mistakes and using that as a cue to turbo post/piss the bed nowadays

If Fred continues to make progress then he'll become a valued member of the squad in much the same way as as Nicky Butt used to be. Maybe he'll never make it to first name on the sheet but his contribution will be key in covering injuries , suspensions and taking the load off in less important matches.

His developing partnership with Tommers has raised both his game and increased his confidence .His positional awareness and with it his understanding of his defensive duties has improved no end and after his run of games he at last seems to be getting to grips with the speed of the premier league .

I've never had a problem with his attitude and believe some of the more talented players could take a leaf out of Fred's book . Even during his darkest days he has displayed a willingness to show for the ball and I quite like his first in to defend his team mates approach once the handbags are out

Maybe he make it or maybe he won't but fair £#%&!s to him for battling through and giving himself a shot at a career at United

Viva Fred albeit with fingers crossed mind

Unread 05-12-2019, 10:59 AM
barca99

Lets not get a head of ourselves yeah.

1 good performance in 10 doesn't make you a good player.

I dont see him starting games next season tbh, good squad player at most.

Unread 05-12-2019, 11:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Don't think you're paying them their righful dues from last night , Tottenham are a decent side and it was because Tommers and Fred outplayed them they look shit. Both looked hungrier and this was reflected in them winning many of their individual battles and controlling midfield for long periods

It get's tiresome when fans can't give their own players credit and always ascribe it to the other team being shit or it was only Watford etc .

I'm not specifically aiming this at you but some of our fans seem incapable of enjoying a good performance and seem far happier pouncing on mistakes and using that as a cue to turbo post/piss the bed nowadays

If Fred continues to make progress then he'll become a valued member of the squad in much the same way as as Nicky Butt used to be. Maybe he'll never make it to first name on the sheet but his contribution will be key in covering injuries , suspensions and taking the load off in less important matches.

His developing partnership with Tommers has raised both his game and increased his confidence .His positional awareness and with it his understanding of his defensive duties has improved no end and after his run of games he at last seems to be getting to grips with the speed of the premier league .

I've never had a problem with his attitude and believe some of the more talented players could take a leaf out of Fred's book . Even during his darkest days he has displayed a willingness to show for the ball and I quite like his first in to defend his team mates approach once the handbags are out

Maybe he make it or maybe he won't but fair £#%&!s to him for battling through and giving himself a shot at a career at United

Viva Fred albeit with fingers crossed mind
I've long said Fred is a better player than he showed in the first 15 months or so here. He definitely reads the game well as he's often in the right position to pressure the opposition. He and The Scottish Player are a potentially good platform for Pogba when he comes back. But they are both erratic on the ball. Especially The Scottish Player whose weight of pass is shocking at times. Can't fault either for effort.

When Fred and Scotty brought it against Liverpool I was on board. Against Sissoko in that form it was less of a test imo.

Unread 05-12-2019, 11:22 AM
waynes ear's

dogshit. £#%&! off

Unread 05-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Lets not get a head of ourselves yeah.

1 good performance in 10 doesn't make you a good player.

I dont see him starting games next season tbh, good squad player at most.
Seems to be enough for Pogba with some United "fans".

Unread 05-12-2019, 11:55 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Seems to be enough for Pogba with some United "fans".
Fair point but I think the frustrating thing with Pogba is we know he has 'another level' which is way above anyone in our midfield.

Even Pogba playing at 10% is better than Andreas at 100%

McTommers Fred
.........Pogba

That should see us climb the table in the second half of the season and hopefully progress in the cups, scouse treble would be nice

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Fair point but I think the frustrating thing with Pogba is we know he has 'another level' which is way above anyone in our midfield.
But if he almost never shows that "level" at United, what use is he to us?

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Chester Road

did well last night, apart from his 'defending' at their goal ...always got a £#%&!-up in him somewhere

Unread 30-01-2020, 01:32 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sensational talent.

He WILL make it here. Just wait.

Unread 30-01-2020, 03:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

Unread 08-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Chris Quayd

‘We are lacking a lot right now, first of all we need to figure out things on the pitch, we are lacking creativity, especially in midfield.'

‘We also need to improve as a group, our group lacks the “sticking together” mentality’, we have lots of problems. Vanity is also an issue and we need to stop this and just run on the pitch.’

‘We need to be on the same page and today some players have different objectives, there are players that just want to solve problems alone and this is wrong.’

Unread 08-02-2020, 09:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
‘We are lacking a lot right now, first of all we need to figure out things on the pitch, we are lacking creativity, especially in midfield.'

‘We also need to improve as a group, our group lacks the “sticking together” mentality’, we have lots of problems. Vanity is also an issue and we need to stop this and just run on the pitch.’

‘We need to be on the same page and today some players have different objectives, there are players that just want to solve problems alone and this is wrong.’
I’ll take ‘Who are Pereira, Pogba, Martial and Lingard’ for 100 please Bob.

Unread 08-02-2020, 11:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’ll take ‘Who are Pereira, Pogba, Martial and Lingard’ for 100 please Bob.
Genuinely wish they'd fall into that slice and dice corridor at the start of Resident Evil.

I'm going to surprise you.

I like Fred.

He's got a bit of character and....perhaps......our best part of the season with him, McTomineh and Rashohs on the ptitch wasn't a coincidence....

Unread 09-02-2020, 12:13 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Saying all the right things, which is a start I suppose.

Unread 09-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Unread 09-02-2020, 02:14 PM
ScarFace

a pub league level manager also doesnt help. Add that to atleast 6 evil scum who're in the squad and we're £#%&!ed until shifted.

Unread 09-02-2020, 03:24 PM
My Name is Heath

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
a pub league level manager also doesnt help. Add that to atleast 6 evil scum who're in the squad and we're £#%&!ed until shifted.

A reminder that any fan of another club coming here to try and slag us off as a WUM will never be as critical of United as us :-)

Unread 09-02-2020, 03:34 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

A reminder that any fan of another club coming here to try and slag us off as a WUM will never be as critical of United as us :-)
Innit. As a personal protest i even disrespect our minute silences by squeaking Teddys toys.

Unread 09-02-2020, 04:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Talking

Quote:
Innit. As a personal protest i even disrespect our minute silences by squeaking Teddys toys.

Genuinely would expect more creativity from Teddy than our fraudsters.

Unread 09-02-2020, 05:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
a pub league level manager also doesnt help. Add that to atleast 6 evil scum who're in the squad and we're f***ed until shifted.
I wonder when these Fred comments were made.

The supposed pub level manager is the only one who’s shown the intent and ability to start adressing the problem, whilst working with the realism of the situation rather than the fantasy. For a pub level manager he also seems to never get out thought tactically against the best teams and managers, despite the consensus he has inferior tools at his disposal. And his man management of the players and those above him seem more skilled than the likes of van gaal and mourinho too. Imagine if he wasn’t pub level

We can’t be far from tipping point in the dressing room now. The players gone help that. The players brought in help that. The Maguire, The Scottish Player, fernendes’ character and attitudes help that. Fred has come on leaps and bounds under ‘pub league’ ole, and seems to have developed the mentality and is now speaking out. Hopefully the loan striker will help, but I have my doubts. Get the remaining poison out and ole will have already done step one, where the likes of mourinho and van gaal failed miserably.
Closed Thread