United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Argentina

Default Re: what a player we have

He did the same last year at Chelsea. Dominated too.

Pretty sure he played more games than Rio and Vidic in the clean sheet run too.

He began to make a few mistakes after he settled into the team. Was the same with Brown. Remember him dominating Henry at Highbury. Ab fab he was. Think they both need to be constantly proving themselves and playing for their places to be playing at the top of their game.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Stickman

this boy is the real deal. You know youve got a talent when youd advocate the moving on of Rio or Vidic so he can make the step up proper.

For me - if Rio's back is going to sort itself out, it has to be Nemanja to go

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Getting kicked in the chest will do that to a man

Evans is magic. Be nice if he could play for an extended run without picking up an injury.
He has an injury - an ankle problem I think - that means he needs periods of rest. He really needs an op but obviously at the moment it's not the ideal time for it.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
He has an injury - an ankle problem I think - that means he needs periods of rest. He really needs an op but obviously at the moment it's not the ideal time for it.
He's had a steroid injection that appears to have settled it down. The op will be a last resort if it returns and persists. So, for the time being, he looks like getting a run in the starting XI.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Isn't that Fletcher, he has a chipped bone or something?

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Alan

Quote:
Isn't that Fletcher, he has a chipped bone or something?
Both, unfortunately.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:00 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Both, unfortunately.
Great

Can't understand why they weren't both sent for opps the day after we won the League last season.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Great

Can't understand why they weren't both sent for opps the day after we won the League last season.
fletchers happened in the sunderland game

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
fletchers happened in the sunderland game
I'm sure I read that it's been going on since last season? If not fair enough.

The Lad's £#%&!ing amazing btw, really has become a top player these last three years

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Sloane

Quote:
I'm sure I read that it's been going on since last season? If not fair enough.

The Lad's £#%&!ing amazing btw, really has become a top player these last three years
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...oken-bone.html
Fletcher said last night: 'I injured my ankle in the Sunderland game last month. A bit of bone has broken off the back of my ankle and is stuck, so every time I bend it is causing a bit of pain.
'I have had an injection to clear it up but eventually it is going to need to be cleaned out. There has been a build-up of fluid as well. I will have to get something done but the injection will see me through a few months.
'It should be OK to the end of the season. That is the plan - to get me through to the summer.
'Striking a ball or bending the ankle in a flexed position or pushing off hurts. It got to the point where it was too sore to train and play so something had to be done and I had the injection.'

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:17 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...oken-bone.html
Fletcher said last night: 'I injured my ankle in the Sunderland game last month. A bit of bone has broken off the back of my ankle and is stuck, so every time I bend it is causing a bit of pain.
'I have had an injection to clear it up but eventually it is going to need to be cleaned out. There has been a build-up of fluid as well. I will have to get something done but the injection will see me through a few months.
'It should be OK to the end of the season. That is the plan - to get me through to the summer.
'Striking a ball or bending the ankle in a flexed position or pushing off hurts. It got to the point where it was too sore to train and play so something had to be done and I had the injection.'
Closed Thread