Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2007, 12:06 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I remember a few years after he starred in Milans EC win over Barca,
Wonderful game. Remember Cruyff saying in the Spanish press how the Dream Team were going to teach the Italians a footballing lesson. Milan killed them that night. Great game.

Unread 13-03-2007, 12:11 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Wonderful game. Remember Cruyff saying in the Spanish press how the Dream Team were going to teach the Italians a footballing lesson. Milan killed them that night. Great game.
4 nil in athens

Unread 13-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Tiberian

Yugoslavia would have had a team capable of winning the major tournaments if the country had not imploded into civil war.

Savicevic, Boban, Suker, Jarni, Prosinecki, Darko Pancev, Yugovic, Dragan Stoikjivic, Stankovic, incredible talent in the 90's.

Unread 13-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Fountz

Thumbs up Re HAGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
You're not wrong.

Was he in that barca side with Stoichkov and Romario that battered us 4-0 in '94?
I think he joined them just before the 94 World Cup.

The 3 stars of USA 94.. Romario, Stoichkov and Hagi all played for them.

I thought he was absolutely superb..

Remember him and a couple of other Romanians ( Popescu was one of them and possibly Dumitrescu the other ) playing for Serie B side Brescia.

It wasn't very often I watched a game as a neutral, but I trekked up to Burndon Park in the very early 90's, during horrendous weather to see Bolton take on Brescia in the Anglo Italian Cup.

I think it finished nil nil, but seem to remember his and a couple of the other Brescia players' touch and general reading of the game being on another level to anything else I witnessed that season... and that includes United..

Unread 13-03-2007, 09:29 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I think he joined them just before the 94 World Cup.

The 3 stars of USA 94.. Romario, Stoichkov and Hagi all played for them.

I thought he was absolutely superb..

Remember him and a couple of other Romanians ( Popescu was one of them and possibly Dumitrescu the other ) playing for Serie B side Brescia.

It wasn't very often I watched a game as a neutral, but I trekked up to Burndon Park in the very early 90's, during horrendous weather to see Bolton take on Brescia in the Anglo Italian Cup.

I think it finished nil nil, but seem to remember his and a couple of the other Brescia players' touch and general reading of the game being on another level to anything else I witnessed that season... and that includes United..
BRESCIA WERE MINT ..THEY HAD A £#%&!ING MAGIC HOME KIT ASWELL

Unread 13-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
BRESCIA WERE MINT ..THEY HAD A £#%&!ING MAGIC HOME KIT ASWELL

Not quite as good as the one from the early 90's but I still like..

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:32 AM
DinGbAt

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
sure he played against utd for red star in the game in 1992 ,is that dejan stankovic
No it's Savicevic, you're getting his name confused with the Inter player.

Unread 14-03-2007, 10:19 AM
The Watcher

[YOUTUBE]KA5JovmOIkc&NR[/YOUTUBE]
Closed Thread