United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Pop

He's more relaxed when he comes home. Was on childrens tv the other day, Bedtime stories with Uncle Roy.

Puppy on his lap, chunky jumper, open fire and a rocking chair.

Unread 23-02-2020, 12:02 PM
NedKelly

He is destined to find true happiness with a dog, living in the wilderness, totally cut off from the hell that is society.

Unread 23-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He is destined to find true happiness with a dog, living in the wilderness, totally cut off from the hell that is society.
Until he takes in a young orphaned girl who shows him the true meaning of life and happiness.

Unread 23-02-2020, 02:01 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Until he takes in a young orphaned girl who shows him the true meaning of life and happiness.

Unread 23-02-2020, 04:51 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
And then men from certain organizations come for the girl.
He has to save her.
Then he finds out she was cloned from his DNA.
And he enlists the help of his former friend and mentor, Alex Xavier...

Unread 23-02-2020, 04:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
And then men from certain organizations come for the girl.
He has to save her.
Then he finds out she was cloned from his DNA.
And he enlists the help of his former friend and mentor, Alex Xavier...
I was going to reply with something similar a few hours ago but abandoned it because it looked shit..

Looks like I made the right decision.

Unread 23-02-2020, 04:55 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I was going to reply with something similar a few hours ago but abandoned it because it looked shit..

Looks like I made the right decision.
Oi!

Unread 16-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Pop

Takes his luncheon appointments VERY seriously....

Ian Wright: we were working as pundits for ITV at the World Cup in Russia and I asked him if he wanted to meet for lunch.

He said, "okay. See you at 1:15". I said, "no problem, I've just got to go and do some stuff". So I had to go and do that, I got there at 1:17, I was waiting in the lobby, I phoned and said, "Roy, okay, I'm here". And he said, "1:15 is 1:15, I'm not coming".

'I laughed because I thought he was messing about but he said, "Wrighty, I'm not coming, I'm not coming". And he hung up the phone. And I never saw him until the evening."

Unread 16-04-2020, 10:37 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Ian Wright: we were working as pundits for ITV at the World Cup in Russia and I asked him if he wanted to meet for lunch.

He said, "okay. See you at 1:15". I said, "no problem, I've just got to go and do some stuff". So I had to go and do that, I got there at 1:17, I was waiting in the lobby, I phoned and said, "Roy, okay, I'm here". And he said, "1:15 is 1:15, I'm not coming".

'I laughed because I thought he was messing about but he said, "Wrighty, I'm not coming, I'm not coming". And he hung up the phone. And I never saw him until the evening."
I've told you already - OCD/ASD

Unread 16-04-2020, 10:54 AM
utd99

Odds that it was really 1.17 - nil.

Unread 16-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Failure to turn up on time is a lack of respect. Does my head in tbh.

Unread 16-04-2020, 10:59 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Failure to turn up on time is a lack of respect. Does my head in tbh.
Fair enough, but if you responded the way he did, in any line of work, they'd probably laugh their heads off... then get occupational health to have a word.

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by coracao
failure to turn up on time is a lack of respect. Does my head in tbh.
100%

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:03 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Fair enough, but if you responded the way he did, in any line of work, they'd probably laugh their heads off... then get occupational health to have a word.
Well, in my line of work, if you aren't five minutes early you are late Reckon a few other people would do well to incorporate that into their lives rather than think their time is more precious than someone else's.

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:04 AM
Pop

Two minutes though. And in fairness it was Ian Wright, who probably got lost making his way from his hotel room to the dining room and locked himself in a cupboard along the way.

And then stopped off to buy magic beans from a wizened old man in the lobby.

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Two minutes though. And in fairness it was Ian Wright, who probably got lost making his way from his hotel room to the dining room and locked himself in a cupboard along the way.

And then stopped off to buy magic beans from a wizened old man in the lobby.

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:29 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Well, in my line of work, if you aren't five minutes early you are late Reckon a few other people would do well to incorporate that into their lives rather than think their time is more precious than someone else's.
So just to be clear, if you were waiting in a lobby, prior to a business meeting, and the other person was 2 minutes late, you'd flat refuse to meet them, even if they were a 2-minute wait away....?

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:30 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
So just to be clear, if you were waiting in a lobby, prior to a business meeting, and the other person was 2 minutes late, you'd flat refuse to meet them, even if they were a 2-minute wait away....?

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:34 AM
tatty

You can see the difference in attitude towards timekeeping between the mil/ex-mil and civilians.

Keane is absolutely right...and I bet Wright was early the next time.

Unread 16-04-2020, 11:37 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
You can see the difference in attitude towards timekeeping between the mil/ex-mil and civilians.

Keane is absolutely right...and I bet Wright was early the next time.
I bet you're an absolute laugh a minute to live with.
Closed Thread