United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Dunk, are you sure the profit is c.£40m a season? If you add back non cash items such as amortisation and depreciation it must be more than that.
How do you get to £40m? I know you have to service the debt, pay dividends and tax. £40m seems very low.
Quote:
The parent firm of famous soccer club Manchester United announced third-quarter operating profits of £14.2 million ($18.1 million) Thursday, a rise of 94.5% from the same period last year despite a challenging season in the English Premier League
Based on things such as the above. That's what they published this year, was less the year before, which comes out around £56m-ish over the year, it's been up and down and most likely down this year.. Operating costs are high, wages, debt payments etc. I'd imagine the published figures are lower than what is actually made for tax purposes, but we're not making £100's of millions a year as is perceived. It would be much more if we weren't servicing the debt and the parasites, obviously, or paying ludicrous wages to the infirm. So we're making enough for 2/3's of a Harry Maguire.. no wonder we had to flog Lukaku.

I'd imagine Pogba will pay for Fernandes, if he arrives, and half the problem is they don' t know how much they'll get for him, likely to be in the low £60m's rather than £100m+ as they'd have hoped.

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:20 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The owners don't want to spend money. They only signed Maguire with the Lukaku money. We are a wealthy club, why can't we spend it?
Because we pay the glazers a lot of money each year. We dont now get top 4 money reg. We're about to hit contract clause money drops due to 2years without ECL. We pay the likes or Rooney and Sanchez to not play for us. We waste whatever money we do spend. We're shit from top to bottom.

We wont win the league again with the Glazers as owners.

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:34 PM
AK14

Castles saying Fernandes is angry with sporting and how they’ve increased the asking price.

Sounds like Ed/Judge’s plan is working tbf.

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Castles saying Fernandes is angry with sporting and how they’ve increased the asking price.

Sounds like Ed/Judge’s plan is working tbf.
I don't blame them tbh.

'£60m please'

'We'll give you £40m'

'£60m'

'£41m'

'£60m'

'£42m'

'£80m or £#%&! off'

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't blame them tbh.

'£60m please'

'We'll give you £40m'

'£60m'

'£41m'

'£60m'

'£42m'

'£80m or f*** off'
Definitely and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that’s how the negotiations played out.

Unread 18-01-2020, 07:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Definitely and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that’s how the negotiations played out.
3 weeks between each bid

Unread 18-01-2020, 08:35 PM
Sparky***

We're seeing 2009-2013 repeating itself again aren't we. The owners are obviously tightening the belt transfer wise and subsequently we're going to need another miracle worker of a manager like we had with Fergie.

Put simply, we're £#%&!ed.

Unread 18-01-2020, 08:40 PM
puressence

Glad the club have said £#%&! off

Unread 18-01-2020, 08:41 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Glad the club have said £#%&! off
Why

Unread 18-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Buck

I was watching the end of Watford-Spurs and saw Spurs bring on a Portuguese player called Gedson Fernandes. The commentator said he's joined on an 18 month loan with an agreed fee of £50M. Wonder if we can do a deal like that. If he's shit send him back

Unread 18-01-2020, 08:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I was watching the end of Watford-Spurs and saw Spurs bring on a Portuguese player called Gedson Fernandes. The commentator said he's joined on an 18 month loan with an agreed fee of £50M. Wonder if we can do a deal like that. If he's shit send him back
Option to buy tbf.

Can’t see a loan deal being an option with Bruno because Sporting are cash strapped and need the money.

Unread 18-01-2020, 09:05 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Why should we have to?

We’re Man U £#%&!ing nited

Unread 18-01-2020, 09:21 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Why should we have to?

We’re Man U f***ing nited
Unfortunately that means absolutely £#%&! all these days.

Unread 18-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
That’s been obvious since they took over really. People will mention big signings that haven’t paid off but they were happy to pocket the Ronaldo money and replace him with Antonio Valencia at the time and give whoever was in charge a shoestring budget for a team looking to compete.
To be fair we never spent huge money when we were a PLC.

Unread 18-01-2020, 10:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
We didn’t. Remember the disbelief in ‘98 when we bought Stan, Blomqvist and Yorke and properly tried to get Kluivert. only that summer, the summer of RvN and Veron (tempered by the loss of Jaap) and the summer of Tevez, Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves really stick out as statement spending under the PLC to me..

Unread 18-01-2020, 10:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
We never had to. Because we had the greatest manager of all time in charge and a once in a generation crop of young players.

Unread 18-01-2020, 10:28 PM
Switching Off

If this comes off now and he doesnt score 17 goals on his debut he'll get players in the press. Why cant we just sign players quickly and quietly? Club needs folding.

Unread 18-01-2020, 10:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
If this comes off now and he doesnt score 17 goals on his debut he'll get players in the press. Why cant we just sign players quickly and quietly? Club needs folding.
We probably need to stop thinking of it as a football club and just concentrate on it being a business and staying in profit/business.

Unread 18-01-2020, 10:38 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Trying to shop for Rolexes with a Casio budget.
If we don’t sign anyone in January you’d really have to laugh.

Clubs having the supporters pants down on so many levels.

Cultural reset and playing youth. Sounds like excuses not to strengthen. They also have the perfect manager to keep the masses from mutiny. Blinding PR all round.

Unread 18-01-2020, 10:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
If we don’t sign anyone in January you’d really have to laugh.

Clubs having the supporters pants down on so many levels.

Cultural reset and playing youth. Sounds like excuses not to strengthen. They also have the perfect manager to keep the masses from mutiny. Blinding PR all round.
You think having a smiling yes man in charge is an accident? No top coach in the world would work for these jokers under these conditions. The only reason Fergie put up with it is because he built the club and had invested his soul into it.

Someone coming in from outside having to get this club challenging again would look at the set up and rightly laugh
Closed Thread