United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:22 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think it’s more of a problem of players mentality than when having an interim coach they don’t need to try or work as hard. You’re looking at it from the wrong angle. These players should be playing for the shirt putting in 100% every game regardless of interim manager or not.

If they’re downing tools now it shows to me they’re just not professional enough and ergo need to be £#%&!ed off
I’m not looking at it from the wrong angle at all pal. I know full well that when a local lad like Rashford comes on in the derby and doesn’t give a flying £#%&! then that’s on him and I’d have him out of the club this afternoon if I had my way.

I also know that temporary managers can struggle to get unanimous support, that their tactics will be over critiqued by the players, that he’ll struggle to lift them and motivate them. These are a fragile bunch of @#%&! at the best of times and having a temporary manager can’t possibly help that.

It’s a really simple point - not sure why you’re struggling with it tbh.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Harry Maguire is the club captain. A man who not only has won the square root of £#%&! all in his career, but has been relegated multiple times.

Harry Maguire. Who the £#%&! is he going to inspire?
I’d have taken him off for dummying that ball yesterday. I’d have put Mata at CB ffs. That was £#%&!ing disgraceful.

I’m wasn’t impressed with his ‘attempt’ to block the first goal either. Proper cowardly, half arsed defending.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:24 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Harry Maguire is the club captain. A man who not only has won the square root of £#%&! all in his career, but has been relegated multiple times.

Harry Maguire. Who the £#%&! is he going to inspire?
I think it's been clear from this season so far that Harry Maguire can't even inspire Harry Maguire. So yeah, I don't think he's going to be getting the best out of players that have won the Champions League and titles in other leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Fred and lindelof on the second goal just standing . The first one The Scottish Player just jogging back . Then there is a 3 vs 1 situation and the city player still gets the cross in
If we get knocked out of the Champions League and top four starts to look like a pipe dream then I would well behind Ralf just dropping all the shite, and playing essentially a youth team with the odd sprinkling of players that give a shit until the end of the season. Worst case scenario is that we're even shitter and avoid the Europa League next season while giving some young players first team football. Might even convince some of the shit to just move on instead of trying to cling on.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:25 AM
Sparky***

The last 20 mins of the game yesterday gave you a bit of an insight as to what it's like to manage this bunch.

As soon as the 2nd half started and City went up a couple of gears it became blatantly clear that it was only a matter of time until they scored a third goal. After it went in they all just sort of moped about a the pitch for the last 20 mins or so.

That's all they could muster. That team we put out, assembled at eye watering cost, by four different managers, barely bothered to even ruffle City's shirts. That speaks volumes more than any £#%&!ing stats sheet or opta index number crunching. Just basic effort. Don't give up, show some pride, work hard.

Nope. None of it. If modern day manchester united had a latin motto under our name it would probably be 'wages collectus nil effortus'

Huge summer ahead. Could present a massive turning point in the club's destiny and where it's headed. Thank god they've handed over the reigns of responsibility to *checks notes* a bloke who david moyes brought in back in 2013. Oh.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:40 AM
Joe Biden

If the club had any balls they'd get Keane on the coaching staff.

Flether sat there looking like he's going to crap himself, the bald American with the earpods. What's it all about ffs.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:56 AM
no fun

Quote:
Harry Maguire is the club captain. A man who not only has won the square root of f*** all in his career, but has been relegated multiple times.

Harry Maguire. Who the f*** is he going to inspire?
Part of the problem is his name

Harry maguire

Not inspiring

Sounds like a bit part in a 60s war film....

“How’s the tunnel coming along Jonty?”

“Well sir, we’ve got those 2 young fellows from Norfolk on the job...you know, Albert Higginbottom and Harry Maguire....simple lads, but good labourers”

The other part of the problem is his footballing ability

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:04 PM
ntipping

Default Absolute Shambles

Shocking performance! Once we went 3-1 down we fell to pieces, how can we give up like that in the derby. Every single one of those players should be ashamed of themselves. Ronaldo being out seems weird as his sister has said there is nothing wrong with him! Roy Keane was spot on, everything he said on Sky was right!

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:05 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntipping
Shocking performance! Once we went 3-1 down we fell to pieces, how can we give up like that in the derby. Every single one of those players should be ashamed of themselves. Ronaldo being out seems weird as his sister has said there is nothing wrong with him! Roy Keane was spot on, everything he said on Sky was right!
!

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Part of the problem is his name

Harry maguire

Not inspiring

Sounds like a bit part in a 60s war film....

“How’s the tunnel coming along Jonty?”

“Well sir, we’ve got those 2 young fellows from Norfolk on the job...you know, Albert Higginbottom and Harry Maguire....simple lads, but good labourers”

The other part of the problem is his footballing ability

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:11 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not even remotely arsed. Typical shitshow from the usual bastards. Sancho and Telles the only ones to come away from the game with a modicum of respect.

I am getting clammy just thinking about how much of a disaster the Summer is going to be.
Annoyed that the commentators were calling out Telles for that first goal. You could see him telling Bruno to drop and cover and getting totally ignored.

Agree him and Telles, and I'd probably include McT for effort at least (and a post match interview where he never mentioned looking in a mirror).

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
If the club had any balls they'd get Keane on the coaching staff.

Flether sat there looking like he's going to crap himself, the bald American with the earpods. What's it all about ffs.
“Bin Diesel”

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Annoyed that the commentators were calling out Telles for that first goal.
funny how often our fullbacks have to come into the middle whenever maguire plays.

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:18 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think it's been clear from this season so far that Harry Maguire can't even inspire Harry Maguire. So yeah, I don't think he's going to be getting the best out of players that have won the Champions League and titles in other leagues.

If we get knocked out of the Champions League and top four starts to look like a pipe dream then I would well behind Ralf just dropping all the shite, and playing essentially a youth team with the odd sprinkling of players that give a shit until the end of the season. Worst case scenario is that we're even shitter and avoid the Europa League next season while giving some young players first team football. Might even convince some of the shit to just move on instead of trying to cling on.
It gets worse, if we finish 6th I think we end up in the Europa conference league.

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:20 PM
Ethers

Top 4 is gone already. We could conceivably be 7th in a few weeks time if you look at the fixtures

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Why has Dalot been dropped after starting 8 on the bounce and contributing both in attack and defence ?

AWB is an absolute disgrace.....

One of the worst things I've seen in a deby is a player closed down from the OTHER side of the penalty spot by a skinny Stockport twig and absolutely beasted off the ball ..

No strength, desire, positional sense or £#%&!ing fight.....

Get him out of this club....

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:25 PM
dunk

I’m here to tell you lads, it’s 100% on you stupid @#%&!s. Since the season began you’ve been off the pace, unfit and half arsed. It was nice and easy for you to blame Ole but the truth will out. You’re all a £#%&!ing disgrace.

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:36 PM
dunk

£#%&! me

One of them is deffo Henderson.

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:42 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...456316421?s=21

£#%&! me

One of them is deffo Henderson.
Who do we think Mr Jealous is? I’m only interested because for the life of me I can’t think of one player who makes me think “we could really do with him right now”… they’re all £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Who do we think Mr Jealous is? I’m only interested because for the life of me I can’t think of one player who makes me think “we could really do with him right now”… they’re all £#%&!ing shit.
It’s Henderson. He knows De Gea’s shite and still can’t get in

There’s nobody else on that bench and available that could justifiably claim to warrant a game, and absolutely nobody else in the team gaining unwarranted praise other than De Gea.

Et voilà…

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s Henderson. He knows De Gea’s s**te and still can’t get in

There’s nobody else on that bench and available that could justifiably claim to warrant a game, and absolutely nobody else in the team gaining unwarranted praise other than De Gea.

Et voilà…

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...264964102?s=21
De Gea's been good this season. Tough luck for Henderson that getting Covid in pre-season probably cost him the number one spot on the opening day but De Gea has kept his spot on merit. I think on this season's form from Shaw that Telles has a right to wonder why he hasn't been picked at left back though.