United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Rossi the Red

Default Does Anderson go out on the piss every night or something?

His fitness always seems to be an issue.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:15 AM
dunk

I don't know, but he looked completely £#%&!ed within 5 minutes of being on the pitch last night, and his passing was dogshit.

I think he needs games, it's just not possible to justify giving him them at the moment.

As a side note, I was pissed off Possebon wasn't on the bench last night, half an hour for him could've been hugely beneficial.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't know, but he looked completely £#%&!ed within 5 minutes of being on the pitch last night, and his passing was dogshit.

I think he needs games, it's just not possible to justify giving him them at the moment.

As a side note, I was pissed off Possebon wasn't on the bench last night, half an hour for him could've been hugely beneficial.
He played at the olympics, probably had a better pre season than most united players in terms of games.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
He played at the olympics, probably had a better pre season than most united players in terms of games.
A fair point.

He needs his £#%&!ing arse kicking then.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:20 AM
marlo stansfield

anderson didnt look unfit yesterday.

played well and the midfield started passing the ball forward down the channels for the attacking players as soon as he came on.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

played well and the midfield started passing the ball forward down the channels for the attacking players as soon as he came on.
%@#$&!s. He played 1 decent pass, he just £#%&!ed everyone off with shit passes after that. Something is not right with him atm.

Ferguson didn't pick him because 'he is short of the required fitness'.

If there were any other options, I doubt he would've been on the bench.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:25 AM
thatsfuctit

doesn't answer the question, but we seemed to have a big gap between the midfield and front players, with few instances of players breaking into that space, so we seemed to end up trying to thread 40 yard balls through the eye of a needle way too often.

TSP was the pick of the midfield for me, well done fletch.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Hopskipjump

kaka-ned flanders..

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He has £#%&! all stamina.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

I'm talking about the reasons why he didn't start the game, cos he's short of fitness.

Why is he short of fitness?

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
I'm talking about the reasons why he didn't start the game, cos he's short of fitness.

Cos he spends far too much time on an internet forum pretending to be an accountant from essex

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Bral

I don't know but he needs to work on his shooting.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Sloane

youngster out of form shocker

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

i didn't understand that at all either. a very strange comment for fergie to make considering he started against liverpool and has come into the new season on the back of the olympics.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:55 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The whole side is crunching through the gears bloody unfair to pick out Anderson. And fwiw I like the fact he keeps trying to make attacking passes, even if they don't come off. The conservative sideway passes are all nice and dandy when we're winning games but when we're pushing for 3 points you need players who will keep plugging away. Have the confidence to make a forward pass through a 6 man defence for example. If it doesn't reach it's intended target, £#%&! it, try again. And keep trying.
Very good post.

Unread 18-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Whalefish

I don't want Scholes anywhere near the starting XI on Sunday. If him and Giggs start it'll be car crash stuff. Game could be all over in the first twenty mins.

(Hopes post jinxes it, Scholes starts and scores the winner from 30 yards)

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:03 AM
dunk

The worrying thing about Anderson is the fact he tailed off horrifically towards the end of last season, to the point of not even making the bench, as a result of his fitness and was invariably £#%&!ed after an hour when he was playing well.

This season he has began in the same manner, when he should've improved. He was %@#$&!sed after less than an hour on Saturday, a passenger for most of the game (as was everyone else, I know) then last night, he had a 5 minute bust of energy the he just sort of ambled around, at one point standing still while Villarreal passed the ball around in front of him, he just looked dis-interested.

Oh, and for a left footed player, his left foot is £#%&!ing £#%&!.

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Sparky***

"Goooo-diddly-oaaaaal!!! Hidely Ho Pat!"

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The worrying thing about Anderson is the fact he tailed off horrifically towards the end of last season, to the point of not even making the bench, as a result of his fitness and was invariably £#%&!ed after an hour when he was playing well.

This season he has began in the same manner, when he should've improved. He was %@#$&!sed after less than an hour on Saturday, a passenger for most of the game (as was everyone else, I know) then last night, he had a 5 minute bust of energy the he just sort of ambled around, at one point standing still while Villarreal passed the ball around in front of him, he just looked dis-interested.

Oh, and for a left footed player, his left foot is £#%&!ing £#%&!.
We know you're an Anderson hate dunk.

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Whalefish

Last season's fitness is hardly surprising though. In his professional career to date I don't think he'd touched 100 first class games. He broke his leg whilst playing for Porto and that was often said to be a factor which affected him during the year. He simply hasn't played enough games.

I also think it's a weight thing with him as well. Looks to me like he could bloat out at the drop of a hat so his diet needs to be well managed. I don't know how well he looks after himself or what sort of conditioning he does.

He was fine at Anfield for the first half, there were far worse players and when he had the ball last night he was progressive and pushed the opposition onto the back foot. His final ball was lacking but it'll improve. All this he played in the Olympics nonsense needs knocking on the head. Did anyone see the games? I wouldn't say they were the most competitive and I doubt the prep or work over there was the best.

Can't quite understand the need to come out and slate the kid. It's becoming quite commonplace. There's more pressing concerns than the fitness/form of Anderson anyway.
Closed Thread