United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2021, 10:54 AM
nick henry

£#%&! him. Ten men when he was stood shouting over Keano seriously injured on the ground.

Roy did the right thing NQAT

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

The point stands though. Look at something like Carragher on Nani, or any other obviously over the ball / two footed challenge on a standing leg, or stamp. IMo they're much worse than Keano's tackle on Haaland, and all those sorts of challenges went out to hurt the opposition. Think Carragher has even laughed about it since on Sky Sports, but he probably called it 'a bit naughty' though so alls forgiven and forgotten.

Personally If I had to choose any of them on me, I'd probably take Keanos kick to the knee over a lot of other naughty challenges that have been dished out over the years.

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:14 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

The point stands though. Look at something like Carragher on Nani, or any other obviously over the ball / two footed challenge on a standing leg, or stamp. IMo they're much worse than Keano's tackle on Haaland, and all those sorts of challenges went out to hurt the opposition. Think Carragher has even laughed about it since on Sky Sports, but he probably called it 'a bit naughty' though so alls forgiven and forgotten.

Personally If I had to choose any of them on me, I'd probably take Keanos kick to the knee over a lot of other naughty challenges that have been dished out over the years.

Lynn, idea for a new thread - what brutal tackle throughout the history of football would you most like to be on the end of?

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:17 AM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Lynn, idea for a new thread - what brutal tackle throughout the history of football would you most like to be on the end of?

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:27 AM
Sapien

Good one from the bundesliga yesterday

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Keane’s was an absolute maiming ffs Haaland wasn’t exactly a small guy and he near somersaults.

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:45 AM
DuanePipe

Paul Bosvelt's assault on Denis Irwin always struck me as a particularly malevolent piece of shithousery.

I can understand an opposition player wanting to hatchet one of Utd's enforcer types, your Keane's, Vidic's, Stam's, Inces', Chadwick's of this world, but Irwin? You don't do that to Denis Irwin you dirty get.

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Fat Al

As you can clearly see, his foot was trapped & he was obviously just try to free himself.

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:51 AM
jem

"that could easily have been a red card"?

Unread 08-03-2021, 12:35 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
As you can clearly see, his foot was trapped & he was obviously just try to free himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RsB3b4l4c8
The Newcastle player trying to get Lennon off the pitch at the end. Bad for Shearer, but then it is Lennon so not so bad.

This though:

Unread 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i've seen far worse challenges. this wasn't even a foul.

https://youtu.be/SUBDWxaBJig
Eric's was always my favourite

Unread 08-03-2021, 01:05 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Eric's was always my favourite

Absolute king No snide.No "what me ref?" Just straight forward assault. Plus a cheeky jab for one of the players running in

Unread 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Absolute king No snide.No "what me ref?" Just straight forward assault. Plus a cheeky jab for one of the players running in
Love how his teammate takes the brunt of that jab

Unread 08-03-2021, 01:26 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
The Newcastle player trying to get Lennon off the pitch at the end. Bad for Shearer, but then it is Lennon so not so bad.

This though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puB4i8FCw_Q
Well, after he threatened to withdraw from the WC squad that summer if punished, it wasn't bad at all for SoP.

Unread 08-03-2021, 02:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Quote:

This though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puB4i8FCw_Q
£#%&!ing hell, I remember that. Yellow card.

That wasn’t so much a career ender as a life ender.

Unread 08-03-2021, 07:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i've seen far worse challenges. this wasn't even a foul.

https://youtu.be/SUBDWxaBJig
Which was met with pretty universal outrage at the time, of course.

Its their not even being able to punish it retrospectively (ie by banning Schumacher for the final) that was the really ridiculous thing.

Unread 08-03-2021, 09:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Love how his teammate takes the brunt of that jab
@#%&!ting Leeds @#%&!s. He was a United legend before he'd kicked a ball for us.

Unread 08-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
@#%&!ting Leeds @#%&!s. He was a United legend before he'd kicked a ball for us.
That challenge was when he was playing for Auxerre, at the start of his career.

Unread 08-03-2021, 10:03 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
That challenge was when he was playing for Auxerre, at the start of his career.
Fair dos. Just saw the white shirt and assumed Leeds

Unread 09-03-2021, 11:26 AM
Chorlton74

and then there's this whopper.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46058896
Closed Thread