United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2019, 11:49 AM
ziggyman17

Excellent player, scores loads of goals and works hard for the team.. Should be playing for Rep of Ireland, his father is Irish and before Kane hit it big time Ireland refused to cap him at under 21 level. They thought John Walters was a better prospect..

Unread 12-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Ticket to ride, white harry highway
Tell Ed's friends, to bring the boy our way
Pay the toll, sell Rom's soul
Pound for pound, costs more than gold
The longer you stay, the more you'll play
White Hart lane, gone a long way
Either up your nose or through your vein
With nothin' to gain, except killin' your brain
bonkers.

Unread 12-01-2019, 11:51 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d swap him for Lukaku in a heartbeat I hate that £#%&!ing lump
I'd swap Gary £#%&!ing Birtles for Lukaku tbh

Unread 12-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
He is rang-dang-diggidy-dang-a-dang.

Twice as sweet as sugar, twice as bitter as salt. and if you get hooked baby it's nobody else's fault (so don't do it!)

Cane.
It’s a Big Daddy thing. Ain’t no half steppin’ with him.

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
I'd swap Gary £#%&!ing Birtles for Lukaku tbh
Would swap him for Troy Deeney tomorrow ffs

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:04 PM
barca99

Quote:
I have honestly never watched him and thought ‘wow’ at any point. Don’t know what it is, and I know he gets goals etc. But there’s something missing.

Btw, his availability is apparently 0.
With you on this one. Dont really know what he is, is he fast, can he beat players, score screamers? Actually dont know (or care)

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
This. I just don’t understand how anyone can watch this fella and not get it; he’s £#%&!ing outstanding. One of those annoying bastards that does (or tries) the right thing virtually every time, so all he has to do is keep going - and he does- and eventually he’ll hurt you.

As an aside, I believe there’s no amount of money that Levy would deem worth facing the Spurs fans’ wrath at selling this bloke, even if they parlayed the transfer fee into five new players. They tried that once with Bale and failed spectacularly. He would have to publicly announce he wants to leave, and I don’t think he’ll do that. He’s one of their own dontyaknow...
If there is such a thing as an ‘un-transferrable’ player in the Premier league, Kane is it.
Well they didn’t, as those signings were the basis for the current side. Without the Bale sale they’d be a mid table side with a superstar in it.

I don’t see them cashing in on Kane, they may have to if the stadium crushes them financially though. Eriksen already looking at £#%&!ing off for cheap.

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Excellent player, scores loads of goals and works hard for the team.. Should be playing for Rep of Ireland, his father is Irish and before Kane hit it big time Ireland refused to cap him at under 21 level. They thought John Walters was a better prospect..
That’s the thing about Kane, he never looked a top prospect and even his team mates when he went on loan at the likes of Norwich thought he wasn’t that good
Shows if you really work hard at your game you can get to the top

Anyway wouldn’t want him as we could potentially have two local lads become world class forwards so I’d rather give them the chance

Unread 12-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
This. I just don’t understand how anyone can watch this fella and not get it; he’s £#%&!ing outstanding. One of those annoying bastards that does (or tries) the right thing virtually every time, so all he has to do is keep going - and he does- and eventually he’ll hurt you.

As an aside, I believe there’s no amount of money that Levy would deem worth facing the Spurs fans’ wrath at selling this bloke, even if they parlayed the transfer fee into five new players. They tried that once with Bale and failed spectacularly. He would have to publicly announce he wants to leave, and I don’t think he’ll do that. He’s one of their own dontyaknow...
If there is such a thing as an ‘un-transferrable’ player in the Premier league, Kane is it.
Of course, he might not have any choice.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Of course, he might not have any choice.
Set the price at 250 million and see if anyone is daft enough to pay it.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Kent Brockman

Money has no meaning any more in the transfer market. Spend whatever it takes to tickle Levy's ego. £150m, £200m, whatever. Better than buying a couple of Lukakus or Freds. Get rid of Young, Jones and
Sanchez and give him £500k a week. If we're serious about being the best again then just get it done.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:10 PM
TheFatGoth

He's Spurs till I die

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:13 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
Money has no meaning any more in the transfer market. Spend whatever it takes to tickle Levy's ego. £150m, £200m, whatever. Better than buying a couple of Lukakus or Freds. Get rid of Young, Jones and
Sanchez and give him £500k a week. If we're serious about being the best again then just get it done.
Scoring goals isn’t our issue
We need to sort the defense and midfield as a priority in the summer

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
He's Spurs till I die
Oh bloody hell he is spurs for seven days, three hours and nineteen minutes?

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Well they didn’t, as those signings were the basis for the current side. Without the Bale sale they’d be a mid table side with a superstar in it.
Eriksen; who else? Not Lamela surely.

Didn’t the rest all get bombed out and Villas-Boas the sack?

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:

Vertonghen was around then wasn’t he?

Soldado was the huge flop

Either way, they’ve only improved since then.

Unread 12-01-2019, 01:52 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Literally only Eriksen. Lamela, Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado the others signed for big money then

Unread 12-01-2019, 02:08 PM
Buck

Quote:
Vertonghen was around then wasn’t he?

Soldado was the huge flop

Either way, they’ve only improved since then.
Vertonghen played left back in his early days. Scored at OT when they won in Fergie's last season.

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Oh bloody hell he is spurs for seven days, three hours and nineteen minutes?
nearly seven days and nineteen minutes pal

Tick tok

ask not for whom the bell tolls

It tolls for THEE

'ndthat

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Scoring goals isn’t our issue
We need to sort the defense and midfield as a priority in the summer
It has been a major issue for the past 5 years tbf. One that I wouldn't say is rectified.
Closed Thread