United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2018, 12:31 AM
92ToBury

End of March and we're still in CL and FA Cup, he can have it. Not that I ask for much.

Unread 31-12-2018, 12:39 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Beat Liverpool in the CL final and name Old Trafford after him.

Ole Trafford

Do something really cool too like have Utd sponsor a nuke and blow up Anfield in his honour
Ahem.

Unread 31-12-2018, 12:44 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I'm counting on lunar fragments falling on the city of Liverpool and killing everybody and everything in it.
Couldn't just go with moon pieces, eh Professor?
:£#%&!er:

Unread 31-12-2018, 12:45 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Although his "Act of God" so £#%&! your compo is a fantastic angle. Fair play Pop.

Unread 31-12-2018, 12:51 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
who says "moon pieces"? no one. no one.

Unread 31-12-2018, 01:01 AM
Drexl

I'd actually order "moon pieces" if it was on a dessert menu, but that's just FYI

Unread 31-12-2018, 01:06 AM
armchair

i heard people were selling moon pieces.

first question, do you accept bitcoin.?

second question will you accept some coin i just made up and what is the current exchange rate?

Unread 31-12-2018, 01:52 AM
Sparky***

Let's not get carried away eh? Newcastle are just the type of team, managed by just the type of manager to come along and piss on our chips on Wednesday.

As much as i love watching us play with freedom going forward - our utter inability to defend set-pieces and keep clean sheets is a more pressing concern.

I'm fully expecting us to make Rondon look like a prime Adriano and Shelvey look like a bald Pirlo.

Unread 31-12-2018, 01:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Still loads and loads of time for stuff to happen that will influence decisions on Ole Gunnar.

I love everything about what he's done so far, but let's see how we react to defeats under him, and indeed how we are getting on in a couple of months during that brutal fixture list in Feb-March.

Unread 31-12-2018, 02:01 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Still loads and loads of time for stuff to happen that will influence decisions on Ole Gunnar.

I love everything about what he's done so far, but let's see how we react to defeats under him, and indeed how we are getting on in a couple of months during that brutal fixture list in Feb-March.
Indeed. Even Fulham managed to keep a clean sheet this weekend.

The only teams that have conceded more goals than us after 20 games are the bottom 5.

Unread 31-12-2018, 02:08 AM
tatty

We're in the phase after you've finally dumped the most mental girlfriend in the world and started seeing someone 'normal'.

They seem like the greatest thing on earth.

Unread 31-12-2018, 02:14 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Indeed. Even Fulham managed to keep a clean sheet this weekend.

The only teams that have conceded more goals than us after 20 games are the bottom 5.
We still look vulnerable defensively. Today our defending set pieces was a million miles away from convincing. Not too far from now we'll be playing Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani, Aguero, KdB, Sterling, Salah, Mane, Auabameyang etc all in the space of about three weeks

Unread 31-12-2018, 02:22 AM
Neo

Quote:
We still look vulnerable defensively. Today our defending set pieces was a million miles away from convincing. Not too far from now we'll be playing Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani, Aguero, KdB, Sterling, Salah, Mane, Auabameyang etc all in the space of about three weeks
Think those teams will also be getting wary about the prospect of playing the likes of Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Alexis and Lukaku.

Not saying we’re guaranteed to get anything from any of those games, but I’m confident we’ll play the United way and attack.

Actually looking forward to all those fixtures, which is something I never would have said under the previous @#%&!.

Unread 31-12-2018, 02:27 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah, i think you saw again today with the Bailly sending off that whilst we have defenders that possess talent, they are for some reason prone to moments of utter idiocy and complacency.

It's frustrating because we could have easily won that game 5-0 today with just a tad more composure and defensive nous.

Unread 31-12-2018, 02:55 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Think those teams will also be getting wary about the prospect of playing the likes of Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Alexis and Lukaku.

Not saying we’re guaranteed to get anything from any of those games, but I’m confident we’ll play the United way and attack.

Actually looking forward to all those fixtures, which is something I never would have said under the previous @#%&!.
Absolutely looking forward to them. Part of this is I don't want us to build Ole up too much.

One game at a time at the moment and let's just enjoy them as they come.

Unread 31-12-2018, 03:09 AM
Stickman

My gut feeling is he will end up getting it, can see Pochettino staying at Spurs and us knocking out PSG (which would go some way to the decision imo).

Unread 31-12-2018, 03:21 AM
dunk

Way too early to be thinking about Ole as permanent man. Cracking audition thus far though. Be interesting to see what he’s allowed to do, or does do, in Jan. Doubt it will be much, but could be telling..

Just wonder what the plan will be should Pochettino opt for a stay at Spurs or choose a trip to Madrid, assuming he’s plan A obviously.

Unread 31-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Foot2ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
My gut feeling is he will end up getting it, can see Pochettino staying at Spurs and us knocking out PSG (which would go some way to the decision imo).
A new stadium and a project to bring the Spurs to the limelight that he was the architect of, being so close, it will be hard to quit that and in the end could be the SAF of the Spurs. So yeah, there is a very good chance of that not happening of us getting Poch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Be interesting to see what he’s allowed to do, or does do, in Jan. Doubt it will be much, but could be telling..

Nothing is going to happen. All of Moanrinho's targets are off the transfer board. He sucks at finding rough gems, and why he is so hard up for pedigree. So most likely all the names that moanrinho put on his board is a no go.

Besides, things are going well and the team chemistry is beginning to mix into a high octane product... so why bring in a potential caustic element when our team psyche is still settling in. Don't need to bring in the element of no confidence to our players now when there isn't a league title to win. With 8 point off of 4th, that is a good carrot for this current team to go after. The camaraderie will be huge going into the next season if they do succeed in getting into the CL, that no money can buy.

Unread 31-12-2018, 09:12 AM
saffers

Quote:
The space Bournemouth had was frightening at times. Whether people like it or not we'll have to tighten things up for those games. People seem to forget how conservative ferie played away at big european sides and top 4 sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2ball
A new stadium and a project to bring the Spurs to the limelight that he was the architect of, being so close, it will be hard to quit that and in the end could be the SAF of the Spurs. So yeah, there is a very good chance of that not happening of us getting Poch.

Nothing is going to happen. All of Moanrinho's targets are off the transfer board. He sucks at finding rough gems, and why he is so hard up for pedigree. So most likely all the names that moanrinho put on his board is a no go.

Besides, things are going well and the team chemistry is beginning to mix into a high octane product... so why bring in a potential caustic element when our team psyche is still settling in. Don't need to bring in the element of no confidence to our players now when there isn't a league title to win. With 8 point off of 4th, that is a good carrot for this current team to go after. The camaraderie will be huge going into the next season if they do succeed in getting into the CL, that no money can buy.
Dalot is a rough gem. Lindeløf is a rough gem, as is Bailly despite his recent troubles. Hopefully Fred fulfils his potential aswell. Obviously doesn't fit with the rewriting of history we're witnessing on here.

Unread 31-12-2018, 09:59 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Absolutely looking forward to them. Part of this is I don't want us to build Ole up too much.

One game at a time at the moment and let's just enjoy them as they come.
This all day long. Let’s enjoy these moments fo sho but we’re way off being a top team and basically still have a squad with the likes of jones, smalling, rojo, young, Valencia, lingard, darmian etc. A seam of shit running through it.

Would love Ole to prove himself and take us forward but it’s a huge ask of someone so inexperienced.

Anyway, Newcastle away will be a test and that’s a place that most top teams will expect to get all 3 points easily. And then we’ve got Tottenham.

We’ll see what the mood is like after those two.
Closed Thread