United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2019, 11:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's no better now than when he made his first team debut FOUR years ago.

170 first team appearances later can anyone tell me what part of his game is better now than in 2015?
Instagram.

Unread 28-04-2019, 11:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Instagram.

'Rashy'

Unread 28-04-2019, 11:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

'Rashy'
I thought that was in reference to his finishing.

Unread 28-04-2019, 11:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I thought that was in reference to his finishing.
you meant 'finishing' right

Unread 28-04-2019, 11:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
you meant 'finishing' right
Well the move certainly finishes, I’ll give him that...

Unread 28-04-2019, 11:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Well the move certainly finishes, I’ll give him that...
don't worry he'll come good like big Danny NoGoals did

Unread 29-04-2019, 07:55 AM
windy waffles

Why does he still take free kicks?

Can only think of one free kick he has scored from and that's it.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:21 AM
puressence

he hasnt looked him self since that tackle v liverpool was flying prior to it ... been mentioned before how many top clubs or norla clubs have a 21 year old leading the line week in week out ..

Unread 29-04-2019, 10:55 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
That's just %@#$&!s.
Except its not.

One of our better and more promising players no doubt but not good enough to lead the line, maybe in the future he will be.

Its not his fault he is being tasked with that job at such a young age it once again shows how poor the club is been run.

So many average £#%&!ing players its untrue.

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The spaces between Liverpool's players is very small, same with City. They link-up well, they create space for one another on the ball. Have a look at the Ajax team at the moment and see how they link up between positions, there's always options for the man on the ball.

Contrast that with us. Watching us, our players are miles apart, sometimes isolated against 2-3 opposing players. We're forced into long, inaccurate passes, usually in areas where the opposition are comfortable defending.

When we "press" if you can even call it that, we'll have one player jogging towards the ball, who is then easily bypassed.

We also must be the most passive team without the ball in the top half of the table, easily. We retreat to the edge of our own 18 yard box, keep our shape and we allow the opposition to do pretty much whatever they like, they have time to pass, time to carry the ball, time to get shots off. There's zero pressure on the ball.

We are the total antithesis of what the best teams play right now.

This is painfully true.

I've watched far too much Manchester City recently.

Total belief in what they're doing. Every player with a seemingly clear picture in their head of what they want to do. Aggressive pressing. Players happy to give and receive the ball under pressure. Options on the ball.

Most of all they are patient in the belief that what they are doing will come good and they work like £#%&!ing dogs to achieve it.

They didn't panic at all yesterday or against us. Just managed the game. Kept doing what they do and knew it would come good for them.

As you say, the polar opposite of us.

We went from strolling around from minutes 45-80 yesterday and then spent 10 minutes panicking. Our attempts to pile on the pressure in those last few minutes yesterday were £#%&!ing pathetic. Really amateurish stuff.

We desperately need a break, a full pre season and about a ten player turnover.

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Baron

His control is shambolic, the amount of times he trips over the ball or leaves it behind are pathetic for someone who has the talent he does, it is just concentration or overplaying. He's also timid in the air, basically as a no.9 he lacks some of the fundamentals (right now). However he can be built into a top quality one, he's shown plenty of promise, but you can't do that when you create £#%&! all throughout the rest of the side. He's not Mbappe levels of talent that means he plays every game, he's not going to be stunted in his development if we bought another quality striker & got shot of Lukaku.

United have Rashford, Martial, Greenwood all vying for forward positions, we need 2 other pacey, goalscoring forwards that can play fluid, interchangeable football at the front of a 4-3-3 so we can rotate and mix and match.

Selling Sanchez, Mata, Lukaku & dropping Lingard from any semblance of a starting XI is a start.

Replacing them with young, quick goalscoring players like Joao Felix, Luka Jovic, Jadon Sancho etc isn't that hard.

Competition for places, a playing style that reflects the talent we have, and a formation the players are drilled in... £#%&!ing rocket science isn't it.

Unread 29-04-2019, 12:34 PM
utd99

It appears the longer he has to make a decision, the worse the decision gets. Hopefully that is an age thing. If I were him I’d focus ONLY on what Solskjaer was telling him and block everything else out. His attitude seems good, his execution needs some work.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Buck

He's the same age now that Kane was when he burst on the scene. So Rashford is miles ahead in development. It doesn't stop here but just some perspective. Though I do wish he'd step away from free kicks.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:18 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's the same age now that Kane was when he burst on the scene. So Rashford is miles ahead in development. It doesn't stop here but just some perspective. Though I do wish he'd step away from free kicks.
And will never be as good...

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He must bag a lot of free-kicks in training for him to pull rank so often.

Although the fact nobody else can hit a free-kick could come into it too. Hence Young taking plenty from wider areas.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:27 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Except its not.

One of our better and more promising players no doubt but not good enough to lead the line, maybe in the future he will be.

Its not his fault he is being tasked with that job at such a young age it once again shows how poor the club is been run.

So many average £#%&!ing players its untrue.
You said he'd have been £#%&!ed off if he wasn't from Manchester. Which is %@#$&!s.

He's the best forward currently at the club. That's why he plays.

The current state of the club has nothing to do with what you posted.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I always find these comparisons incredibly lazy. A player's trajectory isn't in some linear line.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:29 PM
plopborsky

we want to bring through young players and when they go through a tough patch we turn on them

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he hasnt looked him self since that tackle v liverpool was flying prior to it ... been mentioned before how many top clubs or norla clubs have a 21 year old leading the line week in week out ..
Indeed.

Since then he's only played ten games. Scored in three of them. So we're really talking about a drop-off over six or seven matches. I don't think anyone is really concerned about him. Hopefully a good summer rest, pre-season geared around us actually pressing the ball and he'll be sharp in August. Next season is a big one for him. Has the manager's confidence; will be turning 22; time to make another step.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:39 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed.

Since then he's only played ten games. Scored in three of them. So we're really talking about a drop-off over six or seven matches. I don't think anyone is really concerned about him. Hopefully a good summer rest, pre-season geared around us actually pressing the ball and he'll be sharp in August. Next season is a big one for him. Has the manager's confidence; will be turning 22; time to make another step.
Could say that for a lot of them.

And then by late August....
Closed Thread