United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
I disagree but I can’t be arsed arguing with you when you have such a hard on.
Because you are inherently and comically wrong on the subject of de Gea and replacing him. It's fine.

I know everyone hates me and I've been saying it for ages like a broken record, but I'm absolutely 100% correct on this issue.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
‘Lucky it was straight at him..’

Just £#%&! off.

It’s not. Any even halfway competent keeper would be better. Before the Liverpool nightmare, Hendo had done for him, we were miles better without him and he was a gonner that summer but for Henderson getting Covid.

Henderson isn’t a long term solution, but he’s better than de Gea.
Not sure why you're bringing that cap wearing @#%&! into this tbh, he's even worse.

DDG hasn't been good enough for a long time and tonight has simply underlined it. All the uncertainty in the defense stems from him and is simply compounded when we have either lindelof or - even worse - maguire in there.

He's just a massive @#%&!.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Not sure why you're bringing that cap wearing @#%&! into this tbh, he's even worse.

DDG hasn't been good enough for a long time and tonight has simply underlined it. All the uncertainty in the defense stems from him and is simply compounded when we have either lindelof or - even worse - maguire in there.

He's just a massive @#%&!.
Purely because he's £#%&!, but we still looked better with him in there rather than de Gea and they knew it behind the scenes.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:09 PM
Ethers

I £#%&!ing hate DDG right now, but “the team improved immeasurably with Henderson” what?! When the £#%&! was this exactly? Genuinely feel like I’m missing something….

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
I £#%&!ing hate DDG right now, but “the team improved immeasurably with Henderson” what?! When the £#%&! was this exactly? Genuinely feel like I’m missing something….
You are. It was the consensus at the time. Then he had his shit show v Liverpool and was effectively fired into the sun. De Gea remained to put in shit show after shit show.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

All the uncertainty in a defence that contains Maguire and lindleof is down to De Gea?

Right.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
All the uncertainty in a defence that contains Maguire and lindleof is down to De Gea?

Right.
Basically. Maguire is a huge catalyst. Varane and Martinez excel by virtue of just keeping the ball away from de Gea as much as possible and being able to deal with his shocking distribution. But the poor defence, susceptibility to set pieces and ability to concede soft as £#%&! goals pre-dates Maguire and Lindelof.. not de Gea.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Right.
Erm no , the passing to slab when he should have gone wide or over the top.

The slow motion foot movement for a looping header

Or the first touch that would have made berbatov proud….

The defence was horrid but so was he . All three goals can be attributed to his mistakes. He’s been getting away with it because he’s a good shot stopper for the last few years.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:19 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Surprised we’re not in for Mendy given the Ajax connection and Chelsea needing to shift players

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:19 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s a £#%&!ing disgrace
A gutless coward who we should have moved on from 4 or 5 years ago
350k a week that is criminal

If ETH sticks with Dave next season and gives him a new contract then for the first time I will start to have serious reservations about ETH
It’s that important we get rid of him

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:23 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Erm no , the passing to slab when he should have gone wide or over the top.

The slow motion foot movement for a looping header

Or the first touch that would have made berbatov proud….

The defence was horrid but so was he . All three goals can be attributed to his mistakes. He’s been getting away with it because he’s a good shot stopper for the last few years.
I’m not on about tonight. He was shocking. A defence that contains those two dicks is always going to be under pressure. When the three combine it can be shambolic and has been for years.

Thought Martinez and varanne brought the best out of de Gea whilst still not covering his deficiencies. But Maguire and lindleof are shambolic defenders and would cause problems for the best keeper in the world - whoever that is.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Right.
They all bring the worst out of each other because none of them are good enough. Good players raise others, bad ones drag them down and those three should not be playing for us.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:25 PM
dunk

Lindelof is fine as 3rd choice, he's in an impossible situation next to Microwave Barry and with the ghost in the goal behind him.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:27 PM
The taste of...

Leighton him for Sunday the rest of the season then out the door

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Lindelof is fine as 3rd choice, he's in an impossible situation next to Microwave Barry and with the ghost in the goal behind him.
Didn't think he did too much wrong tonight considering. None of the goals were on him anyway and he's enough on his plate doing his own job without babysitting those two victory-dodging £#%&!wits.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:30 PM
Travis Bickle

Most clean sheets from any United keeper, ever.

Most clean sheets in the PL this year.

And yet you lot want to crucify him. Shame on you all.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
Didn't think he did too much wrong tonight considering. None of the goals were on him anyway and he's enough on his plate doing his own job without babysitting those two victory-dodging £#%&!wits.
He generally doesn't do much wrong, unless he's been exposed by one of the halfwits around him. I don't want him starting regularly, but I don't panic when he's playing. I panic when Maguire's in the team.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:31 PM
puressence

The Southampton keeper is the sort of keeper Erik would like. Brilliant with his feet young can be coached and had pep has his coach before city sold him

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
Most clean sheets from any United keeper, ever.

Most clean sheets in the PL this year.

And yet you lot want to crucify him. Shame on you all.
See, it's this sort of shit that has us in this position. £#%&! off.

andyroo

Quote:
He generally doesn't do much wrong, unless he's been exposed by one of the halfwits around him. I don't want him starting regularly, but I don't panic when he's playing. I panic when Maguire's in the team.
The team panics when Maguire's in the team. That's the problem.