Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:06 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Erik Ten Hag “We have a plan”

Direct quote.

Can we see it?

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:10 AM
NedKelly

Is the plan to get sacked? If so, it’s being masterfully implemented.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:12 AM
Zorg

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:13 AM
VanHaaksbergen

It was dismissed on here at the time, but skipping Sir Bobby's funeral to go back to Holland during int'l break will have done him no favours at all. What with that and now falling out with Varane to add to Sancho, as well as the frictions with Maguire/DDG/McTomers/Ronaldo etc at various points (some merited; some not), one would think he has few allies at the club what with Jim coming in and hopefully turning the whole board over.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:26 AM
Chris Quayd

No pleasing some people, would you rather he didn’t make a plan for relegation?

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:28 AM
Dr Stranger

I think he has a vision. A plan suggests a route to getting there. That I’m becoming increasingly doubtful about.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:28 AM
Jack Duckworth

He needs Bunks to go public with his backing imo.

The man can't even grow hair. Can we really trust him to grow Manchester United Football Club?

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:31 AM
My Name is Heath

12% of a plan?

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
It was dismissed on here at the time, but skipping Sir Bobby's funeral to go back to Holland during int'l break will have done him no favours at all. What with that and now falling out with Varane to add to Sancho, as well as the frictions with Maguire/DDG/McTomers/Ronaldo etc at various points (some merited; some not), one would think he has few allies at the club what with Jim coming in and hopefully turning the whole board over.
Really good point tbf.

Hard not to think that 7th place, a group stage CL exit, 11 defeats and 33 goals conceded could have been avoided if he’d just laid down a wreath.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:37 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Really good point tbf.

Hard not to think that 7th place, a group stage CL exit, 11 defeats and 33 goals conceded could have been avoided if he’d just laid down a wreath.

It's all about sending a message.

ETH hides better than Anne Frank. He's a bald fraud.

Our desire to see a sagey Dutch sage has blinded us to the truth.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:41 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

It's all about sending a message.

ETH hides better than Anne Frank. He's a bald fraud.

Our desire to see a sagey Dutch sage has blinded us to the truth.
What’s the message?

Seems like he’s attempted to send plenty of messages since he’s arrived and none of it seems to be working

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:10 AM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
What’s the message?
By flying back to Holland for a holiday instead of joining the hundreds of faces from the clubs glorious past? That he doesn't give a £#%&! about the United way.

Nuances lost on you, but given you're a "big fan" despite railing off the list of inadequacies, I'll add that when the football is demonstratively the worst in a half century, the least you can do is ingratiate yourself with the personalities who have paved the United way. Not £#%&!ing off back to Holland and leaving Maguire & Jonny Evans as the senior representatives.

This is the reverse of the "If I hadn't seen such riches .." tag line. If the back end of Mourinho + Ole's tenures (latter was impinged upon far more heavily than Erik's has been) had not been so dire, there'd be absolutely no question at all as to the alienating wreck that Erik is presiding over.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
By flying back to Holland for a holiday instead of joining the hundreds of faces from the clubs glorious past? That he doesn't give a £#%&! about the United way.

Nuances lost on you, but given you're a "big fan" despite railing off the list of inadequacies, I'll add that when the football is demonstratively the worst in a half century, the least you can do is ingratiate yourself with the personalities who have paved the United way. Not £#%&!ing off back to Holland and leaving Maguire & Jonny Evans as the senior representatives.

This is the reverse of the "If I hadn't seen such riches .." tag line. If the back end of Mourinho + Ole's tenures (latter was impinged upon far more heavily than Erik's has been) had not been so dire, there'd be absolutely no question at all as to the alienating wreck that Erik is presiding over.
You’d had saved yourself a lot of bother with the ‘big fan’ remark if you also went on to read the word ‘but’ shortly afterwards.

But at least you understand the nuance.

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:08 AM
Denis Irwell

If Martial was told to make a run, he’d probably ask “when”?

If Rashford was told to track his man, he’d probably say “why me”!

If Bissaka was told to watch the runner in his rb area, he wouldn’t know where that was

Fundamental things that 99% of this forum could carry out but not these professional players. Sack the manager and then watch it all happen over again with the next one. Numerous, glaring incidents/errors every match. I’ve seen shit players even at the level that I played at, deal with hoofing a ball clear, make a tackle or God forbid, a run. You can plan all you like but but when they can’t be arsed…

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:13 AM
poppy

Get Pep in.

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Get Pep in.
You think he’ll leave his dream job and banking 500m+ p/w to come and work for these leeches? (I don’t just mean Rashford and Martial but even the Glazers)

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:45 AM
croady26

He is sounded just as deluded as that Marcel from Utd View (Utd version of Ty from AFTV)

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:51 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
He is sounded just as deluded as that Marcel from Utd View (Utd version of Ty from AFTV)
Thanks for clearing that up

Unread 03-12-2023, 04:23 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Thanks for clearing that up
Check it out you will see what I mean

Unread 03-12-2023, 07:02 AM
westcoastvan

The plan is depressing me.

The club is reverting back to Ole's starting 11.
8 of the starting 11 were all Ole regulars today.

Maguire & Lindelof as the center back pairing & The Scottish Player running around the pitch. Mind as well just bring Fred back.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.