United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2021, 10:51 AM
dunk

It really is that obvious.

I watched Milan last night and Kessie and Tonali weren’t tear arsing all over the place, they were just in the right place time and time again, doing simple things well. Only Matic and maybe Beek are currently capable of that, but Matic can’t run when required and £#%&! knows on Beek.

Unread 04-10-2021, 10:57 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Already posted in here in May.

NFT.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/stat...759654913?s=20
I’d love him as part of the coaching staff. You’d want someone different as manager, a calmer figure, but The Scottish Player and Fred definitely wouldn’t survive under him and you can guarantee he’d have them all working their %@#$&!s off.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:00 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Already posted in here in May.

NFT.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/stat...759654913?s=20
We still shouldn’t look like a disjointed mess from back to front.

Arguably the best group of attacking players in Europe and a very solid back four on paper

Sick of all then excuses tbh.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:14 AM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
a decent manager could make a functional midfield from our squad.

liverpools midfield is functional. not great. just functional. between Fred, mctoninay , vdb, matic and pogba we could have a better midfield if we set up them in the right way.

the midfields that outplay us week in and week out are not better than us, they just know what they are doing and have a manager on the touchline to bark out any instructions that are needed.

we have Carrick, ole and that other gormless #@&%! discussing absolute rubbish on in the dugout.

we aren't a midfielder or two away from challenging we are a good manager away.

pep would win us the league, give city squad to ole and you'd see exactly what you see with us.
all this defensive midfielder needed, city play with just Rodri who is average. he doesn't even start for a very week Spain team. so its the way we are setup, the way we press(or don't press) not necessarily Fred and The Scottish Players fault.
I used to just laugh at your predictable posts (both timing and content), but the effort you have expended here must have been taxing for you, especially as you actually add nothing new to anything you have blurted out before.

Guardiola would instantly turn us into world beaters? We need someone to bark out orders? Klopp? Conte? That sniffy finger German guy? Zidane? Wenger? Poch? Dyche? Fat Sam?

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:19 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It really is that obvious.

I watched Milan last night and Kessie and Tonali weren’t tear arsing all over the place, they were just in the right place time and time again, doing simple things well. Only Matic and maybe Beek are currently capable of that, but Matic can’t run when required and £#%&! knows on Beek.

henderson and fabinho aren't the most talented or particularly great but they do their job that has been assigned to them by the manager.

the manager has moulded them in his vision and they do the job that is required.

if you were trying to piece together a team you wouldn't ask for those two, the same way if you were doing the same you wouldn't envision only having Rodri as your lone defensive midfielder.
its the managers that set up the team and make things work.

the way we blame our squad for everything you'd think ole needs a super team with perfection in every position to challenge.

our problems are all ole. from how to set up the team, how to get the best out of certain niche players and how to manage games and make changes at the right time.

our squad is fine.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Ethers

Things started going downhill when people started calling them £#%&!ing McFred imo.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:21 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
I used to just laugh at your predictable posts (both timing and content), but the effort you have expended here must have been taxing for you, especially as you actually add nothing new to anything you have blurted out before.

Guardiola would instantly turn us into world beaters? We need someone to bark out orders? Klopp? Conte? That sniffy finger German guy? Zidane? Wenger? Poch? Dyche? Fat Sam?
you used to laugh my posts?
not sure who you are or why you think id care about how you take in my posts.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:22 AM
jem

it's not decent midfielders or a decent manager. it's both.

fred will look like a lightweight who passes to the opposition in any system, but our players (from front to back) lack discipline. if we had smart midfielders, they would improve the way we play. but you need someone dictating what happens when one or both of the fullbacks bomb forward or whether it is ok for our forwards just to wait for the ball to be played up, rather than covering back or closing down.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:24 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
henderson and fabinho aren't the most talented or particularly great but they do their job that has been assigned to them by the manager.

the manager has moulded them in his vision and they do the job that is required.

if you were trying to piece together a team you wouldn't ask for those two, the same way if you were doing the same you wouldn't envision only having Rodri as your lone defensive midfielder.
its the managers that set up the team and make things work.

the way we blame our squad for everything you'd think ole needs a super team with perfection in every position to challenge.

our problems are all ole. from how to set up the team, how to get the best out of certain niche players and how to manage games and make changes at the right time.

our squad is fine.
Are you wumming? I’m genuinely not sure as Fabinho and Rodri would waltz into our midfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's not decent midfielders or a decent manager. it's both.

fred will look like a lightweight who passes to the opposition in any system, but our players (from front to back) lack discipline. if we had smart midfielders, they would improve the way we play. but you need someone dictating what happens when one or both of the fullbacks bomb forward or whether it is ok for our forwards just to wait for the ball to be played up, rather than covering back or closing down.
Jem bang on as usual. When is the man not right?

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:35 AM
dunk

Fabinho not that talented

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:36 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
One of the worst opinions I’ve ever read on here tbh. I was gutted when he signed for them.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:44 AM
dunk

Marlo completely ignoring the fact that Pep signed all but Fernandinho of the current squad? (Sterling and de Bruyne had his sticky fingers all over them before he even arrived), basically ditched as many as he could within a year.

Kloppo signed all but Henderson? Is that right?

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Part 36 Offer

I kind of get what Marlo is saying; he has a valid point. Pogba, Vdb, The Scottish Player, Matic and Fred aren't terrible options (far from it in fact) nor are Henderson, Jones, Milner, Keita, Fabinho etc the best midfield the world has ever seen. Our midfield situation should not be as inept as it is. I am pro Ole but Marlo is right; the performances are diabolical in that area. They should be coached so much better. We have some of the best forward players in Europe and our first choice back four is as good as any imo. Any top footballer can be coached to do a job imo; there is a problem that ours for some reason cannot.

Why didn't Fred just put the £#%&!ing ball into the crowd on Saturday?!! That stupidity cost us the match. I would never let the @#%&! wear the shirt again, tbh. He is £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Klopp got them to back to back Champions League finals before they signed Fabinho tbf. We shouldn’t need world beaters in every position to see a vast improvement on what we’re seeing. We’ve two defensive miss starting, if we can’t put together a system that at the very least stops utter carthorses from walking through us every week then something is very wrong.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:50 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Klopp got them to back to back Champions League finals before they signed Fabinho tbf. We shouldn’t need world beaters in every position to see a vast improvement on what we’re seeing. We’ve two defensive miss starting, if we can’t put together a system that at the very least stops utter carthorses from walking through us every week then something is very wrong.
Exactly.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:50 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
.....Fred aren't terrible options (far from it in fact) .......

Why didn't Fred just put the £#%&!ing ball into the crowd on Saturday?!! That stupidity cost us the match. I would never let the @#%&! wear the shirt again, tbh. He is £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:55 AM
dunk

The performance on Saturday while unspectacular was completely undermined by an absolute horror of a basic error by Fred. That’s it. He had similar nightmares at Wolves and Southampton off the top of my head. The manager isn’t telling him to be a lightweight brainless #@&%!.

The Scottish Player is off form but also still only 3 games back from an Op, so I’m giving him a bit of leeway.

Matic can’t play 90 minutes, nevermind 3 times a week.

Beek is just an unknown quantity at this point.

So basically, yeah, they are just about the worst options. Midfield wise, in the too half off the PL, we’re the worst nqat. And that’s without the enigma that is Pogba £#%&!ing shit up.

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
As a group you clueless old @#%&!

Unread 04-10-2021, 11:58 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yep.

Unread 04-10-2021, 12:00 PM
NedKelly

Put it this way - if Ole left tomorrow, I wouldn’t want the next manager seeing what he can do with Fred and The Scottish Player if it’s anything other than euthanising the useless @#%&!s.
Closed Thread