United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2021, 11:57 AM
utd99

We should be helping ourselves by not expecting him to be good at things we know he’s shit at. Make the most of his attributes and mitigate his weaknesses, especially on the edge of our own box facing goal.

Unread 16-05-2021, 12:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We should be helping ourselves by not expecting him to be good at things we know he’s shit at.
I’m not sure expecting a footballer to be at least proficient with a football is asking a lot tbf.

Unread 16-05-2021, 01:37 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

To think utd paid £47 mill for Fred when Leicester paid £32 for Tielemans, our scouting set up wants shooting. Tielemans had won numerous awards, got player of the year when Anderlecht won the league and our lot only notice when he pitches up at Leicester and scores the winner in an FA cup final

Unread 16-05-2021, 01:58 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
To think utd paid £47 mill for Fred when Leicester paid £32 for Tielemans, our scouting set up wants shooting. Tielemans had won numerous awards, got player of the year when Anderlecht won the league and our lot only notice when he pitches up at Leicester and scores the winner in an FA cup final
we are run like a championship club. he already had a year on loan in leicester before they signed him. Kante left for 36 million. The issue is our club isnt run in the interest of football.

Theres incompetence and theres also not giving a shit to challenge for the best. Fred no doubt would have cost something silly like 15-20 million upfront with loads of add-ons.

woodward can say he signed a player for 50 mill, shakhtar get their money in installments and the club can look like theyre spending money.

no joke, i wouldnt be surprised if we barely had a scouting department and it consisted off a handful of scouts giving names to woodward and matt judge who then go and look at a piece of paper with the player profile and choose which player they can get for the cheapest or which player " boosts the brand".

jose would never have signed Fred in a million years, never ever. it also looks like the same for VDB, ole clearly didnt want him otherwise he would have played more. im sure LVG wasnt happy with his recruitment. We are a club with parasite owners and a clown running it with ed woodward.

Unread 17-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We should be helping ourselves by not expecting him to be good at things we know he’s shit at. Make the most of his attributes and mitigate his weaknesses, especially on the edge of our own box facing goal.

Unread 17-05-2021, 07:09 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:34 PM
AK14

Fred looks even worse without Mctommers holding his hand and babysitting.

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Fred looks even worse without Mctommers holding his hand and babysitting.
Yep.

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:39 PM
ZiggyStardust

I don’t think I’ve seen a player get bullied by another player like Fred was by Traore today
He’ll be having nightmares about him for several nights to come

Can’t believe a club of our stature has such a poor midfield

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:59 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
He was brilliant against us in the europa league before he moved to them and he was a teenager , was obvious he was gonna be a cracking player although I think Dendoncker played brilliant that game too and he’s a lemon

Unread 29-08-2021, 07:44 PM
d_knight

Fred, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Jones and Martial all have to go.

For their own wellbeing as much as ours.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Fred, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Jones and Martial all have to go.

For their own wellbeing as much as ours.
Mata has a coaching post at United awaiting, he surely has to retire as a player next summer though.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:33 PM
My Name is Heath

Posted elsewhere but Lindelof is the solution.

Doe he tackle?
Does he pass the ball?
Is he weaker in the air than the Libyan Air Force when the Americans bombed them?

He’s dishy and he would answer more questions than the Chaser on a 3hr edition.

When fit, Lindelof., The Scottish Player Jones, Fred and Captain Beeky should be able to get the ball to the front 4 Zesty players and job is done.

Unread 29-08-2021, 10:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Posted elsewhere but Lindelof is the solution.
As jem is wont to say "no, soz".

Unread 30-08-2021, 12:53 PM
Coracao

Tbf, Tielemans wasn't that good at Monaco. In fact, he was labelled as one of the worst signings in the league

Unread 30-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Whip Hubley

I don't like this thread, purely because it lumps The Scottish Player in with him. The Scottish Player can actually play football.

Unread 19-09-2021, 03:39 PM
AK14

Fred is getting worse

Matic may well be in his 50’s but he has to start in place of Fred after that.

Or why not give Donny a run in that position, because I just can’t believe he’ll be that much worse than Fred.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:02 PM
believe

I’ve defended Fred because I’ve got a soft spot for players who play like they actually give a £#%&! but that only works if what you are doing is more good than bad. Doesn’t have to be world class or even great but it has to be good.

I know it’s early in the season and he’s been thrown under the bus slightly with the injury to The Scottish Player but since the Leeds game he’s been doing more bad than good.

The Scottish Player was just as bad today btw and gave the ball away just as many times but he’s just come back from injury and looked a bit £#%&!ed come the second half.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’ve defended Fred because I’ve got a soft spot for players who play like they actually give a f*** but that only works if what you are doing is more good than bad. Doesn’t have to be world class or even great but it has to be good.

I know it’s early in the season and he’s been thrown under the bus slightly with the injury to The Scottish Player but since the Leeds game he’s been doing more bad than good.

The Scottish Player was just as bad today btw and gave the ball away just as many times but he’s just come back from injury and looked a bit f***ed come the second half.
Think The Scottish Player can hold his own much more in the center though. His first game back after injuries. You’ve summed up Fred perfectly , does more things bad than good. At that point he can no longer start

Unread 03-10-2021, 06:25 AM
westcoastvan

Before I use to think that Fred & The Scottish Player would make great bench players at United, but....

they've come to symbolize the absolute mediocracy that United have become, that the sooner they're sold off, the happier I will be.
Closed Thread