Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2021, 12:05 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
hes shite sell him weirdest @#%&!s on the planet .. genuine

Unread 17-02-2021, 12:10 PM
dunk

More a case of he can get even better, so there’s plenty to look forward to.

Unread 17-02-2021, 12:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
If I'm not wrong, Martial has been getting a pass for the past season because he needs to be played into form.

Meanwhile Bruno gets shit for misplaced passes

This place at times

Unread 17-02-2021, 12:47 PM
puressence

hes produced more in 12 months than any other player currently in the league bar none .

Unread 17-02-2021, 01:05 PM
shenwen

Quote:
hes produced more in 12 months than any other player currently in the league bar none .
could do with getting his pass completion percentages up by a couple of points though.

Unread 17-02-2021, 01:25 PM
92ToBury

I truly wish Bruno's current pass completion rate was in our top three problems on the pitch. It's not even in the top thirty-three.

Unread 17-02-2021, 01:26 PM
believe

Could do with having a look at this none lad

Unread 17-02-2021, 01:37 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As I mentioned, Bruno is more of a striker, doesn’t mean he can’t be more careful with his passing.
He's £#%&!ing everywhere on the pitch though, hardly a striker..

Unread 17-02-2021, 01:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
If I'm not wrong, Martial has been getting a pass for the past season because he needs to be played into form.

Meanwhile Bruno gets shit for misplaced passes

This place at times
Been getting a pass for nearly six years tbf...

Unread 17-02-2021, 01:47 PM
Neo

Imagine if Bruno played for the Scouse @#%&!s, they'd be naming new-born babies after him, and tracing his family tree on Ancestry.com.

At United there's Reds saying he's suddenly shite because he misplaces a couple of passes.

Unread 17-02-2021, 03:07 PM
Dr Stranger

He’s an ‘ends justify the means’ kind of player. Always looking to do something positive, almost to a fault, and he ends up giving it away more. Pass completion stats are all well and good, but if he’s 30 yards higher up than a deep lying midfielder, he’s not going to have as a good a percentage as someone passing it off five yards to the likes of him.

And he’ll keep doing it. He won’t become more conservative because he fails, he just keeps plugging away. That’s what makes him good too. It’s hard to extract the parts we like from the parts we don’t. It’s like trying to take the aggression out of Roy Keane because he gets sent off too much.

He gets compared to Scholes, but even Scholesy himself said they’re very different. Scholes was much safer on the ball. Even the commentators fall for it. “ a rare misplaced pass from Fernandes”. Not really, he does it all the time.

He can improve on the ball though.

The ones that frustrate me more are when he messes up a relatively simple ball to get someone in. The spectacular Hollywood stuff going wrong I can handle more because so much of it does come off.

Unread 17-02-2021, 03:09 PM
puressence

the main thing is when he does a misplaced pass ..you can rest assured hes the first one to react and get the ball back hes £#%&!ing relentless , not bad considering hes on the piss all weekend

Unread 17-02-2021, 06:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
hes shite sell him weirdest @#%&!s on the planet .. genuine
As weird as, say, wanting the greatest manager of all time sacked just before he went onto win another five titles and a Champions League?

Say what you want mate, but I’m not standing in front of Bruno’s house with a smelly blanket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Imagine if Bruno played for the Scouse @#%&!s, they'd be naming new-born babies after him, and tracing his family tree on Ancestry.com.

At United there's Reds saying he's suddenly shite because he misplaces a couple of passes.
Literally no one has said he’s shite, that would be mad. He’s a magnificent player who has the widest range of sublime to ridiculous I’ve ever seen.

Unread 17-02-2021, 06:24 PM
Vida_15

simply put...he's a risk taker with the ball in the opponents half of the pitch

sometimes it comes off and sometimes it leaves you shaking your head however we'd all probably agree that it's 100times better having him than not

Unread 17-02-2021, 06:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Apart from never actually having the %@#$&!s to say he wanted Ole gone, of course.
Why would I say it when I don’t want it?

Here, I’ve got another one for ya... Marcus Rashford is my favourite player in our squad by a distance. He’s a class act and a proper red, but he’s overrated by precisely the same degree to which this forum underrates consistency of performance.

That’s “overrated”, two R’s for the next time he scores a brace.

Unread 17-02-2021, 06:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
simply put...he's a risk taker with the ball in the opponents half of the pitch

sometimes it comes off and sometimes it leaves you shaking your head however we'd all probably agree that it's 100times better having him than not
I don’t mind the risky ones, don’t buy a ticket you don’t win etc. It’s the simple ones he £#%&!s up. Pick the most difficult pass and he’ll piss it, a simple 10 yard slide through to a running striker and he’s as likely to overhit it or pick out the defender. That’s the inconsistency that can be improved.

Unread 17-02-2021, 06:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don’t mind the risky ones, don’t buy a ticket you don’t win etc. It’s the simple ones he £#%&!s up. Pick the most difficult pass and he’ll piss it, a simple 10 yard slide through to a running striker and he’s as likely to overhit it or pick out the defender. That’s the inconsistency that can be improved.
Of course. Only the club matters, everyone else comes and goes. If they do something well, praise them, if they do something shite, criticise them. Anything else is moronic. Even Ole himself admits he’s still learning - he knows he’s made mistakes here and there.

The only player I can recall never having said a bad word about is Robbo, but that’s probably because I’m extremely biased.

Unread 17-02-2021, 07:24 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
As weird as, say, wanting the greatest manager of all time sacked just before he went onto win another five titles and a Champions League?

Say what you want mate, but I’m not standing in front of Bruno’s house with a smelly blanket.

Literally no one has said he’s shite, that would be mad. He’s a magnificent player who has the widest range of sublime to ridiculous I’ve ever seen.
Get your facts right pal

Unread 17-02-2021, 07:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Get your facts right pal

Own it. It’s good for the soul.

Unread 18-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Starts.

Give the guy a rest ffs.
Closed Thread