United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
can people stop floating the idea of building the manchester united team around donny van de beek ffs.
I'd put him in the team a bit more though.... we've just hung on for a draw at St Mary's

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:16 PM
windy waffles

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'd put him in the team a bit more though.... we've just hung on for a draw at St Mary's

You do realise they played a team, not just one player right?

Just so we are clear.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You do realise they played a team, not just one player right?

Just so we are clear.
Name the last United player named in the ballon d'Or nominations or grabbing a goal away in Turin In the champions league..

I am talking players here just so we're clear ..

That season at Ajax he played almost every game as they romped to a double and were seconds away from the champions league final ..

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:22 PM
jem

Quote:
would love to see him serve the half-time oranges in the centre circle wearing that.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:25 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Am I deluded for thinking a more attacking minded manager would be building the central midfield around VdB? Seems such a criminal waste what we're witnessing here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Is anyone doing that?*
others definitely thinking it. you can tell in the way they type...

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:30 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
others definitely thinking it. you can tell in the way they type...
I’m not sure building a midfield 2/3 around Donny is quite the same as building a team around him.

The problem I see is that if our manager won’t play him in an away game against Southampton, when will he play him?

Wolves could be make or break. Seven days of the window left for Donny to make a decision before he throws another year of his career down the drain.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:34 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Tadic looked shit-hot in that Ajax team as well, and he'd been binned of by Southampton, and I've not seen many top teams fall over themselves to snap him up.

You might have to come to accept the possibility that VDB isn't as shit hot as you want him to be

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:35 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Name the last United player named in the ballon d'Or nominations or grabbing a goal away in Turin In the champions league..
Paul Pogba and Juan Mata

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:35 PM
dunk

Quote:

I am talking players here just so we're clear ..

That season at Ajax he played almost every game as they romped to a double and were seconds away from the champions league final ..
Didn’t Marouane Fellaini bag a winner at the Juventus stadium not too long ago in the CL?

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:36 PM
MUFCOK

We should either buy Bissouma or Neves and play Van De Beek alongside one of them. Realistically he's never getting in the side ahead of Fernandes behind the striker so he needs to be played deeper.

Apart from the tougher games (City, Chelsea, Liverpool away from home) theres absolutely no reason why we should be playing with two defensive midfielders.

Unfortunately I don't see any of the above happening and we'll continue into the season how we've started, unless Ole is waiting for Varane to come into the side before ditching one of the defensive midfielders as he still doesn't feel comfortable with the Maguire Lindelof partnership?

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:37 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn’t Marouane Fellaini bag a winner at the Juventus stadium not too long ago in the CL?
Bonucci own goal apparently.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:38 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Tadic looked shit-hot in that Ajax team as well, and he'd been binned of by Southampton, and I've not seen many top teams fall over themselves to snap him up.

You might have to come to accept the possibility that VDB isn't as shit hot as you want him to be
The ex-Ajax lad on the bench at Chelsea as well.

Fwiw, I think Donny is a very good player and would even accept his awful pointing over seeing the likes of Lingard.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Tadic has signed a contract till 2024 FFS....

I don't "want" Donny to be shit hot, i know he is....

I've watched a lot of Ajax and the erediv..

It's his criminal mis-management I'm struggling with.
The manager is sounding off how much time he'll get this season and brings on an Injured Scott The Scottish Player and lingard who's literally just got back from holiday...

He's crushing a player that should be settled now in our midfield...

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:39 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK

Unfortunately I don't see any of the above happening and we'll continue into the season how we've started, unless Ole is waiting for Varane to come into the side before ditching one of the defensive midfielders as he still doesn't feel comfortable with the Maguire Lindelof partnership?
This is what I’m thinking/hoping. Otherwise surely we would have sold him by now?

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Bonucci own goal apparently.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:41 PM
tatty

Ironically, signing another midfielder (dcm) would help him get in to the side.

As it is our defensive options in that area are so poor that we need 2 in there to make the equivalent of 3/4 of a decent player.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Tadic has signed a contract till 2024 FFS....

No-one has ever moved club while under contract? Although that doesn't really have anything to do with the point I was making.

Quote:
I don't "want" Donny to be shit hot, i know he is....

I've watched a lot of Ajax and the erediv..

Quote:
It's his criminal mis-management I'm struggling with.
The manager is sounding off how much time he'll get this season and brings on an Injured Scott The Scottish Player and lingard who's literally just got back from holiday...

He's crushing a player that should be settled now in our midfield...
Oorrrrr, he's maybe just not that good

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

No-one has ever moved club while under contract? Although that doesn't really have anything to do with the point I was making.

Oorrrrr, he's maybe just not that good
You've not watched a lot of him pre United, that's ok ...

Not sure what's hilarious about other people watching other leagues, there's a full round up show at the weekend...

I know a few agents and the owners of AZ...through family..

There's football life outside the premier League mate...

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Jethro

When was the last time a player from the Eredivisie took the league by storm? Sure there is one recently but £#%&!ed if I can remember.

Unread 23-08-2021, 01:52 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
You've not watched a lot of him pre United, that's ok ...

Not sure what's hilarious about other people watching other leagues, there's a full round up show at the weekend...

I know a few agents and the owners of AZ...through family..

There's football life outside the premier League mate...
I'm not laughing at the idea of watching other leagues, I'm laughing at the you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
When was the last time a player from the Eredivisie took the league by storm? Sure there is one recently but £#%&!ed if I can remember.
Saurez. The liverpool owners must've caught some cracking round up shows...