United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:35 PM
saffers

Default Midfield depth: Pogba, Matic, Fred, Herrera, The Scottish Player

Anyone else think adding someone like Sergej Milinkovic Savic or Verrati would seem like overkill. I'd be slightly concerned about Poggy if we bring in another big one.

Surely a younger midfielder would make more sense.

Any suggestions?

Saffers suggests:

or

We've got Ribalta now, expecting more than easy targets like SMS and Verratti.

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Still got Perreira to come back too, not sure if there’s going to be a place for him.

Kondogbia has looked the business whenever I’ve seen him, good age/height/physicalality and think he has a clause for about £25m. As for Pogba, there’s no guarantee he will make the step up this season so would rather have a reliable alternative.

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Pogba and Herrera aren't proper midfielders and the jury is still out on The Scottish Player. Fred a bit of an unknown at this point if he signs so that group is certainly no guarantee of taking us to title challengers. Personally I think it's where the money should go.

For all the talk of full-backs etc I'd like to see us get the midfield quality back up to where it should be.

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:49 PM
puressence

Let’s hope tim is given his chance

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:53 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Pogba and Herrera aren't proper midfielders and the jury is still out on The Scottish Player. Fred a bit of an unknown at this point if he signs so that group is certainly no guarantee of taking us to title challengers. Personally I think it's where the money should go.

For all the talk of full-backs etc I'd like to see us get the midfield quality back up to where it should be.
Good call. Not like Matic is getting any younger and who knows if Fred doesnt end up a bust.

SMS it is then.

Kroos rumours still lurking btw.

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Switching Off

Think we need another. Happy with a 3 of Fred, Pogba and Matic, but injuries and suspensions leaves us short. Get some top class competition in there.

Unless he fancies TFM, Tuanzebe or Pereira making a breakthrough. Heard Pereira to Betis though.

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Good call. Not like Matic is getting any younger and who knows if Fred doesnt end up a bust.

SMS it is then.

Kroos rumours still lurking btw.
Why can't we go an bully Atletico out of one of their midfielders? Forget Bale, put the squeeze on them for a proper long-term player.

Unread 03-06-2018, 04:57 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Why can't we go an bully Atletico out of one of their midfielders? Forget Bale, put the squeeze on them for a proper long-term player.
Better call saul?

Might as well go balls out for him if we're ready to pay 100m for SMS....

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Better call saul?

Might as well go balls out for him if we're ready to pay 100m for SMS....
Koke or Saul. Just do it; act like a proper club with a bit of vision rather than catching 30-year-olds on the way down.

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Harri Jaffa

We should go balls out on a midfielder, left back and forward ffs. Tempted to say centre back too iiph, but those three are essential

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Buck

Ever Banega and N'Zonzi

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:24 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Ever Banega and N'Zonzi
Everton forum is that way >>>>

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:24 PM
Kangared

If Fellaini stays & Fred signs I doubt we will add anyone else in midfield unless Pogba is leaving. 2 fullbacks & a striker/ right winger .
Don’t know much about Fred, the YouTube compilation I saw was a bit underwhelming . Not even sure if he’s a holding player, a box to box tackling machine or a playmaker.

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Sapien

Forgot fellaini

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:25 PM
andyroo

Forget Fellaini

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Everton forum is that way >>>>

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:45 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Loads are getting big moves this summer nqat.

Would still kill for Banega tbh.

Unread 03-06-2018, 06:06 PM
My Name is Heath

I think just 3 defenders and another midfielder as well as Fred, a winger and back up main striker is all we need.

Unread 03-06-2018, 06:44 PM
atticusgrinch

Don't think we really need another midfielder. Left back, right back, centre back, midfielder and right winger.

That'll leave De Gea as the only pre-Mourinho player in the first 11.

Unread 03-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Vedder

Saul would be my number one choice. £#%&!ing magnificent @#%&! he is
Closed Thread