United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:55 PM
bosskeano

he's a fantastic player and a strong leader....he and DVB make our midfield actually watchable

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
he's a fantastic player and a strong leader....he and DVB make our midfield actually watchable
I think they complement each other nicely.

Bruno is loose in what he does, but he’s a match winner. VDB a lot more secure on the ball.

They both need to play and then one of Matic, Fred Or The Scottish Player next to them. Three from Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani ahead of them. Pick depending on form, freshness etc.

Fire Pogba out of a Canon and hope he lands through Marlo’s living room window.

Unread 29-11-2020, 10:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think they complement each other nicely.

Bruno is loose in what he does, but he’s a match winner. VDB a lot more secure on the ball.

They both need to play and then one of Matic, Fred Or The Scottish Player next to them. Three from Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani ahead of them. Pick depending on form, freshness etc.

Fire Pogba out of a Canon and hope he lands through Marlo’s living room window.

Unread 29-11-2020, 10:56 PM
armchair

I thought he was poor first half, decent second half. Not one of his best games. I'd rest him during the week and play donny there with as many holding mids as possible and just stifle the game.

Unread 29-11-2020, 11:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I thought he was poor first half, decent second half. Not one of his best games. I'd rest him during the week and play donny there with as many holding mids as possible and just stifle the game.
Yep - gave the ball away a lot in some bad places and tried stuff that didn’t come off. Different in the 2nd half.

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:38 AM
Cream

One of those players who ends up at other clubs.

Still amazed we managed to pull the signing off, despite trying our best to £#%&! it up.

Perfect for us in every way.

Unread 30-11-2020, 10:33 AM
redhegemony

Hopefully the emergence of DvdB will take a bit of pressure off him and let him relax a bit more. Got the potential for a terrific partnership.

Unread 30-11-2020, 11:50 AM
browser

If we play VDB and Bruno (which we should always do) then Fred or The Scottish Player have to play. Matic sits so deep that he picks the ball up 25 yards from our own goal which is no good, we have to win it higher up the pitch for these 2 to be effective.

One of Cavani or Martial should always start, we need someone in the box. Ole needs to stop dicking around with the formation every game, get some consistency in selections and put some points on the board.

Unread 30-11-2020, 01:10 PM
AK14

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
If we play VDB and Bruno (which we should always do) then Fred or The Scottish Player have to play. Matic sits so deep that he picks the ball up 25 yards from our own goal which is no good, we have to win it higher up the pitch for these 2 to be effective.

One of Cavani or Martial should always start, we need someone in the box. Ole needs to stop dicking around with the formation every game, get some consistency in selections and put some points on the board.
Whoa pal!!1!111!

Can’t be saying stuff like that

Unread 30-11-2020, 11:50 PM
Big Norm

Unread 01-12-2020, 12:05 AM
Palmer

That's the mentality the Fergie teams had.

Remember Rooney saying something about it a while back.

When the equaliser goes in you get the ball no celebrating and get it back on the centre spot, was all part of letting your opponents knowing the next goal would be inevitable.

Arsenal scored one a while back, come from 2 down I think, equalised in the 89th minute and they was all doing silly dances shaking each others legs, wasted about 2/3 minutes.

Unread 01-12-2020, 12:35 AM
dragflick

Quote:

We got 3 points again like against Everton and West Brom?

Unread 01-12-2020, 12:53 AM
Medlock

Quote:

What you're suggesting is dicking with the formation.
Whenever we play only one holding midfielder (or one plus Pogba) we get completely over-run.

Unread 01-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
We got 3 points again like against Everton and West Brom?
I genuinely wonder if I'm in a different universe sometimes reading this forum

can't wait til we get more points on the board, on top of the 3 possible each game

Unread 01-12-2020, 01:44 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I genuinely wonder if I'm in a different universe sometimes reading this forum

can't wait til we get more points on the board, on top of the 3 possible each game

Unread 01-12-2020, 01:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Whenever we play only one holding midfielder (or one plus Pogba) we get completely over-run.
this guy knows.

Unread 01-12-2020, 04:10 PM
bosskeano

Quote:

One of Cavani or Martial should always start, we need someone in the box. Ole needs to stop ******* around with the formation every game, get some consistency in selections and put some points on the board.
well then that takes Martial out of the mix because he's never in the box when he should be on crosses

Unread 01-12-2020, 04:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this guy knows.
I suppose the question is why we need 2 defensive midfielders when playing West Brom at home.

Unread 01-12-2020, 04:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I suppose the question is why we need 2 defensive midfielders when playing West Brom at home.
well.... our central defenders don't like players running at them and our fullbacks go wandering. and one dm can't cover enough ground. we need to get the ball to be able to use it. mctog, matic and fred can all play a bit, too. they're not total wan-bissakas.

Unread 01-12-2020, 04:33 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
i think that is a question most of us ask when we have the ability to play DVB and Bruno however you can play the two holding system and still make it aggressive if you have attack minded fullbacks. We saw it a bit last year when the wingers would play narrow and overload the middle with the outside backs creating the width.

i think you'll see that more now with Telles and AWB is getting better on the right.
Closed Thread