United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Never said you can't discuss it, but I'm not going to pretend your making any sort of valid point when your talking guff.

Teams change formation all the time, both before games and many times during games.

We end up winning the game with the change in formation, without conceding any real chances from open play and you double down. Odd.
Doubling down? £#%&! off you @#%&!

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Doubling down? £#%&! off you @#%&!

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Never said you can't discuss it, but I'm not going to pretend your making any sort of valid point when you're talking guff.

Teams change formation all the time, both before games and many times during games.

We end up winning the game with the change in formation, without conceding any real chances from open play and you double down. Odd.
The formation didn’t change, cavani just started running the channels and held up better than Greenwood , which opened the game up

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up

Quote:
Suits you well, embrace it.

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
We were dominating and missed sitters at 0-0, the issue was how easily we gave away goals.
We were on top for the first 15 because Southampton were shocking and tried gifting us two (which we £#%&!ed) but then after that they were the better team.

All irrelevant anyway because we won so not that arsed

Just wanted to bring up that I don’t like it when we change formation every few games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The formation didn’t change, cavani just started running the channels and held up better than Greenwood , which opened the game up
Yeah it did

Cavani was central where as first half we tried playing with spit strikers and Bruno as a false 9.

Quote:
The same formation that didn’t give them a sniff in the first half and created 2/3 chances in where our strikers should have scored

The same formation that didn’t give them a chance in the second half and scored 3 . Have a day off. It was an old fashioned comeback from united, enjoy it rather than trying to find fault in the game

Goals to which he already has admitted has nothing to do with our formation
£#%&! me you’re thick.

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:10 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Suits you well, embrace it.
Doubling down when you're talking shite again, you're consistent I'll give you that.

Anyway, enjoy the win pal. Ole got it right, soz.

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Never said you can't discuss it, but I'm not going to pretend your making any sort of valid point when you're talking guff.

It is usually, it seems, because they loved one of our other managers so much that they now find it hard to take enjoyment from United. As you say, odd.

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Doubling down when you're talking shite again, you're consistent I'll give you that.

Anyway, enjoy the win pal. Ole got it right, soz.

Will be doubling down on you with a jab if you carry on, silly @#%&!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
It is usually, it seems, because they loved one of our other managers so much that they now find it hard to take enjoyment from United. As you say, odd.

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:16 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Will be doubling down on you with a jab if you carry on, silly @#%&!.

I used to be a goalkeeper tbf

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:16 PM
Medlock

[/quote]

Jose?

Unread 29-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:

I used to be a goalkeeper tbf
Grimson thought you were shite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock

Jose?
To be serious for a second...

I have never been one for blindly defending or criticising any manager or player. And the same applies for the current manager.

We are a team that regularly show a lack of coherence, fluidity and consistency and often rely on individual moments, rather than any specific pattern of play. I personally don't believe contintual changes in how we are setting up is conducive to any of the above being rectified.

Soz if this pisses on anyone's chips.

And of course I enjoyed a late winner ffs

Unread 30-11-2020, 01:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
You can’t be serious. Either this is a wind up or I’d be properly worried that I don’t understand what I’m looking at if I were you mate.

Unread 30-11-2020, 07:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
And of course I enjoyed a late winner ffs
But the suspicion is that a few people on here actually didn't.

Unread 04-12-2020, 07:08 PM
ryanMUFC

The answer.

Unread 04-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Ole ain’t going anywhere for a while.

Suspect Alllegri and Poch will both be in jobs by the time he’s gone.

Unread 04-12-2020, 07:28 PM
armchair

Ole forever.

Unread 04-12-2020, 08:30 PM
Patty_b

Manchester United and the blame game

Quote:
The Fiver lives by a simple rule. When we mess up, it’s the world’s fault. When we do something right, it’s all on us. Sadly for the hapless, tactically clueless Ole Gunnar Solskjær, the opposite is true. The events of 2020 have provided incontrovertible proof that, when Manchester United win, it’s entirely down to Bruno Fernandes; and when they lose, it’s all because Ole’s still at the wheel, careering round another corner with a smile on his face.

The Fiver’s detailedish analysis of media coverage – traditional and social disgrace – confirms that, had Solskjær done his job properly and not been so embarrassingly out of his depth, United would have won 100% of their matches under his management. Instead the figure is 56%, only the third highest win ratio in United’s history and a despicable 4% below Lord Ferg’s...
It goes on quite gloriously.

Unread 04-12-2020, 08:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Manchester United and the blame game

It goes on quite gloriously.

Nice to see him actually get a bit of support in the media.

It amusing to contrast the perception of him with someone like Arteta. Ole is hapless and out of depth. Arteta has a plan, it just hasn’t come to fruition yet. That’s the line and we’re sticking with it.

Ole seemed put out by the assumption in one of the questions that we are inconsistent because we lost the other night... he pointed out that we had won the previous three and if you go back 30 games then we’re one of the most consistent in the league. Which is true.

Unread 04-12-2020, 09:15 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, but slipping up when we finally seem to be putting a run together is still infuriating.
Closed Thread