United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2020, 03:48 PM
triple sod

Unread 14-11-2020, 08:53 PM
red in cumbria

Charlton not doing a combover back then.

Unread 15-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
Fans not allowed behind the goal on the Stretford End

Unread 15-11-2020, 10:15 AM
Cream

Best’s hat trick celebration so nonchalant.

What a talent.

Unread 15-11-2020, 07:38 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
That third goal of George’s shut the West Ham won the World Cup Eastenders up. Left Moore absolutely planted before burying it.

Unread 20-11-2020, 12:13 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 25-11-2020, 02:32 PM
thatsfuctit

Not sure King Leopard has got the concept of penalties yet (does he post on here?) , but what a strike, Scholesy would be proud of that one

Unread 11-12-2020, 09:54 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 11-12-2020, 10:14 PM
92ToBury

It’s usually the fans who get shit-faced at the match...

Unread 22-12-2020, 03:55 PM
thatsfuctit

Wallop

his partnership with Zola was tasty

Unread 18-01-2021, 11:28 AM
triple sod

(Not my style, but could be a tap in for anyone looking to take a pop at an older Fredster)

Unread 18-01-2021, 07:36 PM
red in cumbria

One says (not in those exact words tbf) that O'Farrell needs more time - the more things change, the more they stay the same

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:17 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 08-02-2021, 02:43 PM
Buck

Possibly the best goals compilation I've seen in sheer audacity. These are goals that are stuff you see in video games and think it looks unrealistic. He looks like Pele over there.

A great football story too. Gignac was like the Darren Bent of France - put up decent numbers at his best but nothing special. Then in 2015 at the age of 30 he moved to Mexico to join Tigres and in the six years since he has subsequently become their all time top goalscorer, led them to four titles (they only won three before), scored the winning goal in their equivalent to the Champions League making them continental champions for the first time ever, and now just sent them through to the FIFA Club World Cup Final where they should play Bayern Munich.

He could have gone to West Brom or Stoke in 2015 and plodded around in a relegation battle but instead is playing in front of mammoth crowds, worshipped by the supporters, became a legend and still earning hefty wages too. More players should consider taking these opportunities.

Unread 08-02-2021, 02:45 PM
doudou

Gignac's more like the Tony Cascarino of France -- grew up a dirt-poor gypsy

Unread 08-02-2021, 02:59 PM
puressence

Quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZK8JDQa0A

(Not my style, but could be a tap in for anyone looking to take a pop at an older Fredster)
hammering the directors

Unread 08-02-2021, 03:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
https://youtu.be/MzUe5s30olY

Possibly the best goals compilation I've seen in sheer audacity. These are goals that are stuff you see in video games and think it looks unrealistic. He looks like Pele over there.

A great football story too. Gignac was like the Darren Bent of France - put up decent numbers at his best but nothing special. Then in 2015 at the age of 30 he moved to Mexico to join Tigres and in the six years since he has subsequently become their all time top goalscorer, led them to four titles (they only won three before), scored the winning goal in their equivalent to the Champions League making them continental champions for the first time ever, and now just sent them through to the FIFA Club World Cup Final where they should play Bayern Munich.

He could have gone to West Brom or Stoke in 2015 and plodded around in a relegation battle but instead is playing in front of mammoth crowds, worshipped by the supporters, became a legend and still earning hefty wages too. More players should consider taking these opportunities.
Was linked with Arsenal a fair bit IIRC, he dodged a bullet there

Been listening to a lot of the lower/middle order pros on the Undr the Cosh podcast, and battling around in the lower leagues sounds absolutely brutal. If I'd have been a player of Championship level ability, I'd like to think I'd have been all over moving abroad and becoming a cult hero somewhere in the sun I'd much prefer that than getting kicked to £#%&! at Crawley away on a Wednesday evening in January

Unread 08-02-2021, 03:55 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was linked with Arsenal a fair bit IIRC, he dodged a bullet there

Been listening to a lot of the lower/middle order pros on the Undr the Cosh podcast, and battling around in the lower leagues sounds absolutely brutal. If I'd have been a player of Championship level ability, I'd like to think I'd have been all over moving abroad and becoming a cult hero somewhere in the sun I'd much prefer that than getting kicked to f*** at Crawley away on a Wednesday evening in January
I'm with you on that definitely.

Bradley Wright Phillips swapped League One to become an MLS legend. Definite upgrade and perhaps a more fulfilling career than his brother even if the quality of football is essentially League One just played on top class pitches and nice stadiums.

Unread 08-02-2021, 04:06 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I'm with you on that definitely.

Bradley Wright Phillips swapped League One to become an MLS legend. Definite upgrade and perhaps a more fulfilling career than his brother even if the quality of football is essentially League One just played on top class pitches and nice stadiums.
It’s probably more fun too. You see it so often where the top teams in Europe play against each other and they’re both so well drilled, so organised and good at what they do that it becomes a bore fest to watch because they essentially cancel each other out. Even some of the shitter teams in the league here are horrible to play against nowadays.

Only problem with going to some of these countries to play football is the imminent threat of a brutal death at the hands of their fans should they ever go on a poor run of form.

Unread 08-02-2021, 04:08 PM
dunk

Kevin Campbell talking about his time in Turkey is ace, he was a bonafide legend after about 3 games because he bagged a hat-trick against Galatasaray. Utterly mental over there
Closed Thread